Thread: akashik?

akashik?

I keep wondering about whats the meaning of akashik? Is it some technical term or word from another language?

well the word akash (my name) means "sky" in Gujarati, which is a language of western india

edit: because i know there are some of you out there who have problems with south east asianers, i was born and raised in the US

kewl and ik stands for?

Edit : I dont have any problems with south asians cuz i am a south asian myself. lol

i dunno.....best to ask greg that one

I'm relatively certain that akashik did not choose that name because of the sky.
    I know he told the story once. But, I'm too lazy to look for it.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

lol

Thumbs up

Hello Akash,

Well first of all I would have to say that is a great name and one to be very proud of (that from an American WASP)!!

Secondly, if there is a story, then please tell it.

Finally if there are some here that have a problem with anyone's skin color or ethnic background then let them find another board! In the short time that I have been surfing this board I have found your post's to be very informative and it also seems that you have a good eye for details.

Cheers!

Originally posted by MMemmer
    Hello Akash,

Well first of all I would have to say that is a great name and one to be very proud of (that from an American WASP)!!

Secondly, if there is a story, then please tell it.

Finally if there are some here that have a problem with anyone's skin color or ethnic background then let them find another board! In the short time that I have been surfing this board I have found your post's to be very informative and it also seems that you have a good eye for details.

Cheers!

thank's for the comments mark made my day....but i've been seeing in increasing number of posts (not just here at WHT) about people saying things like "oh those damn indians dont know how to provide decent support" (from one recent thread) ...when they generalize they make fools of themselves

btw, i searched and searched but can't find the thread SWR is talking about....we'll just have to wait till greg gets on tonite

Originally posted by akash
    . . . . . . i searched and searched but can't find the thread . . . . .
    LOL . . . . . I knew you would. But Greg has over 3,000 posts. It's kinda like trying to find a specific one of Chickens'. But, I think the search function is still messed up here.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    LOL . . . . . I knew you would. But Greg has over 3,000 posts. It's kinda like trying to find a specific one of Chickens'. But, I think the search function is still messed up here.

have i gotten that predictable??? watch...i'll find it...

greg: dont post the meaning for another 20-30 minutes!

uhh ok..

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Actually I will post a definition as I have a good one

The Akashic record is an imagined spiritual realm, supposedly holding a record of all events, actions, thoughts and feelings that have ever occurred or will ever occur. Theosophists believe that the Akasha is an "astral light" containing occult records which spiritual beings can perceive by their special "astral senses" and "astral bodies". Clairvoyance, spiritual insight, prophecy and many other untestable metaphysical and religious notions are made possible by tapping into the Akasha.
    About 6 years ago it was just a cool thing to call myself, but it morphed into a business name as it has parallels with the Internet (don't you think?). Well minus the metaphysical aspect at any rate. Since then it's grown into what it is today.

The problem with it occurs when I try say it over the phone or to people in the real world. I usually just spell it to them

FYI: it's pronounced 'Ah-cash-ick' rather than 'Akka-shik'

Sorry if you spent much time looking for that old post

Greg Moore

incidently if you google for akashic - the proper spelling you'll find more than a few screwballs out there

Cool

Hey, don't sweat the small minded people, you seem to be better than that.

I love my country but unfortunately many from here in the USA lead a sheltered life when it comes to having a very comprehesive understanding of a cosmopolitain community. Not to say it is all us either, I notice alot of people from all walks of life who appear to walk through life with blinders on!

Have a great weekend, MuHaHa, mine is just starting!!
    (Please don't ask me what I just said but it sure sounded exciting didn't it).

Originally posted by akashik
    Actually I will post a definition as I have a good one

About 6 years ago it was just a cool thing to call myself, but it morphed into a business name as it has parallels with the Internet (don't you think?). Well minus the metaphysical aspect at any rate. Since then it's grown into what it is today.

The problem with it occurs when I try say it over the phone or to people in the real world. I usually just spell it to them

FYI: it's pronounced 'Ah-cash-ick' rather than 'Akka-shik'

Sorry if you spent much time looking for that old post

Greg Moore

I just found it:

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...301#post178301

...i think thats the one

impressed - that's a year old. Told you the definition above was better.

Greg Moore

Close enough. But I like the one he posted here.

You're just too slow, akash.

Well, gotta give ya kudos for diggin through all that though.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Close enough. But I like the one he posted here.

You're just too slow, akash.

Well, gotta give ya kudos for diggin through all that though.
    if i didnt stop to answer that phone call i woulda found it sooner

but ya....im good like that

Originally posted by akash

thank's for the comments mark made my day....but i've been seeing in increasing number of posts (not just here at WHT) about people saying things like "oh those damn indians dont know how to provide decent support" (from one recent thread) ...

lol im an indian navajo born and navajo raised ...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com