Thumbs up iMountain.com 6 Month and 1 Day Review

I am writing this just over one day late, but yesterday was my 6 month anniversary hosting at iMountain.com, so let's give a quick run down of the changes and updates since my last review (need to get some sleep, I've been up for 28 hours as of the time of this post):

THE GOOD:

1. Their servers continue to fly along.
    2. The mySQL move finally happened, things on that end are much better now.
    3. I got some free site publicity from them on my ontarioweatherservice.com site that I help my friend run. (Go to imountain.com and click on Blog at the top to see our website review that they did on us)
    4. I think their support staff are the nicest team I have ever worked with. Even if they don't give out their real names. (Sorry, had to jab that in there)

THE BAD:

1. One mySQL server crash.
    2. They deleted my account and lost the backup. Just joking.

THE UGLY:

1. They use hSphere (aka to me as Crapsphere).

That's about it, I might add more to it soon.

Thanks for the review. Seems like you've had a good time on the mountain.

cris
    Last edited by crinner; 02-07-2008 at 01:51 AM.
    I've been using HostGator for 38 months.. and it's been awesome.
    Get The Maximum HostGator Discount With These HostGator Coupons!

I agree about H-Sphere - I initially thought it was OK, although some of the menu options took a bit of finding (CRON setup is under "FTP User", for example). But the more I use it the more I realise it's full of nasty bugs.
    Phil McKerracher
    I do server maintenance and troubleshooting

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Phil McKerracher View Post
    I agree about H-Sphere - I initially thought it was OK, although some of the menu options took a bit of finding (CRON setup is under "FTP User", for example). But the more I use it the more I realise it's full of nasty bugs.
    I do agree about the menu options. It took me some time to find the crontab, the MySQL database wizard was confusing at first, I had a hard time finding out how to run backups, so on and so forth. To me, everything was a lot more straightforward with cPanel. But I'm over my learning curve now mostly, so it's not as bad as it once was.