Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* GearHost Reviews

Hi,

I'm starting to like GearHost's offers and I'm thinking about subscribing to their services.

Has anyone ever dealt with them? I can't find many reviews even since they are established since 2000...

Thank you very much!

I found those but they are all VERY outdated! Look at the dates:

01-28-03, 11:26 AM
    01-14-03, 12:04 AM
    08-09-02, 01:19 PM

There is no recent ones and I find that weird... Thanks anyways!

There are a lot more recent reviews online by going to popular review sites such as SitePoint, Microsoft, Yelp, etc.
    Ryan Kekos GearHost - HostingCon Advisory Board and Speaker
    PaaS Cloud for .NET and PHP Developers
    100% real cloud - all apps/sites live in web farm clusters, all SSD, etc.
    Signup for 100 Domains & 100 Databases - No credit card required

You can check my quick overview review here:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...5&postcount=15

GearHost is terrible... don't do it... I see they are trying to make it back on WHT... I won't allow it.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

LOL?! What are you talking about? Over ten years I've been with quite a lot of good hosting companies, but none so far have given me better support and flexibility.

Maybe in the past they went through tough time, I don't know. But today is today and all I can say about RIGHT NOW is: THEY ARE AMAZING! /topic

Quote Originally Posted by tompouk View Post
    LOL?! What are you talking about? Over ten years I've been with quite a lot of good hosting companies, but none so far have given me better support and flexibility.

Maybe in the past they went through tough time, I don't know. But today is today and all I can say about RIGHT NOW is: THEY ARE AMAZING! /topic
    Not sure whether are you checking about them or telling us how they are doing... You started this topic and now you are telling every one that they are great

Quote Originally Posted by hekwu View Post
    I won't allow it.
    Go ahead. Post away with your rants. It won't stop our growth and success. You can feel free to watch us grow if you like however.

Our offer still stands to give you free lifetime hosting to fix whatever we did wrong. I'm sure you post something to the effect that you wouldn't take it because you hate us so much but regardless we're all about making things right. If your willing.
    Last edited by RyanK; 11-22-2011 at 01:04 AM.

And you base this on what?? One week of service??
    Cloudstra - Join the cloud revolution!
    Provider of SSD powered Clouds! Visit our Facebook page for discounts!
    Full redundancy | Auto-failover | Enterprise Hardware | Instant scalability
    8 Cloud locations: Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Sydney & Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudstra View Post
    Well we launched our cloud services about 10 months ago and we were private for about 2 months before going public. We run the latest versions of software and patch our equipment within 48 hours of release to allow for testing. Because of the redundancy there is no downtime.

We're not immune to server issues. They happen all the time. We have 3 servers crash a few days ago but the fact that everything is resilient to problems like that is what provides the 100% uptime. In that particular case there was a lag for a second before the other nodes picked it up and everything switched over. Sessions are sticky etc. No problems. Same goes for server updates, reboots, resets etc. We do these all the time but we're setup in a way customers don't see the downtime.

We're not your traditional host.
    Last edited by RyanK; 11-22-2011 at 02:59 PM.

You can check my quick overview review here:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...5&postcount=15
    Thanks for the great review!

Yes based on a week usage, so what?

I'll update as I experience, but so far so good, is that wrong?

I talk for myself: I get the best service there is out there and I'm REALLY happy with it. Be jealous if you want :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
    Our offer still stands to give you free lifetime hosting to fix whatever we did wrong.
    Problem solved ... I will gladly accept your offer of a free lifetime hosting if this guy doesn't and I will share my true experience with everyone possible. If you are willing to stand behind your service like that, there's a reason for it ... now if only I had the Bugatti to go along with the Hosting service I can't believe someone is so wounded and traumatized from a business experience that they wouldn't take up an offer like that.

Yes I did sign up just to get a crack at a lifetime hosting gig. I am trying to find a decent host for a decent price and so far GearHost has been the most willing to help me with my needs and most knowledgeable in their services. ... so how about that hook up for a host Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
    Well we launched our cloud services about 10 months ago and we were private for about 2 months before going public. We run the latest versions of software and patch our equipment within 48 hours of release to allow for testing. Because of the redundancy there is no downtime.

