Advantages for reselling accounts for own websites

I think to buy a reseller account for own websites (there are not many of the yet). I have found on WHT forums following advatges in comparison with shared accouns:
    1.Every domain can be managed with own cpanel, you see resources used per domain.
    2. If one website outgrows shared (reseller) account it is easier to tranfer them to VPS.
    3. If something goes wrong host company blocks only one website on account, not all of them.

Anybody here uses reseller accounts for own projects? What advantages I have not mention? Are there disadvantages?

It's simple, some may even prefer their own VPS as they can use 100% resouce from it without getting suspended from the host. As for resellers, some of my clients do said that prefer WHM(Reseller rights) as its easy to manage their website from 1 login instead of logging in different username and password for different accounts.

I think to buy a reseller account for own websites (there are not many of the yet). I have found on WHT forums following advatges in comparison with shared accouns:
    1.Every domain can be managed with own cpanel, you see resources used per domain.
    2. If one website outgrows shared (reseller) account it is easier to tranfer them to VPS.
    3. If something goes wrong host company blocks only one website on account, not all of them.
    Those are some excellent points you have there. Those are all valid reasons why someone would consider using a resellers account over placing each domain as an addon domain.

If any of those points are something you are worried about, then yes, a resellers account would be a better choice.
    Kevin Kopp - MonsterMegs Business Class Hosting Services
    Pure SSD Powered Shared, Reseller, and Enterprise Hosting Solutions
    US & NL Locations :: [US] PhoenixNAP | [NL] EvoSwitch Datacenters

Better scalability, easier to manage, a lot more administrative accessibility... The list goes on. If you have the choice of a reseller vs shared hosting, reseller all the way. It's worth the extra coin.
    Cory Pippen
    San Diego Direct Web, LLC
    1-866-611-3604

Your research points to right way.
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanelฎ
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives

We can say, freedom. Where as your own Reseller or VPS or Cloud server user/manger you can have so much more control freedom to make specific security,software or server management changes its unreal. This also cuts down on waiting for support tickets to be answered to make changes. Better DNS control and account access through your WHM.
    Hostmy1stweb.com - Affordable Web Hosting
    HOSTING l SSL l DOMAINS l MODULES l SUBMISSIONS l AFFILIATES

Providing low cost "Value" Hosting since 1999

I know several of my clients prefer to have reseller accounts for each of their own websites. They do like the separation of cPanels, and it also allows the ability to manage multiple dedicated IPs/SSLs under one "reseller account" and creation of custom nameservers - a lot more freedom from the upstream host.

Zash, thank you for sharing your thoghts and experience. Could you explain why people who host their own websites on reseller accounts would need "custom nameservers"? As far as I understand it is for real resellers which do not want their clients to know "who is hosting their hosters".

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerus View Post
    Zash, thank you for sharing your thoghts and experience. Could you explain why people who host their own websites on reseller accounts would need "custom nameservers"? As far as I understand it is for real resellers which do not want their clients to know "who is hosting their hosters".
    Basically there are both private nameservers and custom nameservers. Both help to increase the anonymity of your hosting's provider and in layman's term, help to prevent people from discovering that you are a reseller - however there are still ways for people to discover that you are a reseller, these methods only help to provide a certain form of anonymity/white-labeling.

Private nameservers are basically anonymous nameservers which do not include your host's name, making it harder for people to determine that you are a reseller of a certain host. Custom nameservers are those that you can setup yourself (ie. ns1.yourname.com and ns2.yourname.com), they would still point to the IP of the nameservers that your host has provided you, usually people choose this to create an overall "brand-name feel" for their hosting company.
    HostStellar.com - Stellar Shared and Reseller Hosting
    Features: LiteSpeed Powered | R1Soft Backup (6 hourly) | RVSiteBuilder Pro | Jailed SSH Access
    Guarantees: 24/7/365 Stellar Support | 30 Days Money Back | 99.9% Uptime SLA

Yes, there is lots of advantages of reselling accounts specially for those webmasters who have numerous blogs and/or sites. It help them to manage each domain separately and thus avoids the chances of accounts suspend that generally happens in shared hosting.