Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Macintosh Classic then we upgraded to an AST Advantage 486 running the latest and greatest Windows 3.11. We actually had a coupon for Windows 95 and it arrived in the mail a few months later. Best. Day. EVER!

RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

Commodore 64, which to this day was still a wonderful piece of hardware for the time. I think we got more life out of that than any other computer we've ever owned!

I remember when we had two drives and a 14.4k modem - we thought we had some hot equipment.

I think it's funny though, all these years later I'm typing a message on a forum that frankly, isn't all that much difference then a BBS message board from two decades ago.

Some things change, some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeDesign-Jerret View Post
    I remember when we had two drives and a 14.4k modem - we thought we had some hot equipment
    Pfft! I had a 9600bps modem! I remember asking for a 14.4Kbps modem for Christmas... cost almost $250 IIRC. Eventually ended up running a BBS off of that modem. Lots of good memories! =)

An assembled system with Celeron processor 128 MB ram and 40 gb hdd. It was one of the most advanced at that time. :-)

At home, an AST... pos... glad for it, got that and it was bad, so I ended up learning about how to repair computers... had it been a good computer, I'd never had wanted to learn about computers.

At work, some generic 286... or heck, maybe it was a 186. rofl...186 j/k

Anyway, it was a great computer... it NEVER crashed... dos never crashed once.... neither did the apps... lol
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Honestly i don't remember the spec's but it was Windows 95 it was a Packard Bell and it was awesome!

ZX81

Mine was a ZX81 complete with 16k of RAM and a bit of carpet underlay between them to stop RAM wobble.

But I had programmable machines before that and even a non-electric one
    zaax

The journey began with a Timex Sinclair 1000!

Steve

haa commodore 64...

Tandy Color Computer 2 - no tape drive, ever tried to type in your own programs just to make the thing work? Eventually upgraded to an Amiga 1000, then a 2000 which I ran a 2 line BBS off of, lol. Ahhhh the memories!

http://www.old-computers.com/MUSEUM/computer.asp?c=508

pretty sure it was a TI99 then a C-64, man that was a long time ago, 83-85 i'm guessing, havent went without a computer since
    UrlRedo.com - short URL service

I honestly can't remember what my first was, seeing as I chewed through several in that period.. Been through a few commodores, that I do remember. Especially spilling cola down into the keyboard and air-vents of a C64, that was not very pretty. Some of my best memories would be a little later on.. from the Amiga 2000 and eventually an upgraded version with a Motorola 68020-based accelerator card (also referred to as A2500). I got it around it's release, and it was pretty high end stuff. Unfortunately the power-supply gave up a loud bang (IIRC) and caught fire at some point - forcing me to throw it out of a window into the snow. I got a hold of a new one, but the same thing happened after some time. I bought a Mac in the early 90s and pretty much stayed with that until the late 90's (a period where they dominated the marked) - at which point I built a PC with a K5, then K6, K6-2, and so on. I actually stayed with Athlons (from the K7, T-bird, T-bred, barton) up until around 2005. At that point I moved over to opterons because they provided the same cores as in AMD's top of the line gaming processors, with very good overclockability, at a much lower price point. I first moved on to Intel when the Core 2 Duo was introduced.. which was where they started getting ahead of AMD on the processor and chipset front. Since then I've stayed with intel for Linux and Windows, and in more recent years (from around 2007) also in my Macs (and no, I am not a "fanboi").

Good memories looking back at all this - things sure have moved forward!

Earliest one I remember was a Commodore 64. So many good memories with that machine.

For me, all began with a Amstrad CPC 464 with his internal cassette tape and great hi-tech videogames like "Oh Mummy"...

My First notebook:

http://images.hardwarezone.com/uploa...b513e8ecb7.jpg

An old 486 Notebook that i got because my dad bought an super-fast pentium notebook. The hours i`ve spend playing "Keen", tetris and mario on this....

Gateway Pentium 3 1 ghz with 160 Mb of RAM and a 13.5 Gb hard drive. That was like $2,400 back when I got it.

i played with a zx spectrum in 1981 or 82. but my first one was a msx. then i got a c64 much later. then a pc.

When I was 7 I bought an VIC-20 for like $15-20 at a yard sale. I still have it and it works.

Commodore C64 ! haha

ZX Spectrum

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX_Spectrum

ahh memories

then, when friend bought commodore 128 and I heard
    sound efects in games I was very dissapointed with
    my spectrum

Those were the days

My first serious computer was 386, I don't remember
    exatly specs but I bet it had smallest HD than most
    todays mobile phones

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123