* Shared hosting or VPS?

Hello everyone,

I am going to develop a classified site using word press.
    one of my friend told me that VPS hosting will be required for such type of sites. I have already bought shared hosting for site.
    please suggest what to.i am low on budget.

Because, It will be a new site, there should be no problem at least at the beginning to host your site with a shared hosting provider.

When your site grows and can't fit in a shared hosting environment, your provider will automatically notify you to upgrade.
    ►ExpertWebHost.NET- Instant reliable hosting since 2008+
    ►Quality Shared, Reseller, SEO and VPS hosting
    ►Choose to host from US/Uk/Canada/Singapore/Netherlands/Australia - 10 locations

I agree with expertwebhostnet I think starting out you should be fine with a shared plan. Maybe try to find a company that offers both shared and vps then they can assist you in upgrading your account at no cost.
    ¦ Ernie - ColoCrossing by HostPapa | Enterprise Colocation and Baremetal Services
    ¦ Colocation | Dedicated Servers | Private Cloud | Managed Services | IP Transit
    ¦ Buffalo, NY | Los Angeles | Atlanta | Chicago | Dallas | Atlanta | San Jose | Seattle
    ¦ Equick @ colocrossing.com

Can you please tell us what is your budget?
    LVPSHosting.com|Virtual Private Servers|Dedicated Servers|
    Managed Hosting Solution|24/7/365 Support
    Datacentar and servers location: Holland, Europe

As you are just starting a new site, so shared hosting would be fine because initially you will not need high bandwith , as you grow you can always move to VPS.
    █ █ All types of Graphics & Web Designing
    www.dezinerstudio.com

Since your starting off fresh i agree with everybody above. You don't need a VPS since your site is brand new.

Stay on a Shared Hosting account for now and try to make your users to pay for posting classified ads. It is important to have a budget for a quality VPS hosting service and to be able to migrate your account as soon as you need.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

8. Quote Originally Posted by prince kapoor View Post
    Hello everyone,

one of my friend told me that VPS hosting will be required for such type of sites. I have already bought shared hosting for site.
    Why did your friend say you need a VPS? Are you going to do anything "special" in WordPress that would require a VPS?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by prince kapoor View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'd start on a shared host then move to VPS whenever your shared host recommends that you upgrade.

As the above members have said, because you are starting a new site, I see no problem why you shouldn't be able to start off on a shared hosting platform. If your site then becomes too big for a shared hosting platform, you can easily have it moved over to a VPS.

Jack.

I'd recommend that yo start out on shared hsoting - most likely if you are with a reliable provider it will suit your every need. Worst case scenario, if your site grows substantially in the future, you can always upgrade to a higher solution at a later date. It might be worth choosing a host with scalability options so that they could help you upgrade as needed.
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

It will most definitely be cheaper to start out with a shared hosting account. If your site continues to grow then maybe you should think about upgrading to a VPS.
    They call me the bread baker

you can try hawkhost shared or reseller hosting,they r good.i have a reseller account with them.it is good for starting and experimenting things.

I know you said you already bought a shared hosting plan ... Who did you get your plan with out of curiosity?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by ExpertWebHostNET View Post
    Because, It will be a new site, there should be no problem at least at the beginning to host your site with a shared hosting provider.

When your site grows and can't fit in a shared hosting environment, your provider will automatically notify you to upgrade.

Agreed. Perfect reply, If you need better hosting hostgator is having 50% off tomorrow for Cyber Monday.
    VPSforMe.com - OpenVZ Virtualization with SolusVM Control Panel on High Quality Servers.
    VPSforMe.com - Inexpensive VPSs with great features.
    VPSforMe.com - 24/7 Ticket Support with FAST Replies
    VPSforMe.com - CEO Jackson H - Jackson@vpsforme.com

@ExpertWebHostNET,hvhost,hostblow,rapidservers,hostcolor,ifhost,stebaker,themegaidiot,yavahost,XeHSean thanks for advice
    @LVPShosting hi, i have already bought a reseller hosting. budget is 10$
    @onlycheaphosting classified with generate huge traffic after sometime, i asked as i afraid of site being down or suspended :O
    @vamsi9009 as i told tat i had already bought hosting . u pls send the link of the host u told above.

If you can afford a decent VPS, go for one of those instead of getting a standard Shared hosting account.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting