Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I signed up with them and my account got suspended 2 days in for using to much CPU use, never did get a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    I signed up with them and my account got suspended 2 days in for using to much CPU use, never did get a refund.
    Resource Usage
    User may not:

Use 25% or more of system resources for longer than 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.

Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.

Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.

Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.

Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrents off-site, but may not host or store them on our shared servers.

Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities

Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc

Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes

When using PHP include functions for including a local file, include the local file rather than the URL. Instead of include("http://yourdomain.com/include.php") use include("include.php")

While our shared services are suitable for the bulk of our customers, there comes a time for some websites when they are better suited for a larger plan, which allows for more dedicated CPU and memory resources. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to discontinue service to any customer with a website or other hosted data that takes up more than 10% of the server resources and/or 10% of the server's CPU. This means that if your website is found to be utilizing more than 10% of the CPU and memory of the service, we reserve the right to take your site offline. If this becomes necessary, you can either upgrade your hosting package, or request a pro-rated refund of the amounts you have paid in advance for the services. Due to the severity of this, and our ability to act quickly to correct these situations to avoid server issues, we will do everything reasonably feasible to provide you with a warning prior to taking your site offline, but we accept no obligation to do so.
    hmmm....seems they need kicked in the as* to speed up the refund issue.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    I'm gonna check if they've patented this wicked businessplan. If not, then I'm gonna.

Seriously though, if the OP had stated "they tricked me" or "didn't give me the refunded I am entitled to" then I'd side with him until justhost sorted it out.

But it's crap when someone just comes in here to slate a company they've not used or been defrauded out of money with or had any contact with at all.

Where does it stop. Justhosts today....HGator tomorrow. DTH next week....Dreamhost....Wethost....HostWithHugeNads. rofl

Sure, if people have a problem with a host they signed upto, then by all means call them whatever you like....but until then, who's the bigger scammer?

owm

Doesn't a mod usually pass by and ask the poster for proof of a site hosted with the provider? Seems missing in this thread.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

yep....but usually after someone uses the report button it will be brought to their attention.

I'm not so sure this thread breaks the rules, but it just seems unfair that someone can join wht to slate a company they have had no dealings with for the hell of it.

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 06-01-2009 at 08:37 PM.
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    yep....but usually after someone uses the report button it will be brought to their attention.

I'm not so sure this thread breaks the rules, but it just seems unfair that someone can join wht to slate a company they have had no dealings with for the hell of it.

owm
    Yeah, a careful reading of the orginal post still does not make it clear what dealings the OP actually had with them. Having a monthly price and an annual prepay price is not exactly unusual in any industry.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

The OP 'seems like a big fraud',
    is what some people may think !

I thought justhost is a bigger company like hostmonster and bluehost.

Wow, now that I have seen the reviews at webhostingreviews.com (link provided by AquariusADMIN at pg 1), I'm glad I didn't fall for all those review sites when I was signing up for my first web hosts.

Thumbs up justhost.com is a fraud

I'm in the process of choosing a web hosting company. I've also read some of these reviews and these guys were like one of the top 5 on a list I created according to various pros and cons.
    Thanks for helping me out here!

More about justhosts

I went and got myself a really good deal on a web host. JUSTHOSTS.
    I payed with paypal, and got an email from them telling me that I had done something wrong and that I should let them cancel the paypal payment and then go into the registration and re-do it all and pay with my credit card.And they would give me my hosting plan for half price!!(Sound familiar?
    I contacted Paypal and it seems that justhosts are not verified with paypal and that paypal had sent them an 'echeque'which will take a wek to clear.
    If I paid again maybe justhosts would get 2 bites at the cherry!
    I have contacted paypal and at this moment it seems that I have to wait for justhosts to pay back my cheque out of the goodness of their hearts.
    Then I found this forum and read all the previous posts with interest.
    So I have now decided that I will wait and see if I get my hardearned back.
    So next, I decided that as i'm on this forum, maybe they can advise me which hosts to choose from.
    Guess what, I clicked on the 'Find a host' button at the top of the page to find a reputable host...........check out commercial web hosting..........
    Moderator; please take note.
    I believe I have been scammed as do the other guys in this thread, and many others will be if they are not stopped.

Supposedly Killikstoker has a point with the 'Find a Host' option, Click Shared Webhosting and you are greeted with the big and wonderful 'Top 10 Webhosts'.

Sigh away, They are everywhere

Sean
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Quote Originally Posted by usgeex View Post
    this site seems like a big fraud. first of all when you call them, it sounds like they are India but they say they are in USA and they are never in their office. seems like they've redirected those 1800 numbers to their cell phones.

absolute fraud.
    I know of a few windows hosts this could apply too as well

This has been discussed before how they own several pretend review/award top 10 lists and put themselves as the #1 provider on those lists.

Search it up. Good marketing no doubt, seems like that's the only thing they are good at from the reviews being posted here on WebHostingTalk. Perhaps they should start focusing on customer service.

okay , I'll just blacklist this site forever

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali View Post
    This has been discussed before how they own several pretend review/award top 10 lists and put themselves as the #1 provider on those lists.

Search it up. Good marketing no doubt, seems like that's the only thing they are good at from the reviews being posted here on WebHostingTalk. Perhaps they should start focusing on customer service.
    If they didn't provide such shoddy service/support likely nobody would really be complaining about any of this. Oh well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12