We're not immune to server issues. They happen all the time. We have 3 servers crash a few days ago but the fact that everything is resilient to problems like that is what provides the 100% uptime. In that particular case there was a lag for a second before the other nodes picked it up and everything switched over. Sessions are sticky etc. No problems. Same goes for server updates, reboots, resets etc. We do these all the time but we're setup in a way customers don't see the downtime.

We're not your traditional host.
    Sorry, I wasn't referring to you but your client.
    Cloudstra - Join the cloud revolution!
    Provider of SSD powered Clouds! Visit our Facebook page for discounts!
    Full redundancy | Auto-failover | Enterprise Hardware | Instant scalability
    8 Cloud locations: Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Sydney & Singapore

Yes based on a week usage, so what?

I'll update as I experience, but so far so good, is that wrong?
    Nothing wrong there. You can share your experience. But with any host, 1 week time is not enough to judge completely. I would like to take it as initial impressions and glad to hear that you are really happy.

I talk for myself: I get the best service there is out there and I'm REALLY happy with it. Be jealous if you want :-)
    No one is jealous mate. We love to hear positive reviews.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you but your client.
    Sorry about that . I tried to delete the post like an hour after I wrote it to find out you can't edit past a certain time.

I tried their service a little while back, i wasnt too satisfied, there are better ones out there.

Quote Originally Posted by linkmaster82 View Post
    I tried their service a little while back...
    When was a little while back? We launch CloudSites™ v2 on Sep 30th which is much different than what you probably had.

How long till RackSpace hits you with a lawsuit for using the term CloudSites? They hit me with a request pretty quick.
    PRESSD - Dynamic WordPress Hosting v2 is in BETA status, set to launch 1st q 2019.
    PRESSD is an OKTANE.COMPANY

Interesting post I found

This is an interesting review I found. I don't know how happy you are with GearHost after 5 months now, but just wanted to give you another perspective from someone else.

For the record, I am not the original author of the review, just passing it along to help you on your question.

On Jan 1, 2012:

"I hosted with Gearhost for about 8 years, most of those years I've leased a dedicated server. Over time, customer service has been problematic, but whenever I complained, it was always turned on me as being the problem.

This month I was unable to connect to my server by remote, ftp or through Dreamweaver's Ftp. I called, something I avoid since I've been labeled the "problem" more than once, after 45 minutes and several attempts.

The customer service rep and I disagreed about his changing my password - something I begged him not to do. Eventually I called Ryan Kebos to complain about this. Once again Kebos labeled me as the problem and told me my dedicated server would be terminated with less than 7 days warning. I reminded Kebos he was required contractually to give a 30 day warning. He didn't immediately back down.

Later Kebos sent me an email saying my service would be terminated on 01/01/2012 and I would be refunded a prorated amount of my prepayment. I said fine and notified Kebos I'd be off the server by 12/24/2011. Kebos then retracts his commitment to refund my prepayment and indicates my contract with Gearhost will continue until due in March.

Now Kebos refuses to return my prepayment even though He broke any contract between us once he verbally threatened me, followed by his email terminating my service. "

I did not have so great results at GearHost so I requested a refund after two weeks or so. I still have yet to get that refund requested over a month ago. Now I dont even get responses when I try to contact them. I learned my lesson....

Angry Dont do it

I normally don't write reviews, but I want to join in that Gearhost is not a reliable host!
    Initial support is great, but as soon as it gets a bit more technical or, as in my case, the problem turns out to be on their end nothing happens!
    I ended up canceling my subscription and was promised a return on the unspent months. I have yet to receive any money back, I have yet to hear back from them and several attempts at getting an explanation has been in vain.

Just don't do it, there are plenty of other hosting companies out there.

@rebeldk - boy that sounds exactly like what I went thru. I am back at hostgator again. I have been with them for a long time. While I wish they would offer some more new services, the ones I do have with them seem to run fine. No real issues with them and they answer the phone. I guess I should be happy.

I used Gearhost for a short time and never had any real issues. When you have thousands of customers its hard to satisfy everyone. Bad thing is usually the ones who did not have a good experience speak up more often.
    https://zuziko.com Learn WordPress and Web Development

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast