What could developed sites be worth?

I keep reading messages here that domains without a website to back it up are worthless unless it is developed. What would a developed site be worth? I know it probably has to do with the amount of daily visitors, search engine links, site topic, etc etc...

if someone says that the domain needs to be developed it means that it will be hard selling the name itself

however, if a site is built around the domain then it will be possible to sell the site/domain for a large amount. This is because the site will have traffic, coding, images etc.

You are in effect selling the site content and traffic but the domain will be worth something as well because this is where the traffic is being pointed to
    Kevin Muldoon - Blogging, WordPress, Internet Marketing
    Rise Forums - Internet Marketing Discussion Forum

Hello Guys,

I would take that as, the name is well known. You say Napster you think of music, you think of downloading, and ect. I don’t think it has to really go with the site, just as long as the domain name is out there, that people know the name. Yahoo for example, is worth millions, but Yahoo does not mean search, web, or anything involving the Internet for that matter. Also a developed site usually makes it known to what it audience is, and brings those people. Like you could have a wrestling website and you could be getting 10,000 visitors a week, but if they are not wrestling fans but some how go to your website your site in not well developed. I hope this has helped you out.

Vague question... not sure how to answer this one. It all depends on the industry and traffic. To sell a developed website, you need: a) a good domain name, b) a good idea and business plan or a good idea that is instantly recognizable for its potential, c) most likely an existing visitor base, and d) the know-how and resources to locate approach and close the buyer.

It depends on the popularity and topic. Developed sites can sell for just $100 or over $1million... develop a good site and you will do ok
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.