Need Some Help in Reseller Hosting and Master Reseller.

Hey Guys,

I have been a customer of Innohosting from almost 13 months and a very satisfied client. They have a very good uptime. I have faced some minor issues during my entire term. I rate 9 out of 10 for their service and the cost. I'm a professional package reseller.

Now the really problem started for me. A client wants a reseller account with me. But there is no option of master reseller in Innohosting.

Please let me know some good master resellers which have a good fame and feedback as such as Innohosting.

Regards,
    Karthik Reddy

So far I know they give you the option to build a custom reseller account and resell it as well, you may also resell their plans.

However, Master Reseller companies are a lot, you may go with: K-Disks or EZPZHosting, so far I remember they have the best rep here at WHT in master reselling matter.

Regards and good day!

You can also have a look at the offer section to find one that meets your requirements. If you shortlist few go for their reviews also. Contact them directly regarding the support and all.

Quote Originally Posted by karthikreddy View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have been a customer of Innohosting from almost 13 months and a very satisfied client. They have a very good uptime. I have faced some minor issues during my entire term. I rate 9 out of 10 for their service and the cost. I'm a professional package reseller.

Now the really problem started for me. A client wants a reseller account with me. But there is no option of master reseller in Innohosting.

Please let me know some good master resellers which have a good fame and feedback as such as Innohosting.

Regards,
    Karthik Reddy
    Honestly, I would recommend you purchasing a VPS and running your Reseller Clients off that instead. Master Resellers are typically very unreliable. It is best to keep as many "middle men" out of the equation as possible! Good luck and let us know if you need anything answered!

I'm not sure I can manage a VPS as I have never taken care of the server as till now the Innohosting endsupport has supported me. I'm really thankful to them. But I'm also very keen in knowing the things how they work. I need some help from those who maintain the VPS and howto guides if any available.

I think you would be better off with a managed VPS.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by TBradley View Post
    Honestly, I would recommend you purchasing a VPS and running your Reseller Clients off that instead. Master Resellers are typically very unreliable. It is best to keep as many "middle men" out of the equation as possible! Good luck and let us know if you need anything answered!
    I highly agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by YavaHost - Phil F View Post
    I highly agree with that.
    Why?

Master Resellers are typically very unreliable.)
    I have not seen any members complaining about the Master Reseller hosting service that K-Disk/EZPZHosting offers...

I was actually thinking of offering Master Reseller hosting myself. I am just not sure whether to use ZamFoo, WHMPHP or WHMReseller. Looks like WHMPHP is a clear winner at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=984141
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Why?

I have not seen any members complaining about the Master Reseller hosting service that K-Disk/EZPZHosting offers...

I was actually thinking of offering Master Reseller hosting myself. I am just not sure whether to use ZamFoo, WHMPHP or WHMReseller. Looks like WHMPHP is a clear winner at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=984141
    Master Reseller Hosting can be very hard to manage, however, some hosts are able to manage it adequately enough to offer it. Others who will remain nameless are absolutely horrible at managing Master Reselling and put a very bad name on the Hosting Industry in general. Usually, the price that you pay for a Quality Master Reseller Package would be what you could get for a VPS with cPanel License, and you have far more control.

Here's my outlook on it, if Master Reselling was truly feasible and easy to manage then cPanel would of come out with it along time ago.

However, if you really want to give it a shot and think that you can perform well enough to not diminish your company name then I would at the very least recommend Zamfoo.

Cheers,

Usually, the price that you pay for a Quality Master Reseller Package would be what you could get for a VPS with cPanel License
    I would agree to this if you had said Quality Alpha Reseller package. It really depends on the amount of diskspace/bandwidth being offered, etc.

I think its good to let your Resellers resell Reseller accounts. It is good for those who don't need Root Access (VPS) but want to be able to migrate cPanel accounts themselves.

I don't think Alpha Master Reseller hosting is a good idea though. If you want to offer Master Reseller accounts you may aswell just get your own VPS/Dedicated server and ZamFoo, WHMPHP or WHMReseller license.

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    I would agree to this if you had said Quality Alpha Reseller package. It really depends on the amount of diskspace/bandwidth being offered, etc.

I think its good to let your Resellers resell Reseller accounts. It is good for those who don't need Root Access (VPS) but want to be able to migrate cPanel accounts themselves.

I don't think Alpha Master Reseller hosting is a good idea though. If you want to offer Master Reseller accounts you may aswell just get your own VPS/Dedicated server and ZamFoo, WHMPHP or WHMReseller license.
    Again, I guess it really just depends on personal preference here. I have done alot of research and testing in this, and from what I can gather it really just is not 100% stable like I would like it to be. If, in the future Master Reselling does become 100% stable then I would definitely consider offering it!

Now, lets do our best to stay on topic with the OP requests!

Fair enough.

Again, I guess it really just depends on personal preference here. I have done alot of research and testing in this, and from what I can gather it really just is not 100% stable like I would like it to be. If, in the future Master Reselling does become 100% stable then I would definitely consider offering it!

Now, lets do our best to stay on topic with the OP requests!
    Greetings,
    There has been no prrof that Master or Alpha Reseller hosting is less stable (I am positive that we had this discussion in the past). The truth is that ANY platform can lack atability under poor management, even a reseller, VPS or Dedicated. In truth if you are planning on going with a Master or Alpha Reseller provider, make sure they are in it for the long run, there are WAY too many Fly-By-Night'ers out there that tend to haunt the Master and Alpha Resellers.

Now, back onto topic... You could just stay with InnoHosting as I can confirm that they DO offer Master Reseller Hosting and all of their reseller plans are actually Master Resellers . They developed their own control panel (called IR-Panel).

@Karthik - I am also very sorry I missed your call (I think you were trying to call me about an hour ago)
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    Greetings,
    There has been no prrof that Master or Alpha Reseller hosting is less stable (I am positive that we had this discussion in the past). The truth is that ANY platform can lack atability under poor management, even a reseller, VPS or Dedicated. In truth if you are planning on going with a Master or Alpha Reseller provider, make sure they are in it for the long run, there are WAY too many Fly-By-Night'ers out there that tend to haunt the Master and Alpha Resellers.

Now, back onto topic... You could just stay with InnoHosting as I can confirm that they DO offer Master Reseller Hosting and all of their reseller plans are actually Master Resellers . They developed their own control panel (called IR-Panel).

@Karthik - I am also very sorry I missed your call (I think you were trying to call me about an hour ago)
    I would like to kindly state that it doesn't work the same as a master reseller nor is it even a master reseller system. It is more of customising and purchasing a reseller plan, then adding your own mark up & supplying it to your client.

I always advise our customers that if they wish to offer reseller hosting then the best way would be to move onto a dedicated platform as I don't personally agree with the concept of a master reseller.

@Karthik, I'm very happy to hear you're happy with our services!
    Last edited by rv_irl; 10-13-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    I would like to kindly state that it doesn't work the same as a master reseller nor is it even a master reseller system. It is more of customising and purchasing a reseller plan, then adding your own mark up & supplying it to your client.

I always advise our customers that if they wish to offer reseller hosting then the best way would be to move onto a dedicated platform as I don't personally agree with the concept of a master reseller.

@Karthik, I'm very happy to hear you're happy with our services!
    As you are saying Innohosting does some customizing and sells the master reseller system. I also agree on that part. But what do you think of master reseller concept? Please elaborate on this.

...But what do you think of master reseller concept? Please elaborate on this.
    Yes, Rameen, please explain...

As you are saying Innohosting does some customizing and sells the master reseller system. I also agree on that part. But what do you think of master reseller concept? Please elaborate on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow
    Yes, Rameen, please explain
    Well, I wouldn't want to turn this thread into a debate of the merits & disadvantages of a master reseller, but my personal belief is that it is not a sustainable model. To be honest, I don't believe I've actually seen a host offer master reselling for a prolonged period of time on a large scale (and by large scale I mean a few hundred servers). Allowing sub reseller accounts to be set up without any sort of control can allow the situation to spiral pretty fast.

Not only in terms of the number of accounts which will be on the server, but also the type of accounts it is likely to attract. I've seen it myself when our resellers offer plans for almost free, it attracts a lot of the wrong crowd (there are exceptions). Now imagine someone buying a master reseller, then offering sub resellers at very low prices. Then those sub resellers sell hosting accounts at very low prices as well. It's not a very good combination.

The advantages of a master reseller IMO do not out weigh the disadvantages and in turn creates a risky environment to depend upon. On paper it may look like a good idea, but in practical terms, I still have my reservations about the idea.

I was very worried about using VPS I didn't think it would have the same backbone as a regular account. But honestly I am not seeing any noticeable degradation at all. The site are every bit as bast and are handling the load fine.

In the end so long as the server load is low and the port speed high it all seems fine.
    Cut Above Host Click Here To Visit
    24/7 Support/99.9% uptime/ Paypal accepted/ » Established in 1999«
    Cloud Servers • Reseller Hosting • Shared Hosting • 3+ Locations Available
    * Softaculous * Site Builder * End User Support

I think you should call it an Alpha Reseller Hosting Plan..!

Quote Originally Posted by samuelthomson View Post
    I think you should call it an Alpha Reseller Hosting Plan..!
    Lol. What do you mean?

BTW, good info, Rameen.