Cool

Howdy Everyone,

As you know I am considering gettting a dedicated server from DialToneInternet. I am interested in the current special they have on the <<Linux RedHat Server w/Celeron 333, 64MB RAM, 6.4 GB EIDE Drive, 10/100 COMNetwork Card, 50GB of Bandwidth, Unmetered IP's>> This special expires 5PM EST Wednesday, August 2nd, 2000. So before the bigggg deadline tomorrow afternoon, please give a quick review of the service you have gotten from DI and the pluses and minuses of the server interface! Thank you Much!

~ Marcus

I've been with DI for about 2 1/2 months now and chose them after a lot of research. I wanted this to be the last move I made.

I've been very happy with the support and have even hired them to install a few extras for me. Don't be put off by the standard "please authorize charges so we can look into it" message. I think it's a signature type appendage they have in all their initial responses. The fact is they don't charge for their mistakes or bugs in their interfce, even beyond the 30 days. They have also answered questions at no charge beyond that. Just don't use them as a substitute for reading and learning server management yourself.

I have information for beginners to server management (which includes me) on my site. Some of it is specific to DI. Look on the right side menu at http://techcellence.net I'm adding to it right now and over the next day or two. It is an ongoing thing and I amend it as I have something new to add. Right now, the focus is on security issues.

All4You Guest

Thumbs up

Originally posted by MDB:
    Howdy Everyone,

As you know I am considering gettting a dedicated server from DialToneInternet. I am interested in the current special they have on the <<Linux RedHat Server w/Celeron 333, 64MB RAM, 6.4 GB EIDE Drive, 10/100 COMNetwork Card, 50GB of Bandwidth, Unmetered IP's>>
    ~ Marcus
    Hi Marcus. I just signed up for that SAME server a week and a half ago and have been moving 4 sites over to it.

Personally, I love it. Though I dont have much experience with their tech support, the server has been easy to use, configure, and above all has been fast fast fast compared to the virtual server I was hosting with before (probably the same unmentionable company you refer to. Does this company have a tendancy to give out 2-day ultimatums :-)

I think you would be happy with it. My only personal plans for mine will be to upgrade the RAM to 128 or better in the future, when the need arises.

- Robert Angle

I've had a dedicated server with Dialtone for 2 months now and it has been great. There support is excellent (especially in emergencies like when my server crashed due to an improperly seated RAM module / total time to solve this problem and reboot my server was under 30 minutes!!!!), their network is excellent (and keeps on getting better) and they just increased all bandwidth allowances on all their packages by 15 GB. So if you signed up for a package that allows you 50 GB then you will be upgraded to 65 GB / month.

The interface is very easy to use and automates routine tasks such as setting up accounts.

I don't think that you will be dissapointed as long as, as Duster pointed out, you don't expect them to hold your hand through everything. They expect you to have, or acquire, a certain amount of knowledge on your own.

------------------
    "I AM!"

[This message has been edited by tabernack (edited 08-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by tabernack (edited 08-02-2000).]