What is ACU and how does that corolate to monthly visits?

Hi everyone,

I know ACU means Average Concurrent Users, however how do I correlate that to monthly visits?

If I have 30,000 - 40,000 ACU what is that monthly? How much would that cost for hosting?

If I have $50,000 dollars in hosting fees a month for a very bandwidth heavy, adobe flash games, video chats etc going on my website, how many people would that be able to cover?

$50,000 is a bit steep for a website like that.

I could get a full rack with Level3 and a 1000mbit connection for about $8500/month, and that could easily handle what you're talking about. Probably, 10 times over too.

$50,000 per month is also more expensive than a 10G internet connection.

I'm not sure where you're paying $50K/month, but that's definitely a bit on the steep side for a flash video website.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

You need to convert the ACU value into metrics that the rest of the hosting industry uses. How much bandwidth does each user use per second and per visit? How CPU intensive (server side CPU not client) are the hits? If each user requires a lot of CPU time and memory usage on the server side, that will limit how much the project can scale within given hardware. But if the site is purely static flash files, then CPU and memory usage will not be an issue. The issue would be about bandwidth per second.

As a general rule, you can do a lot with $50k per month. You would need to decide if the site was more bandwidth intensive or more CPU intensive to make sure you focus the money on the correct resources.
    No Support Linux Hosting Bargain cPanel Hosting Experts Only
    We IGNORE the support questions, and pass the SAVINGS on to YOU!
    We also ignore questions about VPS Hosting

You should have some other stats programs on your site that tell you how much bandwidth you're using per day/week/month, what your most bandwidth consuming items are, etc.. Check if you have Awstats or some other web stat system installed via your hosting control panel. If not get one and/or install google analytics.

You might see where you can streamline things without annoying your users.

Without seeing your site and all it does it's hard to say if you're over paying for hosting or not but it's worth looking into.
    "People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel. So smile!"
    It's like I was born slow or something. Mock me if you will; I finally got internet fax and I've joined this century. If you get a quick reply from me via a fax, it's because I used my smart phone, not because I'm working hard.