Need mail setup on CentOS 4.4

Ok, I have had a couple of guys bungling my email service on my fairly new server from SoftLayer. Now I need someone who knows what they are doing to hammer this out and get it working - unlike the service I tried to hire previously.

What I want:

I want email. I want to receive email and I want my websites to be able to send email. After I receive email, I want to be able to read it. I want to login securely. This shouldn't be fairly easy. I need this done yesterday.

Suggestions:

Everyone seems to think Postfix is a good solution, so I have no problem w/ that being installed (or in my case just configured properly as it was already installed). I do not think I want to involve mysql here because I don't want to take any RAM or MySQL resources away from my websites. A web-based CP that configures new addresses, aliases, mailboxes, domains would be nice if a simple solution exists. Anti-Spam features would be nice, but I don't want to hand over resources to SpamAssassin.

When you are done - everything should work. That means my server should be accepting mail, sending mail, and I should be able to read my mail through my client of choice using SSL.

Can someone handle this in a concise and timely manner?

So this is a Postfix MTA correct? Send an email to sales@firmbit.com

Postfix

I can do it. Do you have Yahoo/AIM/MSN ?

Check out qmailrocks.org pretty straightforward and a good solution

Hello,
    I could help you, try IM on the fallowing instant messengers :
    Yahoo: ssh_bash_history
    AIM: olteanuemanuel
    msn : olteanu.emi@gmail.com
    Best Regards

Hello,

We setup UNIX/Linux based mail servers for all tiers of industries. We have a package suitable for you starts at 99.99 USD and comes with a month support free.

This package suitable for low traffic, low volume and optimal for 1-30 user accounts. This mail server is specialized to be used with a web server hosted within the same box and handles the web site emails very efficiently. Web servers often become easy target for spammers and eventually cause your mail server used for the web server to be black listed. This service comes with extra measures for spam detection to prevent such incidents. The CPU and Memory footprint used for the entire package is very minimal making more room for your web server.

Some standard features are:
    Spam Filetering (With spam folder per account or domain)
    Virus Filtering
    Secured Web interface for send/receive email
    Secured Admin interface
    Monitoring Email/Web and other services

Typical installation time is 4-6 hours, which may vary based on customer requirement.

Please contact bids@droshta.com in you require an official quote.
    Last edited by bear; 02-08-2008 at 04:21 PM.