Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisG View Post
    Even I've got 2 machines at quadix because they are so ridiculously cheap.
    Yes, BOTH separate times I had issues with just getting the machines provisioned as per the order form - but I already knew what to expect in terms of the actual service quality.

The hard drives ALL test out to be normal performance for SATA3, the network is fast, etc.
    Glad to see everything has worked out and that specs look good on your end.
      0 Not allowed!

I am waiting to see how that goes!
    So far I've been contacted by Josh in order to get this sorted out! So I might be lucky, but for sure they need to spent a few $$ in order to get their client portal at least working... it's there but each time I tried to open a support ticket I keep getting a blank screen.
    Solutions like WHMCS that work (yes even with the problems we all know) are far better than the one that's custom build right now.

I will update again as soon as I have more info to share.
    Your Hosting Partner of Choice
    ...everything stored in NVMe
      0 Not allowed!

Okay, here we go.
    @PascM
    The server you ordered does not support the OS you requested. You said you sent in support tickets, but we never received them until yesterday. We've been working with you and we'll update your ticket shortly. We'll be provisioning a different but on par server since you want an OS that is not supported on your current server.
    @xlightwaverx
    We'll update your ticket now. I personally ran IO speed tests yesterday on your server and you received 490 MB/s. I've also checked the network and the port looks fine on our side. As for the CPU, we did not run tests but we certainly will now.
    V O L U M E D R [I] V E I N C
    Industry Leading VPS SALE
    Most Amazing and incredible XEON E3-1230 dedicated sale yet!
    | VPS | Dedicated | Colocation |
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by vdrivedom View Post
    Okay, here we go.
    @PascM
    The server you ordered does not support the OS you requested. You said you sent in support tickets, but we never received them until yesterday. We've been working with you and we'll update your ticket shortly. We'll be provisioning a different but on par server since you want an OS that is not supported on your current server.
    @vdrivedom

That is correct, I ordered 16GB RAM it came with 8GB I ordered RAID 1 (soft) it came with RAID 0 and I ordered Centos 6.x 64bit it came with Centos 5.x 64 bit.
    (here's were a better ordering portal even WHMCs can help us both)

And I think we could avoid all that if your ticket system was able to open a new ticket, I went through your client portal and tried to file one, after hitting submit I got a blank page no ticket created, tried again still the same.
    (you can do all that with a better ticket system)

I had to try using a different email account (that's were my first message goes that I was getting the impression that my emails go to >>dev/null )

Still, I am here hopping that this can work for both of us and you can turn me into one of your live adv's

I know (can't explain why) that you can provide better services than what shows so far.

Correct me If I am wrong and I will apologize public here! (even though I am not blaming I am actually asking questions I couldn't ask through your ticket system since I had to struggle reading emails and not a clean conversation through a ticket support system.)

(gmail sucks on reading replies IMHO)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PascM View Post
    @vdrivedom

That is correct, I ordered 16GB RAM it came with 8GB I ordered RAID 1 (soft) it came with RAID 0 and I ordered Centos 6.x 64bit it came with Centos 5.x 64 bit.
    (here's were a better ordering portal even WHMCs can help us both)

And I think we could avoid all that if your ticket system was able to open a new ticket, I went through your client portal and tried to file one, after hitting submit I got a blank page no ticket created, tried again still the same.
    (you can do all that with a better ticket system)

I had to try using a different email account (that's were my first message goes that I was getting the impression that my emails go to >>dev/null )

Still, I am here hopping that this can work for both of us and you can turn me into one of your live adv's

I know (can't explain why) that you can provide better services than what shows so far.

Correct me If I am wrong and I will apologize public here! (even though I am not blaming I am actually asking questions I couldn't ask through your ticket system since I had to struggle reading emails and not a clean conversation through a ticket support system.)

(gmail sucks on reading replies IMHO)
    We of course want to. We'll be updating you now.
      0 Not allowed!

Okay, here we go.
    @PascM
    @xlightwaverx
    We'll update your ticket now. I personally ran IO speed tests yesterday on your server and you received 490 MB/s. I've also checked the network and the port looks fine on our side. As for the CPU, we did not run tests but we certainly will now.
    Yes thank you. Hopefully you can get the box online as it has been down about 18 hours. DRAC won't power it on though DRAC does now work as of this morning. DRAC claims box is running though.

As for the benchmark, I am quite sure I only did one core. You can find the test file wgets in my bash history.
    Last edited by highavailability-io; 11-19-2014 at 01:55 PM.
    highavailability.io ██████ ███ ██ █ █
    High Availability WordPress Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xlightwaverx View Post
    finally they show up
    Of course! WHT is their helpdesk. They are normally ridiculously slow at answering emails and tickets, if at all, (and never answer/return phone calls) until a thread is opened here. Has been this way for years.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by wswd View Post
    Of course! WHT is their helpdesk. They are normally ridiculously slow at answering emails and tickets, if at all, (and never answer/return phone calls) until a thread is opened here. Has been this way for years.
    That's simply not the case. Both clients had open tickets and were answered this morning.
      0 Not allowed!

That's simply not the case. Both clients had open tickets and were answered this morning.
    Of course they were answered this morning. You guys saw this thread. Like I said, this is your helpdesk.

Quote Originally Posted by OP
    I am trying to contact them for 2-3 days now with no luck.
    What happened to their tickets and phone calls for days? Great that they were answered this morning. It shouldn't take 4 days and a WHT thread to get a ticket answered.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by volumix View Post
    Sirius, how is everything performing currently?
    Server and network are running great.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

Well I am now past the 24hr mark. They gave me another DRAC login (changed the IP address) and I am unable to connect from 2 locations.

The tech confirms it works, well it doesn't for me from 2 different PCs, so I dunno.

Tech also stated (which I pulled from my email): "Actually, oddly enough, we did find a CPU issue. I've never seen a CPU die or begin to die but it is. We're replacing the whole server."

For some reason they deleted that ticket as it is not in my conversations with them at Quadix.co

They now claim: "Looks like a bug, soft lockups. I'm getting a reload on it now. Maybe something got corrupt during the cPanel install.

I see someone followed up regarding your DRAC IP. I can confirm .166 works."

Well, the server is either dead, or it has software lockups, bugs, corrupt cpanel install. I never even installed Cpanel. I simply prepped the box for cpanel. Oh.. hey DRAC is still down guy.

I asked for my money back in both tickets. They asked me to change my WHT thread.

I Give Up!
    I can't expose my clients to this type of reliability. It's obviously a joke. Story changes, deleted tickets. I can't believe people have the gall to do something like this after they knew this has been brought to the public.

I'm sorry VolumeDrive / Quadix. You have not met your end of the deal and I rightfully request my money back.

PayPal Transaction ID #6YC95133SS998005X
    Total: 152.95

I look forward to this being resolved, as I am not interested in your services since you failed to meet what you advertised.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xlightwaverx View Post
    Well I am now past the 24hr mark. They gave me another DRAC login (changed the IP address) and I am unable to connect from 2 locations.

The tech confirms it works, well it doesn't for me from 2 different PCs, so I dunno.

Tech also stated (which I pulled from my email): "Actually, oddly enough, we did find a CPU issue. I've never seen a CPU die or begin to die but it is. We're replacing the whole server."

For some reason they deleted that ticket as it is not in my conversations with them at Quadix.co

They now claim: "Looks like a bug, soft lockups. I'm getting a reload on it now. Maybe something got corrupt during the cPanel install.

I see someone followed up regarding your DRAC IP. I can confirm .166 works."

Well, the server is either dead, or it has software lockups, bugs, corrupt cpanel install. I never even installed Cpanel. I simply prepped the box for cpanel. Oh.. hey DRAC is still down guy.

I asked for my money back in both tickets. They asked me to change my WHT thread.

I Give Up!
    I can't expose my clients to this type of reliability. It's obviously a joke. Story changes, deleted tickets. I can't believe people have the gall to do something like this after they knew this has been brought to the public.

I'm sorry VolumeDrive / Quadix. You have not met your end of the deal and I rightfully request my money back.

PayPal Transaction ID #6YC95133SS998005X
    Total: 152.95

I look forward to this being resolved, as I am not interested in your services since you failed to meet what you advertised.
    We've just updated your ticket.

We completely rebuilt the server and we've been running benchmarks to make sure it is acceptable.

There was a hardware fault and replacing the server was the only option. Please continue updating via your ticket as this is not the correct venue.
      0 Not allowed!

@xlightwaverx,

Your server has been fully replaced, tested and delivered. Your original unixbench wasn't complied with 24 core support and that is why you were seeing scores in the 1000 range.

Your I/O test is coming back with ~500 MB/s.

Network is seeing a fully maxed out gigabit port.

Unixbench has been corrected.

Code:
    # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda2 bs=1G count=1000 oflag=direct
    dd: writing `/dev/sda2': No space left on device
    17+0 records in
    16+0 records out
    17825792000 bytes (18 GB) copied, 37.4319 s, 476 MB/s
    # 

# wget -O /dev/null http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test10000.zip
    --2014-11-19 13:48:52--  http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test10000.zip
    Resolving speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com... 208.43.102.250
    Connecting to speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com|208.43.102.250|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 10737418240 (10G) [application/zip]
    Saving to: “/dev/null”

11% [==================>                                                                                                                                                   ] 1,253,629,327 81.6M/s  eta 3m 21s

Benchmark Run: Wed Nov 19 2014 13:19:04 - 13:47:21
    24 CPUs in system; running 24 parallel copies of tests

Dhrystone 2 using register variables      357359225.3 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)
    Double-Precision Whetstone                    63666.8 MWIPS (9.9 s, 7 samples)
    Execl Throughput                              52872.8 lps   (29.9 s, 2 samples)
    File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks        432491.4 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples)
    File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks          116587.4 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples)
    File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks       1443394.3 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples)
    Pipe Throughput                            16506846.7 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)
    Pipe-based Context Switching                3682454.5 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)
    Process Creation                             125109.3 lps   (30.0 s, 2 samples)
    Shell Scripts (1 concurrent)                  70522.9 lpm   (60.0 s, 2 samples)
    Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)                   9384.4 lpm   (60.1 s, 2 samples)
    System Call Overhead                        6333208.6 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)

System Benchmarks Index Values               BASELINE       RESULT    INDEX
    Dhrystone 2 using register variables         116700.0  357359225.3  30622.0
    Double-Precision Whetstone                       55.0      63666.8  11575.8
    Execl Throughput                                 43.0      52872.8  12296.0
    File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks          3960.0     432491.4   1092.1
    File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks            1655.0     116587.4    704.5
    File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks          5800.0    1443394.3   2488.6
    Pipe Throughput                               12440.0   16506846.7  13269.2
    Pipe-based Context Switching                   4000.0    3682454.5   9206.1
    Process Creation                                126.0     125109.3   9929.3
    Shell Scripts (1 concurrent)                     42.4      70522.9  16632.8
    Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)                      6.0       9384.4  15640.6
    System Call Overhead                          15000.0    6333208.6   4222.1
                                                                       ========
    System Benchmarks Index Score                                        6873.4
      0 Not allowed!

Doesn't look like the SSL on the VD shopping cart works, is this the intended result?
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I can see you do not care about my three requests for my money back. I was assuming you wouldn't. I am glad that the server is finally complete, and if you will not issue me a refund I suppose I can find a use for it for a month. I have some testing I could use it for with some CPanel Devs that it might come in handy.

The issue at hand is not that you took a long time to provision the server. The box was up by the time you said it would be. The issue at hand was that you advertise "We have a team of experts on staff 24/7 to provide the highest level of uptime and reliability."

In fact, you can go for hours without issuing a response, and that is something that I actually require. You advertise it, but you fail to deliver it on day one. Say 300 users are on a shared hosting box and it goes down for some reason. I tell everyone I have 24 / 7 support. If someone gets a hold of me for an explanation I am going to have to check with the DC. If the DC doesn't get back to me for over 12 hours, that means I have to either lie, not respond to customers, or bullsh*t my customer base for half a day. All three of those options are unacceptable and would make my services to be possibly perceived as the way others in this thread see yours.

Secondly, you physically deleted part of a ticket. That does not make sense to me why you would keep the part of the ticket that claims the server was compromised, but delete the part that says "Actually, oddly enough, we did find a CPU issue. I've never seen a CPU die or begin to die but it is. We're replacing the whole server."

Ok so you found an issue, there's no reason to delete it from the record and to me that just shows you are trying to hide things. I don't want my DC to hide things from me. You tell me the box must have been compromised. The box was compromised in under two hours? To me, that is the DC bullsh*tting me. Both of these two situations are also unacceptable to me.

I understand that it costs money to have people there to reassemble servers, add cards, swap drives, etc. I understand that if you finally accomplish the end goal, things should be all fine and dandy, but that does not mean that everything else that went along with this process is something that I want to attach myself too. You've proven to be unreliable to me within the first 24 hours of the server deployment. I'm not really interested in day 2.

And I am not saying this is a typical thing for you guys. I did not do my homework and research you folks before I jumped ship. That is the price I have to pay. I'm sorry about you having to spend a part of your day fixing this server. I am sure someone else will need this RAID10 24 Core SSD Box next month, and they will do the same thing I did and not do any research, but they will have their box setup and ready to rock in under an hour, and probably will leave you a wonderful review.

Good luck with your future endeavors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uptime.png  
      1 Not allowed!

@xlightwaverx,

Network is seeing a fully maxed out gigabit port.

# wget -O /dev/null http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com.../test10000.zip
    --2014-11-19 13:48:52-- http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com.../test10000.zip
    Resolving speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com... 208.43.102.250
    Connecting to speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com|208.43.102.250|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 10737418240 (10G) [application/zip]
    Saving to: “/dev/null”

11% [==================> ] 1,253,629,327 81.6M/s eta 3m 21s
    I am assuming this is some type of joke. Do you understand why I do not want to see day two. Please issue me a refund as this is unacceptable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speedtest.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	29725

Name:	speedtest2.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	29726

Name:	speedtest3.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	29727
      0 Not allowed!

This thread is just ridiculous... You failed to deliver... why is it so difficult to refund him?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonchun View Post
    This thread is just ridiculous... You failed to deliver... why is it so difficult to refund him?
    Failed to deliver what exactly? We have provided a completely new server, performed full testing, delivered within the time frame we stated, spec'd exactly what the customer purchased and have provided non-stop updates.
      0 Not allowed!

@xlightwaverx,

Please update your existing ticket. We will provide you a complete refund if you are not satisfied with the existing existing server.
      0 Not allowed!

Using WHT as a support desk indeed.
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.
      0 Not allowed!

So are Volumedrive and Quadix the same company?
      0 Not allowed!

Seems so, I on the other hand I got the server I wanted, so far great network and server response.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alucasa View Post
    Using WHT as a support desk indeed.
    We do not like airing customer complaints just as we are sure you don't like reading them. However, when an issue is brought to our attention, we always state "Please update your existing trouble ticket". This being said, if we do not answer a thread such as this and provide updates, we get criticized for not adding our side of the story or correcting misinformation.

We will and do continue to be as brief as possible with our answers and updates.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    So are Volumedrive and Quadix the same company?
    This has been answered in previous threads. QuadIX is a high-end only dedicated server sister company. We offer different products and services.
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PascM View Post
    Seems so, I on the other hand I got the server I wanted, so far great network and server response.
    Glad to see everything has been addressed and handled.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast