DNS resolution logs

Hello,

I have registered 4 domains on NameCheap. I would like to see who is resolving my domain and subdomains, since NameCheap doesn't provide this functionality, I need to host the domains on some other name server. Do you know any economical DNS hosting provider that provides detailed logs on DNS queries on your domains? I looked at a few options like Amazon route 53 but couldn't find a solution to satisfy my needs. Alternatively, do you know how can I register regular VMs in Amazon/Microsoft cloud as name servers so that namecheap recognizes it as name servers? For example, when I create a VM in Microsoft cloud, it assigns a cloudapp.net domain to the VM but I can't modify DNS entries for either cloudapp.net or the subdomain of cloudapp.net. When I asked a rep, she told me that they can move my domain to name server only if it is visible here: verisigninc .com/en_US/whois/index.xhtml. Any help will be really appreciated.

I don't think any DNS hosting service provides logs to customers. You may use any VPS/dedicated server and host your own DNS. There are plenty of guides on the Internet.

You can very well use Azure servers, it doesn't matter what hostname is assigned to the VM (*.cloudapp.net in your case) just install and configure BIND or NSD on the VM and setup the necessary domains.

Then you'll have to create child nameservers in NameCheap's control panel - https://www.namecheap.com/support/kn...-for-my-domain
    WordPress plugins | Blog | @jesin_a