USA budget dedicated server like Hetzner

Any recommendations for the following requirements?

Min RAM: 8GB
    Min CPU: pretty much anything as long as it is not just an Atom
    Min Bandwidth: 100MBit
    Support: Un-managed server, just need support if their hardware/network fails.

In Germany I can get 16GB RAM now for 49 Euro from Hetzner. (I use and like them by the way.) For a comparable $70 it is hard to find even 4GB in the US.

The only one I have found so far is DataShack with $49 for an 8GB Dual AMD Opteron 2216 but they are sold out at the moment.

WholeSaleInternet got mentioned in the posts here several times, but for $70 I barely get 4GB RAM.

Thanks for your recommendations!

Hetzner has almost 160 euro in setup fee while in usa, most of us do bot charge that much setup fee. Checkout burstnet and fdc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiuda View Post
    Any recommendations for the following requirements?

Min RAM: 8GB
    Min CPU: pretty much anything as long as it is not just an Atom
    Min Bandwidth: 100MBit
    Support: Un-managed server, just need support if their hardware/network fails.

In Germany I can get 16GB RAM now for 49 Euro from Hetzner. (I use and like them by the way.) For a comparable $70 it is hard to find even 4GB in the US.

The only one I have found so far is DataShack with $49 for an 8GB Dual AMD Opteron 2216 but they are sold out at the moment.

WholeSaleInternet got mentioned in the posts here several times, but for $70 I barely get 4GB RAM.

Thanks for your recommendations!

Here are a few:

http://www.volumedrive.com/ USA - PayPal / Credit card

http://www.datashack.net/ USA - PayPal / Credit card

http://www.joesdatacenter.com/ USA - PayPal / Credit card

http://www.wholesaleinternet.com/ USA - PayPal / Credit card

http://www.burst.net/ USA - Paypal / Credit card / Liberty Reserve / more
    miscis.com - Providing domains and premium hosting solutions at an affordable price
    cPanel+Softaculous | 99.9% Uptime SLA | CloudLinux | Daily Backups
    █ Accepting PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Liberty Reserve
    Currently in Netherlands, EU & Arizona, USA

Quote Originally Posted by SeriesN View Post
    Hetzner has almost 160 euro in setup fee
    You are right, they have a 149 Euro setup fee. But let's say I plan to run the server for at least 1 year, that increases the monthly price to ca. 61 Euro = ca. $80. For $80 I cannot find a 16GB RAM Intel i7-2600 Quad-Core server in the US.

You are right, they have a 149 Euro setup fee. But let's say I plan to run the server for at least 1 year, that increases the monthly price to ca. 61 Euro = ca. $80. For $80 I cannot find a 16GB RAM Intel i7-2600 Quad-Core server in the US.
    You can get a E3-1230 with 16GB RAM at VolumeDrive for ~$95, but you will have no support and a long setup time.
    If you can wait, OVH are coming to the US soon.
    miscis.com - Providing domains and premium hosting solutions at an affordable price
    cPanel+Softaculous | 99.9% Uptime SLA | CloudLinux | Daily Backups
    █ Accepting PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Liberty Reserve
    Currently in Netherlands, EU & Arizona, USA

You also need to back out 19% VAT from Hetzner's prices, making them even cheaper.

It translates to less than $70 per month plus $170 setup for a 32GB RAM quadcore Sandy Bridge server.

No one in US can come even remotely close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscis View Post
    You can get a E3-1230 with 16GB RAM at VolumeDrive for ~$95, but you will have no support and a long setup time.
    Setup time - Yes. We do not start the billing cycle until service has been delivered however.
    Support? We are very much available for any support requests.

I feel I'm getting tired of all these requests of matching Hetzner elsewhere in the world. They're ridiculous requests. Hetzner have their setup differently which allows them to deliver cheap prices, sure. But they also have an ROI of easily over 12 months. Few US DC's are prepared to extend to over 12 months. See what happens when OVH USA arrives, then and only then you might get the hectic central European models in the USA.

Honestly I'm using a Kimsufi dedicated as a personal toy machine (love their manager and vKVM) and while it isn't in the US, I'm not having a bit of trouble hitting 100mbit to US servers. I'm running VNC onto the thing with less latency than on my BuyVM VPS and I'm in Texas (I'm scratching my head on that too, but it is what it is). If you're looking for budget, you might give them a shot. Alternatively, VolumeDrive provides a heck of a machine for an incredible price, and they're pretty friendly too, so long as you keep your expectations where they should be for what you're getting.

Contact Incero.com via email

He will give you a good offer!
    Quote, "Google is your best friend!"

how about 4gb of dedicated ram and 8gb burstable, only 70 bucks
    its vps though
    but you cant beat that price
    http://www.rocketvps.com/vps.html

Let's see...

*****host comes fairly close with 16GB RAM for $89/month (or 8GB for $49/month), but they're in Canada, and their network has had a few issues recently.

DataShack should be able to do that for $69 (i3/8GB/gigabit), but they're sold out right now. They also have a dual core 5150 with 8GB for $59/month, but it's also sold out.

DediDirect might be worth looking at also if they're still doing that special for 8GB at $75/month.

VolumeDrive is an option, but most likely a bad one.

In August, you can buy a Kimsufi from OVH-CA, which should shake up the market and at the very least give you another option.

Yes we still have that offer
    Vee Tran - Vee@DediDirect.com
    DediDirect - Cut Costs, Not Corners - Multiple U.S Locations

Quote Originally Posted by continuation View Post
    You also need to back out 19% VAT from Hetzner's prices, making them even cheaper.

It translates to less than $70 per month plus $170 setup for a 32GB RAM quadcore Sandy Bridge server.

No one in US can come even remotely close to that.
    That is awesome price indeed. We need more servers in the $50-$75 montly range.

Has OVH started?

Quote Originally Posted by Laloo View Post
    That is awesome price indeed. We need more servers in the $50-$75 montly range.

Has OVH started?
    No, they are in a testing phase where they gave out some servers to their active clientele, that's all AFAIK.

I read somewhere that CertifiedHosting has a dedicated with 10TB a month for $99.

Dont remember where I saw the promo

Quote Originally Posted by Laloo View Post
    I read somewhere that CertifiedHosting has a dedicated with 10TB a month for $99.

Dont remember where I saw the promo
    It's right on their website under Dedicated Servers, just checked.

Isnt leaseweb pretty cheap as well?