Samuel from MBSHost

Hi, I am the co-owner of a site which is hosted on MBSHost. We were on a sponsorship plan which gave us free hosting in exchange for advertising MBSHost on the site. Recently due to a number of factors my partner and myself have decided to sell the site. It was a joint decision and one we are both happy with.

We decided to advertise the auction on WHT and things were going great. Within 24 hours there were about 30 responses. The possible sale was looking up. Then when I went to check my email (hosted on the site I am selling) it said that my account was suspended. I have sent numerous emails to support and even pm'd Samuel on these forums, however I have had no responses.

Now, the site has been sold, and I wish to get al least a backup of the site which is perfectly reasonable in my opinion. The buyer has offered to buy a temporary hosting plan in order to get the files needed.

I ask out of desperation. Please at least respond and let me at the data.

Just as a side note, MBSHost and Samuel have been great, fantastic, quality hosting with great uptime. I have no complaints about that.

Thanks, Chris
      0 Not allowed!

I remember Samuel stated that he lost his family just less than a year ago. Never knew if he was kidding or not, but sincerely hope things are fine for him - and between yourselves. He was one of the very first people to ever help me on a query when I first joined WHT.
      0 Not allowed!

While I understand that you want a copy of the website and normally you must be entitled to it, there is also the fact that it was a sponsorship. I'm sure if he was nice enough to host you, then he'll give you what you want sooner or later.

My point is, if this is such a good website, why not spend just a little to get a paid host? It's much more solid and problems like this wouldn't arise quite as often. Theorectically, you're treated with more care and respect when you pay.
      0 Not allowed!

We also don't know how many (if any) sales were created from the advertisements on Solosocket's site. It could have been a goldmine for Samuel.

I'm wondering if you had notified Samuel that you were planning to sell your site (thus he would likely lose the ads) prior to posting the auction here at WHT?
      0 Not allowed!

I'll see if I can contact him for you.
    Jason Mansfield - jmansfie [at] uoguelph.ca
      0 Not allowed!

I did not contact him prior to selling the website. I admit I have made that mistake but honestly, isn't suspending the site a little extreme?

If you could do that Jason that would be great.

I remember Samuel stated that he lost his family just less than a year ago. Never knew if he was kidding or not, but sincerely hope things are fine for him - and between yourselves. He was one of the very first people to ever help me on a query when I first joined WHT.
    I don't know much about this. I am thinking perhaps he went on a christmas holiday or something.

Can someone tell me if he is answering support emails?

Chris
      0 Not allowed!

I've received the message. The thread starter here has been less than honest and I'll be honest, when I get to it ill get to it.

I know that seems harsh to everyone reading this thread, but the back story is one that I don't care to go into right now (Have given my time, my resources) and never asked a thing from these users. What is disapointing is they just simply used me (Personally) so you can either wait until there is someone besides me at mbshost to pack your data, or you can move on...

Sorry, but I don't like being used.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]
      0 Not allowed!

The files will be automatically removed by tommorrow night at this time. Mods close the thread please, they have what they wanted (Have told them to keep backups for almost two years), but there you have it.
    dotGig
      0 Not allowed!

Well played.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Samuel
    Mods close the thread please, they have what they wanted
    Perhaps we can wait a bit till we get the heads up from #SoloSocket
      0 Not allowed!

Ok, ill just unsubscribe the thread. Doens't matter to me, they have a link and have 24 hours.

No reason to not close it because I dont take responsibility for sponsored sites, I do it out of kindness, which in this case it was perverted, so do *Or dont do* whatever you like.
    dotGig
      0 Not allowed!

I'm glad this got resolved quickly. Props to Samuel.
      0 Not allowed!

Excuse me? How have you been used? Please go into it because I have no idea what you mean. I am the one who has forked out $400 just to get this site up and running. I didn't want to spend any more money to get a site up so I thought sponsored hosting was a good thing to do. We put your banner up and you hosted us, it was a fair deal and one which worked.

As for suspending the site, the least you could have done is contacted me and told me why. You did not do this. Why all of a sudden have you turned sour? I do not get it.

If you delete our files that is truly low and I will be at a huge personal loss. Do you think you should somehow be compensated for hosting? If so please tell me how much. Once again, no not delete our files. There are countless hours of work, useful articles and great times within that data.

I am sorry for what ever I have done but please tell me what it is as I have no idea.

Chris
      0 Not allowed!

The files will be automatically removed by tommorrow night at this time. Mods close the thread please, they have what they wanted (Have told them to keep backups for almost two years), but there you have it.
    I assume you are talking about backups, I still have no access to the account, if you could grant CP access it would be much appreciated.
      0 Not allowed!

Looks like you have a link to download a backup of your files, #SoloSocket. Download them before it's too late.
    Have you Floble'd today?
      0 Not allowed!

A link? I may be blind, can someone point me towards this link?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by #SoloSocket
    Excuse me? How have you been used? Please go into it because I have no idea what you mean. I am the one who has forked out $400 just to get this site up and running. I didn't want to spend any more money to get a site up so I thought sponsored hosting was a good thing to do. We put your banner up and you hosted us, it was a fair deal and one which worked.

As for suspending the site, the least you could have done is contacted me and told me why. You did not do this. Why all of a sudden have you turned sour? I do not get it.

If you delete our files that is truly low and I will be at a huge personal loss. Do you think you should somehow be compensated for hosting? If so please tell me how much. Once again, no not delete our files. There are countless hours of work, useful articles and great times within that data.

I am sorry for what ever I have done but please tell me what it is as I have no idea.

Chris
    Chuggles has the link Solosocket, connect the dots and quit wasting my time.

If you continue to act like you're the victim here then you're going to continue to stay confused. You're the one that went missing months ago when I found that you were offering hosting on one of your other sites through another provider, when asked about it you simply didnt respond. I still continued to host the site through Ked, so please contact who actually owns the site, confirm that I sent the link to the packed backup hours ago (Which contains all information, mail, dbs, site files, everything).

I was open ended, you used, site will be deleted by tommorrow night at 10:11 PM by cron unless further arrangements are made to retrieve the files by DLT.

Everything you have asked for in this thread has been provided, do your job.

Good luck
    dotGig
      0 Not allowed!

I received the link. Thank you Samuel. Mods, this thread can be closed.
      0 Not allowed!

Welcome chuggles, good luck with the investment.
    dotGig
      0 Not allowed!

Good play samuel old chap
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks visio, I've asked the thread to be closed
    dotGig
      0 Not allowed!

...Mods close the thread please...
    Originally posted by Chuggles
    I received the link. Thank you Samuel. Mods, this thread can be closed.
    At the request of the parties involved, thread closed.
      0 Not allowed!