Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilAgg View Post
    Yes, I just received confirmation the ColoUnlimited forgot to cap my port. They capped it now.
    NeilAgg, you happy with everything so far from ColoUnlimited?

Quote Originally Posted by benj114 View Post
    NeilAgg, you happy with everything so far from ColoUnlimited?
    Yes, but I have not had much time to play with it. Its not perfect, but it is good for the price.

NeilAgg,

What did you opt for @ Colounlimited?

The 10 or 100Mbps service?

Was some confusion when I ran the speed tests about what port speed we were looking at. Notice you posted that they forgot to cap you. Is it right to assume you had 100Mbps port that now is capped at 10Mbps?

So far my server there has been running without issue..

Ping times from Florida average about 65ms. Bandwidth seems pretty solid.

Also I have emailed support at 3am and 4am the past few days just to get things like rDNS setup on some IP's and everytime I get a live response back within about 15 minutes by a Level 1 tech (basically telling me he is escalating my ticket to a senior tech) then I get a email from the senior tech shortly after.

Here is a header from one of the emails.. note the time...

Return-path: <blah@corexchange.com> <-removed so he doesn't get spam
    Envelope-to: blah@hostxl.com
    <-removed so he doesn't get spam
    Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 04:09:45 -0500
    Received: from crm01.corexchange.com ([208.78.216.22]

So overall I can not complain about anything yet. Response has been good.

Quote Originally Posted by pubcrawler View Post
    Is it right to assume you had 100Mbps port that now is capped at 10Mbps?
    That is correct. I have their 1U service.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyXL View Post
    overall I can not complain about anything yet. Response has been good.
    I agree with this, but am concerned what will happen once they start to fill their datacenter. Right now, it is pretty empty!

Well, I am working on getting a server setup and ready to ship to ColoUnlimited. Very glad to hear other folks experiences.

I *know* ColoUnlimited has Cogent in the mix, but I haven't seen it appear on traceroutes to stuff there, yet.

Can anyone say which carriers traffic seems to be going in and out on mostly at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by pubcrawler View Post
    Well, I am working on getting a server setup and ready to ship to ColoUnlimited. Very glad to hear other folks experiences.

I *know* ColoUnlimited has Cogent in the mix, but I haven't seen it appear on traceroutes to stuff there, yet.

Can anyone say which carriers traffic seems to be going in and out on mostly at this time?
    Above.net and the actual corexchange mix is what I have seen. Not sure if this will change once there datacenter starts filling but it is great right now.

My tracert's go via comcast till Atlanta then go across Global Crossing to the Corexchange network.

I think most of the bandwidth right now is the high quality bandwidth from CoreXchange. That will probably change over time as the network gets loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    Thanh Tran has been in touch with me.. I might give it a go with a server or two.. but they seem awfully desperate for some biz so I'm cautious.. but I will give them a go
    They're owned by CoreXchange, whose owner helped build out the datacenters for The Planet a while back as well as other major DCs throughout the Central US. Anyways, I toured the DC last week with Trey and I was thoroughly impressed with the facility and for a price point it's a steal. I highly doubt that the price they're offering it at will last for that long, seeing as I think it's just to get customers in the door.
    Jacob Wall

I've been interacting with Thanh as well. Good guy and actually knowledgeable (which many sales folks are not).

Thanh has been very responsive with my inquiries. Even somewhat flexible about addressing some of my concerns about hand-on staff on as-needed basis --- if needed.

Hopefully, everything continues to impress with ColoUnlimited. If so I'll be taking a rack from them this upcoming year.

Just as an update, sent in my IP justification form, attestation letter and crummy viso map yesterday to Thanh. Hope to have the IP's soon so I can get them configured onto the server's and shipped to the center. Thanh also helped get me a list of companies in Dallas that can insure my gear.

All that is left to do is buy a Cisco Cataylst 3550 24 Port EMI, any recommendations on places?

I'm most likely going to just have ColoUnlimited install the servers, as I can’t step away for a few day's due to a family member that is terminal and at a hospice now.

TNet usually has good prices.. and myriad supply..
    AS395558

All that is left to do is buy a Cisco Cataylst 3550 24 Port EMI, any recommendations on places?
    Try https://www.candelanetwork.com/Used/...ies?idCat=1552
    Thomas.chaffin@qtsdatacenters.com
    312-877-0453 (m) alt: 630-456-6948 (m)
    QTS Data Centers Chicago

Grey market. Picked up a c3550 48 port emi for $190.00 a few days ago.

I talked to their sales rep today and he was extremely helpful. I'll probably colocate a server with them soon! I'll let you guys know how it goes =)

Quote Originally Posted by Continuum View Post

Thanks,

Ended up ordering the switch from Candela Network. Got the 24 port SMI one, and the sales rep said they would put EMI on it for free.

Thanks,

Ended up ordering the switch from Candela Network. Got the 24 port SMI one, and the sales rep said they would put EMI on it for free.
    I'm sure cisco would love to hear about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    I'm sure cisco would love to hear about that one.
    I've yet to find a company who sells switches around here that doesn't do that.
    AS395558

I'm really good friends with Ted over there. I took a tour of their DC at the Infomart a while back, and it seems like they've got their stuff together. Ted and the team there have been more than happy to answer any questions I've had and we're really excited about doing business with them in the future.

From what I understand, CoreXchange and ColoUnlimited is run by the founder of ThePlanet. We're planning on moving in there sometime next year. Will be sure to post a review.
    FinerHosting.com - Managed VPS & Managed Dedicated Server
    Tommy S - CEO - tom@finerhosting.com
    Our customer support has been compared to long walks on the beach with your dream date.

Quote Originally Posted by Finer - Tommy View Post
    From what I understand, CoreXchange and ColoUnlimited is run by the founder of ThePlanet. We're planning on moving in there sometime next year. Will be sure to post a review.
    Interesting, hadn't noticed that before - looks like they have a few of the The Planet's former big wigs.
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by sirius klaus View Post
    Interesting, hadn't noticed that before - looks like they have a few of the The Planet's former big wigs.
    Yep. When I was there, I got to meet their team. Stellar group of guys & gals who really knew what they were doing.
    FinerHosting.com - Managed VPS & Managed Dedicated Server
    Tommy S - CEO - tom@finerhosting.com
    Our customer support has been compared to long walks on the beach with your dream date.

does someone else see their web display like this??

http://imgur.com/B5LEl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    does someone else see their web display like this??

http://imgur.com/B5LEl.jpg

No their site looks normal to me..

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast