Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Cool Microsoft Vista PUBLIC Beta 2

Microsoft has now made Windows Vista Beta Public.

http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm

For those of you having trouble reaching the site, the following links are direct downloads from Microsoft.

Please remember that this is a BETA and you use it at your own risk! This should only be installed on a 2nd PC or a Virtual PC of some kind. It is not recommended you use this as your main system. The file is a DVD ISO and takes up 3.13GB.

Windows Vista 32bit - English
    http://download.windowsvista.com/dl/...FRE_EN_DVD.iso

Windows Vista 64bit - English
    http://download.windowsvista.com/dl/...FRE_EN_DVD.iso

Happy Testing

I spent time reading the rules here and am mostly sure that posting these links should be OK. It is after all a public release. HOWEVER if I am wrong in doing so, please delete this post and forgive my error. I meant no disrespect to the rules and it will not be repeated.
    Last edited by Atlantis Services; 06-08-2006 at 05:07 AM.
    Since April 2001 Atlantis Services - Proudly servicing everyone's web hosting needs!
    Quote: There is no such thing as "The Best" web hosting provider, but rather only what is best for YOU

I got a friend dropping the DVD round to my place tonight so i'll probably install it on my work laptop to atleast make it more pleasant to use since I can't use my Mac

Page is already too busy to access, guess there's no chance for me to find the Japanese version. Thanks for the direct link tot he English DVDs
    Warning: include('signature') [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in eval'd code on line 38
    Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'signature' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in eval'd code on line 38

Thanks for the link to the file I appreciate it. Hopefully it is better then the last few versions I guess MS needs so much help there just going to have the consumer fix there problems

I'm not going to even bother with downloading it. I Downloaded Live Messenger 8 B, Internet Explorer 7 B2 and saw a preview of Microsoft Office 2007 and I don't like any of them.

I've just set it away downloading now, shall be interesting to see what kind of a system it needs to be able to run properly.

It's interesting to note that Internet Explorer seems to think it's downloaded minus 1% of the ISO, yes minus ...

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

Thanks for the link, hopefully I can download it all before my internet cuts out or crashes

Thanks for the direct link. The page is down for me too. When did Vista go public?
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    |||| Top 10 Web Hosts - www.TopHostScout.com
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thanks sooo much! I wanted to get Vista a while ago, but it wasn't open to public (at least legally). The main page WAS down and i am now downloading the 64 bit version. Going pretty fast, and this 4 GB file will be done in about 1 hour. Its at 2% now!

When did it go public? Im guessing recently.
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••
    | | | |**The Top Web Hosts**
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Cheap Hosts Quality Hosts Coupons Save $$$

Here is another link to Microsoft, with some additional information regarding the public beta release.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...y/default.mspx
    James Edmonds
    DataDork Consulting
    http://www.datadork.com

Going to install it when I get back from California.

It makes me wonder if I will see a performance increase downloading the 64 bit of Vista VS the 32 bit XP Pro I have installed right now. I think my poor Athlon 64 is about to kill me!

The important thing though, is it needs to support my RAID drivers for me to beta it... there is no way in hell I am giving up my RAID0.

Vista went public yesterday.

This is a very interesting tactic by Microsoft.

I personally don't plan on downloading Vista beta. Although I have an MSDNA account and have had acccess to Vista for quite some time, I don't see a point to doing it and the computer that that I use for testing can't handle the bloatware that Vista seems to be.

The Microsoft servers are being killed at the moment. I'm downloading at 50kb/s - 100kb/s and my max is 1000kb/s.
    http://www.viperhosting.net
    ViperHosting 2005. The new generation "Excellence doesn't have to be expensive"

Quote Originally Posted by rackley
    The Microsoft servers are being killed at the moment. I'm downloading at 50kb/s - 100kb/s and my max is 1000kb/s.
    I got 8mbit down. Was done in about an hour. - Thats my home 8mbit connection in the UK
    ...loading

I'm getting 800kb/sec download speed right now... -8 % downloaded ... very weird that it's going in negative numbers. First time this has ever happened before.. must be confusing IE since the file is so large.

I downloaded my .iso in a little under 2 hours. I love my cable connection.
    James Edmonds
    DataDork Consulting

MSDN servers are fast,

I have had this for a long time, longhorn server too. IIS7 needs lots of work still

I'm getting it from campus, about 3300Kilobyte per second
    Warning: include('signature') [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in eval'd code on line 38
    Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'signature' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in eval'd code on line 38

Anyone tried in virtual pc 2004?

I'm downloading now to see if it will work...
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hekwu
    Anyone tried in virtual pc 2004?

I'm downloading now to see if it will work...
    I am able to run it on VMware workstation fine.
    James Edmonds
    DataDork Consulting

Not allowing any downloads right now. Too cluttered they say.
    Check Out The Tron ! - The Newest Live Music (and Legal) Tracker On The Net

Quote Originally Posted by diggleblop
    Not allowing any downloads right now. Too cluttered they say.
    try the direct downloads....

Yup, it worked. Thanks buddy !
    Check Out The Tron ! - The Newest Live Music (and Legal) Tracker On The Net

I'm getting it at my max speed here - 300kbps

It'll be done in a couple hours and I'll install it on my extra 1u

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    I'm getting 800kb/sec download speed right now... -8 % downloaded ... very weird that it's going in negative numbers. First time this has ever happened before.. must be confusing IE since the file is so large.
    I had the negative number... now it says 38 minutes until complete... % wise, it is at 235%.... !!!! wow... from negative to high positive...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast