Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

justhost.com is a fraud

this site seems like a big fraud. first of all when you call them, it sounds like they are India but they say they are in USA and they are never in their office. seems like they've redirected those 1800 numbers to their cell phones.

2ndly, on the front page it says $3.95 special promotion and crosses out $6.95 but when you subscribe then the rate is 6.95 not 3.95.

and then seems like they've created this website where they rate web hosting companies and they rated theirs on top and they've a couple more identical hosting companies in that list too. so if you miss one, you don't miss the other. the rating site is called thetop10bestwebhosting.com/ca

check the top 3. They all have 6.95 crossed out and "special" price is 3.95 (not 3.99 or 3.90 or 3.9whatever but 3.95). They all have offices in USA, UK & Australia. and their features are identical.

absolute fraud.

totally fraudulent..

same with justuptime.com

Quote Originally Posted by wiredhosting View Post
    totally fraudulent..

same with justuptime.com
    JustUptime redirects to Justhost.com

JustHost seems to have some serious advertising $$ as they as at the very top of quite a few "web hosting review sites such as http://www.webhostingstuff.com/, ect. Note: These are paid review sites, no actually based on user experience. Does JustHost even deliver a service once you pay?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...light=justhost
    http://www.webhostingreviews.com/just-host-reviews.htm

really..??

RRRReally!

but i can see they offer $3.95 if you choose billing 36 month..yes but not sure about office location

Quote Originally Posted by overlineindia View Post
    but i can see they offer $3.95 if you choose billing 36 month..yes but not sure about office location
    That's the way people tend to do it, they put up $3.95 if you pay annualy etc. and gradually higher the price if you pay monthly

Well they are:

" A BBB Accredited business since 03/23/2009 "
    so if they have done anything wrong, report them to BBB

otherwise is it 'good form' to bad mouth them here on WHT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-de-vie View Post
    Well they are:

its quiet ethical to bad mouth a company not an individual!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-de-vie View Post
    Well they are:

Good point, I think it's best to take it with the BBB if there are any issues, especially if they're accredited business of BBB

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Thumbs up justhost.com is a fraud

I'm in the process of choosing a web hosting company. I've also read some of these reviews and these guys were like one of the top 5 on a list I created according to various pros and cons.
    Thanks for helping me out here!

I wouldn't call them a fraud as they technically do host websites if you pay them.

They seem like a team of advertising majors running a hosting business. Silly I know, but all their fake review sites are quite effective in fooling unsuspecting customers since they've been up running for a year now ?

Try asking their livechat with the simplest technical question and you'll get booted off. Amazing bunch really.

Quote Originally Posted by Zsev View Post
    I wouldn't call them a fraud as they technically do host websites if you pay them.

They seem like a team of advertising majors running a hosting business. Silly I know, but all their fake review sites are quite effective in fooling unsuspecting customers since they've been up running for a year now ?

Try asking their livechat with the simplest technical question and you'll get booted off. Amazing bunch really.
    I think this is an amazing summary of the provider JustHost . They know how to market, that is for sure.

True, they are fruad.

I signed up with them. I have sent cancellation request to them but no response.

The bad news is i signed up via credit card.

and then seems like they've created this website where they rate web hosting companies and they rated theirs on top
    besthosts2008.com and besthosts2009.com are interesting too.

like others said, there is no fraud going on. Just maybe a "scam"
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

i will advice not to go to BBB unless you are 100% sure that they are fraud -- If not, then you will find yourself in unnecessary trouble..

You should go through the terms & conditions on their website to see if they have violated anything -- If not, then you stand no chance to claim for what you are badmouthing abt them -- They can sue you off very quickly as well......This is my personal opinion.

Who are these people then:

http://www.justhost.com/staff

It is true though that justuptime used to have a site of its own. Wonder if they folded that after the last debacle. That server was around Seattle somewhere. The current trace shows Chicago.
    Last edited by plumsauce; 05-31-2009 at 11:23 PM.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

i will advice not to go to BBB unless you are 100% sure that they are fraud -- If not, then you will find yourself in unnecessary trouble..
    The BBB is nothing to be scared of. Sadly, this goes true for the providers as well.

Sounds like most businesses they con you with the advertisement of one price only to give you another. Like they said you can get the price they mention but they forgot to add that bit about it being an annual subscription to their hosting. Almost as honest and giving everyone .10% off on hosting hoping they don't realize that is really a tenth of a percent.
    Cut Above Host Click Here To Visit
    24/7 Support/99.9% uptime/ Paypal accepted/ » Established in 1999«
    Cloud Servers • Reseller Hosting • Shared Hosting • 3+ Locations Available
    * Softaculous * Site Builder * End User Support

Yes they know how to market. They say that Justhost hosts over 50.000 web sites, and they achieved that in less than 8 months!?!?
    Affiliate, Affiliate, Affiliate!

And their 2 hosting plans do not make sense. It is cheaper to buy first web hosting plan and +2 domains at, for example GoDaddy, than to buy JusHost premium plan where you get 3 free for life domains!

They are all over adwords. Lots of money being spent on marketing!

I am not sure if it is right to call them fraud . But it is a truth that in most of the Top Ten Host listings they are included . Also WHT has a couple of threads with some thing related to this. Most of the experienced members gives the advice to avoid the top ten review sites just because of this.

The sad thing is, there doesn't seem to be any first line defence to warn new host seekers against scammers like JustHost. I myself didn't find out about WHT until I got cheated TWICE by such terrible hosts!

You have to applaud their business model though,

1. Spend $$$$ on advertising
    2. Trick people into signing up.
    3. Suspend accounts but keep customer's money.
    4. Ignore refund requests.
    5. Channel money into more advertising.

Would Google take action on their network of fake review sites if we report them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zsev View Post
    You have to applaud their business model though,

1. Spend $$$$ on advertising
    2. Trick people into signing up.
    3. Suspend accounts but keep customer's money.
    4. Ignore refund requests.
    5. Channel money into more advertising.
    I'm gonna check if they've patented this wicked businessplan. If not, then I'm gonna.

Seriously though, if the OP had stated "they tricked me" or "didn't give me the refunded I am entitled to" then I'd side with him until justhost sorted it out.

But it's crap when someone just comes in here to slate a company they've not used or been defrauded out of money with or had any contact with at all.

Where does it stop. Justhosts today....HGator tomorrow. DTH next week....Dreamhost....Wethost....HostWithHugeNads. rofl

Sure, if people have a problem with a host they signed upto, then by all means call them whatever you like....but until then, who's the bigger scammer?

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 06-01-2009 at 03:02 PM.
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast