Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I used the original script in the beginning of the post on a cpanel 11 box and the only error i got is the error below. Any suggestion?

Please wait...

cp: missing destination file operand after `/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/plugins/login_auth'
    Try `cp --help' for more information.
    nutsmail.sh: line 32: /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/nutsmail/plugins/login_auth: No such file or directory
    sed: -e expression #1, char 158: unknown option to `s'

Installation finished!
    No, i am not the guy from the simpson's, what's his name again?

Quote Originally Posted by orlando_myers View Post
    nutsmail.sh: line 32: /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/nutsmail/plugins/login_auth: No such file or directory
    Ah, I remember someone else had this problem... I'm not sure if it was cPanel or NutsMail who made the change of removing login_auth...

1 minute while I grab login_auth and put it on a website, along with instructions on how to install it.

thanks very much Pat H, await your respond

Alright, try this:

cd /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/plugins
    wget http://www.failover.ca/login_auth.zip
    unzip login_auth.zip
    Then try to access SquirrelMail from cPanel, just to see if it's working... if it's not, I have another fix that will (hopefully) get it working in one go.

this is weird. How is it possible that root have no permission on the plugins folder i am trying to wget the file but getting permission deny

[root@server plugins]# wget http://www.failover.ca/login_auth.zip
    --23:31:59-- http://www.failover.ca/login_auth.zip
    Resolving www.failover.ca... 72.9.158.201
    Connecting to www.failover.ca|72.9.158.201|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 11672 (11K) [application/zip]
    login_auth.zip: Permission denied

Cannot write to `login_auth.zip' (Permission denied).

Don't think this is permission issue on my server because it appear permissions are set properly though i may be missing something please advice.
    Last edited by orlando_myers; 10-23-2007 at 12:39 AM. Reason: added last 2 line

so basically the whole problem is login_auth seem its not there at all

Cannot write to `login_auth.zip' (Permission denied).
    Ah right, the shell script chattrs the directory to prevent cPanel from overwriting it during routine updates.

Try this:

chattr -R -i /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/

cd /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/plugins
    wget http://www.failover.ca/login_auth.zip
    unzip login_auth.zip
    Yeah, the login_auth module missing from the latest versions of NutsMail appears to be the problem here... I'll have to redo the shell script to download it, or at least ask the NutsMail team to put it back. It's essential to how everything operates with the cPanel integration.

I take it i need to turn on back the chattr on the directory so i am doing that

Ok now seem i dont have to login twice now thats good, when i click the squirrel mail then nuts mail comes up.

Here are the things i am wondering though, are there any interesting modules thats not installed by default thats good. Also anyway to have just the squirrel mail login and not the horde and squirrel mail also anyway to just go to www.domain.com/webmail and just get the nutsmail login

Ok now seem i dont have to login twice now thats good, when i click the squirrel mail then nuts mail comes up.

Here are the things i am wondering though, are there any interesting modules thats not installed by default thats good. Also anyway to have just the squirrel mail login and not the horde and squirrel mail also anyway to just go to www.domain.com/webmail and just get the nutsmail login
    I don't know of any "interesting" plugins off hand as most clients are pleased with what NutsMail comes bundled with. If you take a look at the following link, you can see what is available:

http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugins.php

Keep in mind that some of these plugins are old and no longer working, and some could be very tricky to install. SquirrelMail, while widely used around the world, could use some 'freshness' and new additions...

As for your second question, yes if you install NutsMail under one of your websites and configure it via the default NutsMail instructions, you can access it via a specific URL. I don't believe /webmail or /mail will work, as that is global to Apache because of cPanel... but you could call it something else.

One more thing, in order to prevent cPanel from overwriting your NutsMail installation run the following:

chattr -R +i /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/

Anyway to login straight through the nutsmail login instead of going through the cpanel and selecting squirrel mail. Also anyway to login with only username and not username@domain.com

Anyway to login straight through the nutsmail login instead of going through the cpanel and selecting squirrel mail. Also anyway to login with only username and not username@domain.com
    Do you want everyone to access NutsMail through one website, or all the websites on the server, while still bypassing cPanel?

Hi, for me the WYSIWG editor is not working with cpanel 11, everything else is working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by blacke28 View Post
    Hi, for me the WYSIWG editor is not working with cpanel 11, everything else is working fine.
    It's working now...

Hi -

I just wanted to say that I was able to follow the instructions here and get everything working perfectly with cPanel 11. I purchased the x-Graphite skin with server installation, but I never heard back from them about the install and decided to just do it myself.

Your instructions were very easy to understand for someone who knows next to nothing about interfacing with the server via command prompt. Once I actually got up the nerve to try, it took less than a minute to install and confirm working. The only part I got confused about was where I should put the nutsmail.sh file...but I just uploaded it to the same location as the skin archive and modified the path from your instructions for calling the file.

To work around the problem of their new skins not having the login_auth plugin, I just added it to the skin archive within the plugin directory before uploading/installing (thanks for providing that login_auth.zip file).

Anyways, I just wanted to how much I appreciate you posting this info. I was getting impatient waiting for them to install it for me and it was much easier than I thought it would be.

I also bought Nutsmail, but one thing I found is that you can only use one them, if it is installed globally on a VPS and a resaler wants their own graphic on the login page can this be done? or does it only use the main graphic that is assigned in the setup file when you first set it up, the only way I saw around this is installation per domain. Like with RVSkin, a reseller ABC Company can have their name in there and their own headers, and all their clients see ABC Company , but ABC could be obtaining reseller services from XYZ thanks in advance for any help with this

Tom

Im scared of doing this all over again. Had past issues..and had major headaches..>I would be extremely happy if someone can have the first post of the thread totally updated with the entire step by step process, a small FAQ / troubleshooting guide or something or just start a new POST called "Updated" and explain everything since the first thread/post is really old.

Quote Originally Posted by fremont View Post
    Im scared of doing this all over again. Had past issues..and had major headaches..>I would be extremely happy if someone can have the first post of the thread totally updated with the entire step by step process, a small FAQ / troubleshooting guide or something or just start a new POST called "Updated" and explain everything since the first thread/post is really old.
    I understand your concern. I'd purchased one of their older skins a couple of years back and tried installing on a client site (not globally), it ended up overloading the server so my hosting provider had to disable it.

Now I have a dedicated server and was hopeful that their newer skins were coded better.

The instructions at the beginning of this post were last updated in August 2007, so they're pretty recent. Originally I think the post contained an alternate set of instructions for installing Nutsmail side-by-side SquirrelMail (instead of an outright replacement). He states in one of the threads that those instructions were removed because it was buggy and too many people were having problems.

After reading through this entire thread, these are the exact steps I took to replace SquirrelMail with Nutsmail (written for people, like me, who know nothing about shell scripts, SSH or command line administration):

1. Purchased & downloaded Nutsmail x-Graphite skin
    (My exact file was 1.4.11_NM-10.X_Graphite.tgz)

2. Downloaded Pat H's login_auth.zip
    (needed because the newer nutsmail skins is missing this plugin)

3. Unzipped login_auth.zip, which gives you the login_auth folder & files

4. Used 7-zip to open my 1.4.11_NM-10.X_Graphite.tgz archive, browsed to the nutsmail plugins folder and simply drag/dropped the login_auth folder to it
    (this adds it to the archive .tgz file)

5. Copied the entire contents of Pat H's shell script at the start of this thread and pasted it into a text file that I renamed to nutsmail.sh

6. Uploaded the 1.4.11_NM-10.X_Graphite.tgz and newly created nutsmail.sh to the server using CuteFTP Pro connected via SHH2. I placed it in /home , but I don't think it matters as long as you know the path.

7. Connected to my server vis SSH using the PuTTy client

8. After logging in, entered:
    cp /usr/local/cpanel/base/webmaillogin.cgi /usr/local/cpanel/base/webmaillogin.cgi.bak
    (this creates a backup of your webmaillogin.cgi file)

9. Next, I entered:
    sh /home/nutsmail.sh
    (this calls the .sh file. Modify the /home/ path if you put it somewhere else)

10. When prompted to enter the location of the nutsmail file, I entered:
    /home/1.4.11_NM-10.X_Graphite.tgz and hit enter
    (modify the name of the .tgz to whatever skin version you have. If you're smarter than me, you'll rename it to something easier to remember before uploading)

11. It will run through unpacking & installing the Nutsmail skin. When finished, a confirmation message appears.

That was it. Afterwards, I logged into cPanel and accessed SquirrelMail to ensure it was working.

I imagine it depends on your particular server setup, but I didn't receive any errors or experience any issues following the steps above. I have a CentOS 4.3 system running a standard installation of WHM/cPanel 11 that was setup for me by Platinum Server Management.

When I go to cPanel's webmail area, I still see the regular squirrelMail webmail icon - but it opens to the Nutsmail theme when I click on it, which is all I wanted. The nutsmail skin looks a million times better than the default SquirrelMail.

Quote Originally Posted by tarzanna View Post
    When I go to cPanel's webmail area, I still see the regular squirrelMail webmail icon - but it opens to the Nutsmail theme when I click on it, which is all I wanted. The nutsmail skin looks a million times better than the default SquirrelMail.
    Thank you for your kind words, earlier in this thread.

I've been pretty busy lately, but I hope to have the shell script updated as soon as possible to make it more user friendly. For the most part everything works, but it has to run 100% correctly the first time or it could cause problems which is something the update will address.

Just one thing, if you want to prevent cPanel from overwriting NutsMail with the original SquirrelMail run the following:

chattr -R +i /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/

That will prevent any changes to the squirrelmail (NutsMail) directory during nightly cPanel updates, and in the event that you need to reverse that command just run the following:

chattr -R -i /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/

Excellent Work!!

I am an total Newbie when it comes to cPanel and this HOWTO really helped to make short work of what appeared at first glance to be a monumental project. Hats off to Pat H.

You wouldn't happen to have a similiar tutorial available for Roundcube?

There is a pretty thorough one on roundcube here
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Quote Originally Posted by BonsaiRack View Post
    I have found the solution to my login problem.

I copied /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail.cpanel/plugins/login_auth/

to

/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/plugins/

And it is now login without asking twice for identification.
    Hi Bonsai,
    I just installed NutsMail serverwide on a Cpanel 11 server and it's working fine. However, I get prompted to login twice. I do not see the path you have mentioned above. /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail.cpanel/plugins/login_auth/

My OS is CentOS 4.5. Any Suggestions to prevent this annoying multiple logins? Thanks in advance!

Robby

Hi BonsaiRack,
    OK. I have copied the files by using the command

cp -r /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail.old/plugins/login_auth/* /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/plugins/

But I still get prompted to login twice.

My OS is CentOS 4.5. Any Suggestions to prevent this annoying multiple logins? Thanks in advance!

Robby

Quote Originally Posted by netbasiks View Post

Robby
    Download:
    http://www.failover.ca/login_auth.zip

Extract login_auth.zip to:
    /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/plugins

If that doesn't work, run the following and post the output here:

ls -la /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/plugins/login_auth

The plugin that is included with the Nutsmail package is called login_auto and not login_auth is this the cause of these problems with dual login. If so can one just rename login_auto to login_auth?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast