Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast
    Spending 12 hours is better than having no backup at all, in my case. I hope that data can be recovered otherwise things are surely screwed
      0 Not allowed!

I have a 2 day old backup of the database. But, it'll take at least 12 hours straight to get things reversed...

I'm more worried about my admin reputation, though. xD

FYI, I was only running webadmin, and CentOS 5 in the LA datacenter.
      0 Not allowed!

You guys should really let them do their work before drawing such drastic conclusions, who told you the data is really gone? Who told you vaserv does not do image backups of the vps's? Just at least wait until the main websites are up and/or until you receive a notice from them, up to you, if you wish to pull your hair out by all means, do it!
      0 Not allowed!

Just finished rsyncing everything from my vps to another server & dropped the TTL, hoping it stays up though & I don't need to use the other server.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rkatz View Post
    You guys should really let them do their work before drawing such drastic conclusions, who told you the data is really gone? Who told you vaserv does not do image backups of the vps's? Just at least wait until the main websites are up and/or until you receive a notice from them, up to you, if you wish to pull your hair out by all means, do it!
    I assume all data is gone because I can connect to my sites, with a result of
    404 - Not Found

I can also connect to MySQL, but no databases are listed.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mugo View Post
    Even though FSCK is one of the best, the is the exact reason I do backups all the time and never put all my chickens in one basket.
    Exactly right.
      0 Not allowed!

Is anyone showing VPSs down in Dallas or Atlanta?

Those that have them, could you please chime in?
      0 Not allowed!

Wow, I can't get to my VPS or any of their websites. They don't even have an out-of-band status site or way to contact customers. Seems like ever since I joined they have had issues. I hope they let us know what is going on and make this right!
      0 Not allowed!

Did any XEN customers get hacked?
      0 Not allowed!

I am quite disturbed by this, all my websites are down... mysql ssh everything.
    To me right now it seems like everything was hacked? I know this might sound weird but why else do my websites show page not found? Could it be that they unplugged some kind of mount which they use? But that would mean that my services are still running, which to me sounds crazy.

I have both a vps with them in the UK and in the US, both are down.

Moving to another provider if this isn't being handled properly afterwards, they could have at least sent out an email before pulling the plug so suddenly in my opinion.

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

any idea when this is going to be back up and running? currently 5 uk vps down!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jono123 View Post
    I assume all data is gone because I can connect to my sites, with a result of
    404 - Not Found

I can also connect to MySQL, but no databases are listed.
    Hmmm...wouldn't you be nicer to yourself to assume:

a. Your data in currently inaccessible due to some activity that is beyond your control and intimate sphere of knowledge
    b. In addition, you cannot see any databases on your server
    c. As your vendor's main websites are not up hopefully when they get them up they will get your stuff to function as well

I know I feel much better when I think about it that way!
      0 Not allowed!

Mine in Dallas is still up & running normally.
      0 Not allowed!

Mine is in Dallas and it's down.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ebit View Post
    Mine in Dallas is still up & running normally.
    My extra vps is in USA, Atlanta and is down.
      0 Not allowed!

I have one in Atlanta, one in LA, both down. I wish they at least tell us what's going on.
      0 Not allowed!

My 3 vps in Atlanta down ...
      0 Not allowed!

One of my VPS is in Dallas, working perfectly fine.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pureobscure View Post
    Mine is in Dallas and it's down.
    Do you know what server you're on?
      0 Not allowed!

Really though the most confusing me for is that I can still ping my servers, does anyone have the same issue? It's really not making much sense to me, if a server is down or otherwise shut-off from the network it should not be able to be pinged.
      0 Not allowed!

Please read my post as linked, LA and Atlanta VPS nodes are down at the request of VAServ to investigate, we are doing an emergency provision of a new server to get their support and websites back online shortly.

Please be patient. VAServ is working as quickly as possible

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...5&postcount=41
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantium View Post
    Really though the most confusing me for is that I can still ping my servers, does anyone have the same issue? It's really not making much sense to me, if a server is down or otherwise shut-off from the network it should not be able to be pinged.
    I can ping mine too - just get 404s everywhere.

The strange thing for me is when i try and FTP in it says user xxxx ok but then fails to log me in. If it knows that my username for ftp is okay then surely there's data there somewhere?

Really concerned as I have a dedicated server with a2b2 and I also use them for offsite backups daily - however my backup server (also with a2b2) seems to be down as well

I just can't see how they could have lost ALL the data from all their customers AND the backup servers!

I put the backup in place so that I was protected against things like this!
      0 Not allowed!

Can't ping IP, serverxx.fsckvps.com, or my domains.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix View Post
    Please read my post as linked, LA and Atlanta VPS nodes are down at the request of VAServ to investigate, we are doing an emergency provision of a new server to get their support and websites back online shortly.

Please be patient. VAServ is working as quickly as possible

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...5&postcount=41

Sorry, man, the post did not line out which of their multiple DCs were actually involved.

I, for one, am certain FSCK is doing everything in it's power to get everything back. Just trying to get a line on which DCs were actually taken out, for the sake of customers waiting for word here.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by moviedrome View Post
    I can ping mine too - just get 404s everywhere.

The strange thing for me is when i try and FTP in it says user xxxx ok but then fails to log me in. If it knows that my username for ftp is okay then surely there's data there somewhere?

Really concerned as I have a dedicated server with a2b2 and I also use them for offsite backups daily - however my backup server (also with a2b2) seems to be down as well
    Please note, one of the backup nodes which resides on our network has it's network port shut down at the switch currently, it is not truly down.

Thank you,
      0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast