Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nice tutorial! Hopefully we won't get a dispute anytime soon but incase we do we will use this method
    Sapatana.eu ILoveBilling
    120Gbps DDoS Protection on Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, XEN Windows and Linux VPS, Domains, SSL Certificates
    PayPal | BitPay (BitCoin) | UK Bank Transfer | International Bank Transfer

So what you're saying here is that paypal's online dispute system is pointless since the only way to get it taken care of properly is to call them.
    http://www.bitaccel.com/ - High resource vps hosting and vps resellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Drive Hotel View Post
    ***This does not cover how to win a fraud case. Where the customer used a stolen card or PayPal account.

I see the matter of many people getting hit and losing with a PayPal dispute. I have never lost a dispute yet and they have ranged from $10 to $1500 (some nonhosting related).

Method 1.
    Gather evidence
    * I seriously suggest you add a script to grab the users IP address on your site when logging in. This can be provided to PayPal for them to check their registration and common usage tables. If the IP addresses match, you will win instantly.

Call PayPal. DO NOT EMAIL THEM.
    * Many disputes are lost because one side of the dispute sends a wall of text to the support agent. If you call and interact with the support team, they will hear the sincerity in your voice and they will see you as a human instead of a text message on their screen. ACT KINDLY AND RESPECTFULLY. Explain your situation and why it is an attempt at scamming you. Provide a tracking number if the item was physical. If it shows delivered, YOU WILL WIN.

What if my item was virtual?
    * Be sure to add a section to your ToS (Terms of Service) stating that refunds are allowed if given the approval of staff via support ticket or email service. Any unauthorized chargebacks will not be granted and you will be blacklisted from our service.

When they check out and agree to your ToS, PayPal will see they agreed not to perform an unauthorized chargeback and will side with you.

Method 2.

"Suns out, Guns out".

If non of the above methods have worked, call PayPal, yell at the first rep you get connected to and ask for their supervisor. Keep going up in the customer support ranks until someone with authorization will override the dispute and cancel it.

What if the dispute is closed and I lost?

CALL THEM. THEY CAN REOPEN A CASE WITHIN 30-90 DAYS.

I hope this has helped you, if you have any feedback or other methods, feel free to add them.
    Yeah best way is to Call PayPal and say that the person agreed to a Terms & Conditions. State the lines about no refunds or whatever your refund policy is, and they will close the dispute for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BA-Corey View Post
    So what you're saying here is that paypal's online dispute system is pointless since the only way to get it taken care of properly is to call them.
    That almost sums it up. There's too many ways for scammers to use paypal as a tool for their nefarious actions, but as mentioned in this thread, there are ways to shut it down from day 1.

The real issue is when a scammer goes the chargeback route. Paypal will step back faster than avoiding a moving vehicle.

Thanks for sharing your experience, we all benefit from people like you

Well in paypal 90% disputes are won by customer, not sure what is issue at your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Topnews123 View Post
    Well in paypal 90% disputes are won by customer, not sure what is issue at your side.
    Because within that 90%, there's a percentage that are not real customers.

one thing I can tell you is that you must have extremely detailed definitions on the method of payment and refunds. Your best policy is to state you never allow refunds and make that very blatant in the checkout process and require the buyer to agree to the terms with a check box.

However PayPal does have a preference for the buyer not the seller so expect first time buyers to get refunds.

This is my understanding...

Again state your terms of purchase and refund boldly and blatantly with a confirmation by the buyer and then you will have some proof to show to paypal...

And you might want to split first time orders into more than one payment by requiring a customer to pay for setup to create an account so they can continue and then make a purchase.. then offer a coupon for account creation..

that way they are not a first time buyer ... or payer.

Make them buy the domain first separately ... be creative.. cover your butt. especially on large purchases

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence-J View Post
    IMO it all depends on the representative working on the dispute.
    This. As someone who worked in the CSR field for a long time, I would go out of my way to NOT help you if someone yelled at me.

I highly suggest sticking to the "keep calm and ask for a supervisor", before laying into some poor guy who doesn't want to be there in the first place.
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

Quote Originally Posted by Shyuan View Post
    15 minutes, is he/she kidding me?
    Any dispute that has the words "15 minutes" in it should be refused. Crazy.
    Komputer King Web Hosting

█ Shared hosting | Dedicated Servers | OpenVZ | KVM | Xen | cPanel | CDN
    █ 99.9% uptime | 24/7 Support | Live Chat | Varnish | PHP-FPM | Percona DB

Quote Originally Posted by rits View Post
    I have never lost a dispute when I handled it over the phone.
    Do they have a toll free number?

Chargebacks are too common these days. Great guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Web1337 View Post
    Chargebacks are too common these days. Great guide.
    My pleasure man!
    Hard Drive Hotel | @HardDriveHotel
    Shared | VPS | Dedicated | Colocation
    john@harddrivehotel.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12