Wireless Network

Hello,

I want your help and you recommedation on how to make this connection.
    I have a network connection in my office which I want to share with my home. The distance between those is less than 1km but there are a couple of buildings between so direct connection will be not that functional. Is there any wireless adaptor or whatever that I could use in order to find networks witheen that range? If yes what would be the cheapest way to do this? Note that speed doesnt matter a lot. My connection is 24mbps but I could work with 1-2mbps. Also the router that my office has is nothing important. Just a simple wireless router.

Any help would be nice.
    Thanks in advance.

olgaki, would you be able to further specify the exact range? As the only idea that has come to my mind immediately would be the implementation of a Wireless Extender. Just remember, these products were designed to increase connectivity within your own home or office. Not transfer a wireless signal from say your office, through the city and to your home.

Yeah I know but I ve heard about several products that have ranges 1-5km. This range is less than 1km (about 500-700m). But there are couple of buildings between them. So lets say that the range is 700m and there are 100m walls between.

Also recently a friend of mine bought a wirelless router that has an antena also that has a range more than 2km, it was a dlink (i dont remember the model) and it cost about 60euro. Thats why I ve made this though.

to broadcast a signal, u need a router and an antenna, the router will direct the signal, and the antenna will receive. the gadgets may be costly for just that use, why not use a modem at home

If you can afford you can go for the same device or a cheaper one that your friend has bought. There are some devices like SENAO that can be used in your case.

I think that would be not successful, normally wireless connections have not more than 100m range. It would be much expensive to purchase a broadcaster, its better if you can setup a new network connection for home use separately.

I think you should get an WiFi connection in 1 km..With this you can connect anywhere within 1 km which is the distance of your office and home..You can use net anywhere within the range..