Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    fsck = filesystem check - This is what you need to do if the server goes down without being shutdown. Ie someone cycles power while the machine is running. It's roughly equivalent to what happends in Win95+ if you kill the power without shutting down.

I'm not sure what you could do that would cause the machine to go down without a proper shutdown. Unless you asked them to do a reboot.

For the record I've been a 4webspace customer for a couple weeks now and overall I'm happy with the support. I get better answers from them faster than I ever did with HostPro. The delay in getting my RaQ was a bit troubling since no one could tell me if it'd be a week or a month but I did get it up after about 8 days.

My server is running again now I just asked in their chat support and it was solved within one minute - the server was just waiting for a password! Still it's sad that they couldn't do it within the 40 hours before

We've had our server with 4webspace.com since December when it first came on the scene. When we have had problems they have fixed them within 24 hours. I've only had one support ticket unanswered in the whole time and looking at my tera-byte folder in my email thats about 50 emails so one in 50 unanswered is pretty damn good.

But i do find some of there support team to be pretty rude. I always get helpful responses from steve, Mike Parrie and Tim Oxenford (thats not right is it?) but the others do seem to be pretty snotty.

Other than a few snotty tech support people this company is by far the best i've used.

Well, Mike Parie was the one who accused me of something I didn't do

Mr Creosote, look at the bright side, the server is upp
    The Php Support Desk
    http://www.phpsupportdesk.com
    Custom programming - kunal @ e-phoria.com
    http://www.pingzine.com - Ping!Zine. the FREE, FRESH and EXCITING Web Hosting Magazine...

Misunderstandings happen. I just wish it had been a simple misunderstanding with Tera-byte(bites) in my case.

I'm also glad it was just 1 of my state side servers.

You got off lucky.

chuck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12