Hostdime reseller hosting: Not able to host website with 1K users

I am having hostdime reseller hosting, I had chosen based on the input in this same forum.

I love their support, they are very responsive and quickly address issue, their live chat for support is also very unique.

Initially, I did not face any issue as my websites was hitting <100 users mostly.

Now, One of my site is hitting 1K vistors daily. It is taking CPU closer to 30%, Hostdime is blocking http access due to resource abuse.

The site is running with:
    - wordpress
    - cloudflare cdn
    - wordpress cache plugin.

I am not sure what else i can do improve my site, any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Hostdime says, that i am hitting more hits, my site is taking more cpu,

Shared hosting is not enough for 1K visitors?

Is it the issue with wordpress website or hosting?

They are asking me to upgrade hosting to VPS. it looks like bit costly compared to dreamhost vpn.

Can you suggest me best and afforable VPS hosting and any review about Dreamhost VPN as well.

Quote Originally Posted by onymguy View Post
    I am having hostdime reseller hosting, I had chosen based on the input in this same forum.

I love their support, they are very responsive and quickly address issue, their live chat for support is also very unique.

Initially, I did not face any issue as my websites was hitting <100 users mostly.

Now, One of my site is hitting 1K vistors daily. It is taking CPU closer to 30%, Hostdime is blocking http access due to resource abuse.

- wordpress
    - cloudflare cdn

I am not sure what else i can do improve my site, any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Is it the issue with wordpress website or hosting?

They are asking me to upgrade hosting to VPS. it looks like bit costly compared to dreamhost vpn.

Can you suggest me best and affordable VPS hosting and any review about Dreamhost VPN as well.
    Hello onymguy,

I am sorry to hear about your issues and I would like to look into them for you to see if there's anything else we can do to help with your situation. Can you please either post or PM me a ticket ID or your domain name with us?

Thank you and have a great day!
    | Dennis Henry | HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters
    | Data Centers in USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands

Your Wordpress could be the issue here. How many plugins do you have? Have you tried disabling them to see if it makes a difference?
    CrocWeb Cloud - High Availability Cloud Website Hosting
    > NVMe Storage, LSCache, Redis, Global CDN, Unlimited SSL
    > Triple Data Replication, Automated Server Failover
    > Bad Bots, Malware, DDoS Protection

It's not necessarily how many visitors you are receiving, but what resources your website uses to handle each request. You can have a website that is static HTML and handle many folds more visitors or you can have a website that is either inefficient or just process intensive and only be able to handle a 10th of the visitors.

The first important step to take is to determine what exactly is using most resources.. If it's a WordPress website, it could be many things. A plugin or even a theme could be the culprit.. If you have many plugins, it may be worth disabling them and enabling them one by one over a period of time to see which ones is causing the issue or if it's their collective usage causing problems.

Hostdime is blocking http access due to resource abuse.
    Have they taken your website offline or are they using something like cloudlinux which is restricting the usage? If it's the former, then it may be difficult at this point to do a trial & error routine on your plugins but in either case - it's worth working with your web host in getting a good idea on how and why your resource usage is what it is and mutually coming up with a solution that addresses the issues you're experiencing..

Let us know how you get on .

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    It's not necessarily how many visitors you are receiving, but what resources your website uses to handle each request. You can have a website that is static HTML and handle many folds more visitors or you can have a website that is either inefficient or just process intensive and only be able to handle a 10th of the visitors.

The first important step to take is to determine what exactly is using most resources.. If it's a WordPress website, it could be many things. A plugin or even a theme could be the culprit.. If you have many plugins, it may be worth disabling them and enabling them one by one over a period of time to see which ones is causing the issue or if it's their collective usage causing problems.

Have they taken your website offline or are they using something like cloudlinux which is restricting the usage? If it's the former, then it may be difficult at this point to do a trial & error routine on your plugins but in either case - it's worth working with your web host in getting a good idea on how and why your resource usage is what it is and mutually coming up with a solution that addresses the issues you're experiencing..

Let us know how you get on .
    They don't use cloudlinux and I knew before I even read the post they would ask him to upgrade to a VPS, maybe before he signed up,he should of talked to sales and asked if their was chance of them capping him if he knew he had 1k visitors, I know if I had that many visitors I would of asked sales before I even jumped on there hosting. I know hostdime can be Sharpe on things like that.

- wordpress
    - cloudflare cdn

If you do not optimize your site properly, then you might hit high cpu usage in no time.

If you are using heavy plugins, etc... then better go for a vps so you can get the cpu speed you need.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjapanther-Greg View Post
    They don't use cloudlinux and I knew before I even read the post they would ask him to upgrade to a VPS, maybe before he signed up,he should of talked to sales and asked if their was chance of them capping him if he knew he had 1k visitors, I know if I had that many visitors I would of asked sales before I even jumped on there hosting. I know hostdime can be Sharpe on things like that.
    If they're not using LVE and CL how do they know exactly what he is using for resources?

Just curious, that's all
    highavailability.io ██████ ███ ██ █ █
    High Availability WordPress Hosting