Thanks WiredTree!

Had a recent outage and today got a complimentary month free w/o having to fill out an SLA form or anything.

It was a learning experience about backups/restores and the time and risk involved. The difference with WiredTree vs other vendors is that they kept me informed all along the way, wrote up a full synopsis of the event, and now, went out of their way to make sure I was compensated without me having to even ask. I realize this was a special case and just want to thank them for their professionalism.

thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by avibodha View Post
    The difference with WiredTree vs other vendors is that they kept me informed all along the way, wrote up a full synopsis of the event, and now, went out of their way to make sure I was compensated without me having to even ask. I realize this was a special case and just want to thank them for their professionalism. thanks much!
    You are very welcome Avibodha! Instead of treating clients like cattle, we prefer to treat them as business partners. I think this is one of the many key differences that set good hosts apart from bad hosts. While I am sorry to hear about the issue you experienced, I am very happy to hear how well you were well taken care of. Thank you very much for your continued business and we are here if you need us!
    James Webb
    WiredTree Fully Managed VPS and Dedicated Hosting | New: Pure SSD RAID-10 Fully Managed VPS
    Follow us on Twitter: @WiredTree | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/WiredTree
    james@wiredtree.com | toll-free: 1.866.523.8733 local: +1.312.447.0510

Quote Originally Posted by avibodha View Post
    I realize this was a special case and just want to thank them for their professionalism.
    Thanks for sharing your experience with WT. Mind if I ask what led to the outage and how long your VPS was offline?

A few years ago I had an unusual billing situation that eventually led me to cancel my VPS as I was consolidating. After submitting a ticket and requesting they call me, I spoke with someone very friendly who handled my billing issue quickly with no hassle. Although it was a minor request, it left a memorable impression on me.
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?