Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Some of what that weasal Baker is saying might be true, in a specific context, but if you have the funds, I would suggest you contact a lawyer yourself. This Intellectual Property stuff can get very tricky, but I am sure there is some kind of a clause that allows you to use part of the name of a company you are trying to bring attention to for breach of service. But be sure you are pretty sure they breached the contract first in one way or another before proceeding to spend your money.

Hell they are not called aitsucks.net after all are they? They should be, but thats another point. So how the heck can they even send you a cease and desist order for owning and operating a domain like this? I would immediately file a counter-suite claiming harrassment... but I am not a lawyer... I know this for sure that you can use the name (even if it is registered and trademarked) and even links to specific parts of their site/network in your website to clarify your point of view. If that was illegal, the WWW, as we know it, could never exist. Just do not use thier actual logo or language from their site without properly quoting the source.

I am in the process of suing them big time. I have found sponsors and lawyers and lets see what happens. I want to bring this bunch of con artists crashing to the pits of hell.

*wink*
    Hope this helps.

Just spread the word as far as you can. Anyone looking for hosting - STAY AWAY FROM AIT !
    Last edited by AniG; 08-10-2002 at 07:53 PM.

Thanks, AniG.

From the legal advice I have gotten thusfar, you are correct. I can use aitsuck.net as long as I am not cybersquatting, using their logos or copyrighted material, or attempt to mislead users into thinking that they are at the actual AIT website. I do none of the above.

The precedence is there. There are sucks sites all over the web. Check out:
    http://dir.yahoo.com/Society_and_Cul...ual_Companies/ . These are just a few of the sucks sites out there.

I would be interested in talking to any attorney that you have found. I have a short list of attorneys who are good at this kind of thing but if you have someone who is already familiar with AIT, that would help.

BTW: I did respond to Baker. You can see the response here:
    http://www.aitsucks.net/email/28.htm.

Thanks for your posts and encouraging words. Keep up the good fight!

Dayton
    Last edited by dayton; 08-12-2002 at 12:06 AM.

I thought I was through with AIT

Ok so AIT now has my domain name, they took it last month

oh well I could just surrender and hope that still treat prisoners of war well in the AIT stulag camps.
    BUT
    I'm not going down fighting (I have contacted a lawyer)
    AIT beware you realy ticked off the wrong Aussie
    I will not be treated they way I have been over the last 6 months...
    I'll keep the board informed of my progress

I won't go into details for obvious reasons but as soon as I win the case you guys will be the first to know. I might even get rich by charging each of AIT's customers $1.00 for the secret of how I won the AIT wars
    heheheheh

For last 6 months I have been hosting with hivelocity.net
    they look pretty new and there was some issues when I first setup with them but they have always strived to fix the problem in fact it is extrememly hard to get them OFF the phone sometimes. They call me on some issues and I live in Hawaii... I think the tech guru wants a holiday.

Aloha

Re: I thought I was through with AIT

Originally posted by aussieguy
    I live in Hawaii

Do you know my next question
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

did anybody else fall for their deceptive sales and 6 month lock in? I just cancelled with them and went to httpme.com and now they call and tell me that I'm just at the beginning of a 6 month window and have to continue to pay them!!

Please, can anybody point me in a direction to get rid of them? I left because they're pretty incompetent in tech support and invoicing, and their prices are too high. But this is just a joke. I'm waiting for a call back by a supervisor, if they don't clear this up I'll first stop payment with my credit card immediately and then contact the BBB at least.

Do not host with them! Ever!

well, they are so generous to offer me a downgrade to the 7.99 mini hosting now, how nice.

Funny thing, the person I talked to was actually quite nice and understanding, and I'm sure she did not hear this for the first time.

Interesting: I'll have my mini account now, but I can't go on Monday and cancel it, I have to do that within those 30 days in February! I guess their system can't remember things longer than 30 days?

I'm still exploring my legal options, any pointers are more than welcome.

Really sad, as I'd been thinking about using them again in the future once I have larger sites for customers.

You'd think they are interested in happy customers, at least more than that monthly fee. Bad reputations are so much harder and expensive to get rid of....

Impressive.. This thread started over two and a half years ago, and people still have complaints about their service. That's gotta be some kind of record here

Not to make light of your current issue with AIT of course Oliver.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

AIT has broken many records, bigest scam artists ever!

http://www.aitsucks.net

well just find a lawyer also do a chargeback on your cc, it works pretty well, if the take your servers, chargeback everything, also get a lawyer, anyone wanna class action?

Oliver,

Even you stop payment on your Credit Card and notify your CC company to not allow payments to AIT period, keep in mind according to their contract they will take over your domain name (the one you got your account with them) if you don't pay them the minimum 6 month due! So if you don't care about your domain go ahead and cancel payment immediately and inform your bank/credit card company. Else, seek a lawyer who will probably tell you pay up since legally once you sign up an account with them, you agree to all the terms of their bull**** contract.

Originally posted by AniG
    Oliver,

Even you stop payment on your Credit Card and notify your CC company to not allow payments to AIT period, keep in mind according to their contract they will take over your domain name (the one you got your account with them) if you don't pay them the minimum 6 month due!

how exactly would they do that? I already moved the domain to a different host, and the name hosting to a different company (in process right now)

they offered me to scale down to the smalles plan now (still have to see the new IP that I'll supposedly get) and if I can't get rid of them I'll just post a lot of info there....

Well, the took my domain name. They run an ICANN approved registry (!!!) and they will forcebly transfer the domain (from the current registrar) to NameIt.net/AITdomains.com and appoint themselves the owner of the domain. Thats how! And it all is legal (kinda) since you agreed to their contract when you signed up for an account there.

Won't help to post a lotta stuff on your new site if you dont have a domain, now would it . There are a lotta sites cropping up detailing AIT's theivery. BUt has it slowed them down? I think not. Only a class action suit may bring some results.

Originally posted by AniG
    Well, the took my domain name. They run an ICANN approved registry (!!!) and they will forcebly transfer the domain (from the current registrar) to NameIt.net/AITdomains.com and appoint themselves the owner of the domain.
    ouch! I am surprised they can do this, but I guess you can hide all kinds of things in a contract.

What a strange company. But eventually word will get around. It's not really worth my time to run against them for $70, I'll just host some music or park some files there till Feb. But I certainly won't send anybody their way, which I would still have done had they been more customer friendly. I am constantly asked for good hosts and refer larger sites to good companies, smaller ones I host myself. So in the end it's AIT's loss, as I won't send anybody their way.

BTW, this is not the only thing that's wrong with them, there are several things listed on the account descriptions as included, but if you want them they cost. Supposedly it varies from line to line what that check mark means. I had a whole conversation with them about that. Actually via that very annoying chat box that now pops up if you're on their home page. (actually a nice and easy way to tell them what you think of their service)

that lady I talked to actually admited that it's misleading and she told management several times about it. I wonder if she's still working there....

What ever you do, don't host with AIT---

Wow, now this is an energizer thread that keeps going and going

Simply amazing. Two and a half years and they appear to be just the same.

Good luck peoples.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Did a search on WHT about this company (see below for why) and sure wish I did it before I even wasted my time.

We had indivudual(s) who made several attempts to fraudulently obtain hosting with us over the last few months using stolen credit card info and attempts to mask their source IP for the orders. Finally let them open an account just to see what they were up to.

Long story made short ... we shut them down after reviewing the files. Basically involved hacking other sites using a web-based telnet program to mask their origin.

Did a follow-up today and saw the domain had moved to aitcom.net. Even though they are competitors, I detest/hate/etc little scammers, so thought I would call up aitcom.net and give them a heads up. The operator at aitcom.net took the info (I provided some details and asked to talk to a supervisor) and she placed me on hold. She came back a few moments later and said they were not interested and the company did not want to discuss the matter whatsoever.

I can understand a company having concerns about customer privacy, but add this to the incompetent area of this thread. To place a block of IPs (and associated customers) on your system in risk because of hackers is insane.

=============================

(Note to moderator - if there is a better place to post the below info, please let me know. If, for some reason I am providing info that should not be on the forum I apologies and understand if you must delete)

To the hosts out there that actually do care about what is going on with their systems, here is some info we have tracked regarding this customer. Sure they will be moving in the next few months after aitcom.net finds out they will not be getting paid:

Domain name : anakjelek.com

Uses email drops associated with:

opetsim.com
    dreamkidz.net
    furt.tv

Orders may appear to come from a NC based IP they have hacked(theapostles.org IP: 206.96.226.98 ... we tried to notify them as well but had no interest), but are actually from:

person: HINET Network-Center
    address: CHTD, Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd.
    address: Data-Bldg. 6F, No. 21, Sec. 21, Hsin-Yi Rd.,
    address: Taipei Taiwan 100

(Note: traced some activity to an IP in Indonesia, but could not confirm).
    Welcome to support ... Your site's down?
    Did you turn on your computer?
    Works now? ... hey, glad to help!

AIT

AIT is absolutely the WORST hosting company you can find!

Their top management makes no secret about the fact that they like to fleece people. They got me for four hundred dollars (most in unauthorized charges to my credit card!) and cost a client their entire business!

They are incompetent and dishonest.

You are warned - stay away!

I agree ... be warned about Ait(com)

I am another of those dissatisfied customers who after 3 years of hosting with Aitcom am leaving at the end of October. But not before I also had my share of battles with billing & their dreadful tech support people, most of whom are barely trained on computers and tell you the most absurd things.

I had a reseller account and Ait has a 'hidden' contract they never show you that essentially forces you to be on a 6-month contract. If you cancel before the end of any 6-month period, they continue to bill you for the rest of the months. I discovered this fact not from them, rather from another disgruntled customer who began emailing all Ait customers about his plight. This gentleman lost many web sites which indeed were taken over by Aitcom.

My biggest dilemma now is which new hosting company to go with. I've tried NoMonthly.com, Parcom.net and Aitcom. None satisfy me for 24/7, responsible, knowledgable, helpful Tech Support.

I also note that the *top* companies are asking for a set-up fee. Why pay a setup fee when there are hundreds if not thousands of companies who don't charge one?

Suggestions?

Hi Icaru,

I have been in that AIT hell as well and can completely sympathise with your dilemma. I don't know if it is appropriate to put this information here, but I moved to VenturesOnline.com from AIT and my experience with them has been heavenly. You should go and check out some of the Web Hosts that advertise on these forums and try posting queries on their customer forums. Try getting information on the web hosts from their own customers, to get the right idea about their service.

Good luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123