Thread: Internap Price.

Internap Price.

I'm not sure if anyone here purchases in even this high of a commit, however does anyone know what Internap costs at a 100mbit commit?

Just trying to get a general idea.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Come on if your serious about this sort of bandwidth why dont you take some time and called Internap direct there not going to expect you to sign up your just asking on pricing.

Regards
    Phillip
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

No but it will result in sales calls for the rest of my life

Anyway, I have received my answer, thanks for the non-constructive input.

What is the pricing then? mind to tell?

The number I got was roughly $200/meg at 100 meg commit...of course, this is dependant on a million things and might not be a accurate number, however it's about what I was expecting.

Internap really isn't worth the money, but I just wanted to verify that.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

I was going to start a separate thread, but then I saw this.

Anyone know the cost/mbit for Internap at 1-2 mbit? I'm looking at them for transit in an LA Equinix DC, not one of their data centers.

I do plan to call them myself, but it seems that bandwidth pricing can be flexible depending on who you talk to.

Glenn

Ive got about 10 Meg from Internap and with that commit Im paying around $300/meg

Thanks Steve. In your opinion, are they worth the premium cost? What has uptime been like with them?

Thanks again,

Glenn

Glenn, We use their bandwidth for our T1 and DS3 customers. Its really worth the price because they always route your traffic the best 9 networks, which changes all the time. Your able to get 9 Tier 1 backbones via one provider for the cost of having 3-4 seperate connections from single Tier-1 providers and having to invest in routers and doing BGP4 and OSPF yourself.

If you can get your customers to pay more for bandwidht, I would go for it. But those looking for cheap bandwidht this is not the thing to have.

We have seen 100 % uptime in the past 9 months

Whoever told you that price for internap is off his rocker!

100 megs @ $200 per? Get outta here!

I can get a 20-meg commit via internap for $200/meg. Yes, I have an official quote from an official rep.
    "The only difference between a poor person and a rich person is what they do in their spare time."
    "If youth is wasted on the young, then retirement is wasted on the old"

We've had a DS-3 from Internap for about a year now and I too can confirm it's worth, though we have shut down their pipe a couple of times to allow our Qwest DS-3 to take over, hence BGP4 etc is still required, I still have no complaints with Internap. Qwest's provisions have been flawless for us yet their human services/support seems to lack. Internap on the other hand has a service department that is top notch across the board. For those seeking a high standard in QoS, Internap is certainly worth the cost. However, as Steven noted, those looking for, hmm let's call it "popularly-priced" bandwidth then Internap would be the wrong place to look.

Pricing depends tremendously on current market trends and the sales rep's need to make the sale at that moment. Serious buyers will need to contact their provider of choice and work diligently to achieve the price range they are seeking. Also note, quantity counts in that area. Shop around and get quotes from multiple providers, then take those quotes to the provider you most want and seek a price match.

Ten Internap clients could probably quote ten different prices because this really is a buyer's market.
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

I know a company that has gige to intnernap and they are paying $75/meg.. If that helps.

When we were at Dallas, Infomart facility, we had dual GIGe with Internap and we were paying around the $130/mbit mark on around 400/mbit sustained, but this was well over a year ago..
    ^^ IM WITH STUPID!! ^^

"The only way to overcome fear, is to challenge it head on"
    "The quickest way to get over a woman, is to get under another"

(Standard disclaimers apply... not an ad, biased opinion, etc.)

When you want the best quality/performance, I think Internap is 100% worth the cost and the only option. In 5 months we not only haven't had any downtime, but we haven't had any degraded service. (Congestion, latency spikes, poor routing, etc.)
    Alex
    Aveas offers managed colocation and value-added services in Internap's Fisher Plaza facility in Seattle, Washington, US.

Web site: www.aveas.com | AIM: AveasAlex

InterNAP is well worth it, IMO. So far service has been impeccable. And that $200 per mbit cost can be negotiated down quite a bit...trust me on that.
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.