easy $15,000.00 from what they say..

I was watching tv and they showing all of these fake weddings. People willing to pay $15,000.00 to live in AMerica with a green card.

Though if you get busted you would go to jail.

Would you do this for $15,000.00? (only takes minutes to do)
    I am back....

I'm pretty sure if you get busted, you go home, not to jail.

I like to add I wouldn't do it.
    I am back....

Then what where the lady's in an orange suit saying "City Jail"? (Showing the ladys going to jail I might add)

Originally posted by Rob83
    I'm pretty sure if you get busted, you go home, not to jail.
    I am back....

Normally what happens is, when someone is found to be illegally living in the U.S., they are detained and placed in a detention center. Eventually (within a few days, wks or months) they are sent back to their country.

They aren't put into JAIL, per se, unless they;ve comitted a crime. Once they are out of JAIL, than they are put into a detention center and later sent back to their own country.

I am not talking about the person that doesn't live in America I am talking about the person who lives in America and trying to get them in.
    I am back....

I dont think there is a law against Americans marrying foreigners in American land or outside. As long as its a valid marriage nobody can do anything about it. It happens to lot of Indians/Asian who are already in US with a green card or about to get and then they get married to someone in India who later migrates to US [and yes many of them divorce later for whatever reason and remarry in US]. From what I know earlier it was very easy if they could prove they are married but now the procedure is a bit complicated and it may couple of years to get full clearance for the outsider.

Earlier it was also easier to get into US with a student visa. Usually they would get admission into some private college and get a visa to enter. Later they would just vanish and live illegally with people known to them.

Nice... Imagine getting married a couple times a year, and you wouldn't have to work

Originally posted by RajanUrs
    I dont think there is a law against Americans marrying foreigners in American land or outside. As long as its a valid marriage nobody can do anything about it. It happens to lot of Indians/Asian who are already in US with a green card or about to get and then they get married to someone in India who later migrates to US [and yes many of them divorce later for whatever reason and remarry in US]. From what I know earlier it was very easy if they could prove they are married but now the procedure is a bit complicated and it may couple of years to get full clearance for the outsider.
    But the original poster of this thread is referring to would you marry someone to get them a green card if they paid you $15,000.00

it takes minutes to do but you have to stay married for 3 years. 15,000,00 is not that much.

Do each temporary spouse get half of your current (and possibly dwindling) assets upon termination?
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!

Originally posted by serialbeggar
    Do each temporary spouse get half of your current (and possibly dwindling) assets upon termination?
    Probably it depends on the prenuptial

sh-directssl, I know what he meant but I dont suppose the money is the issue with the authorities. It is more to do with illegal status of the immigrant.

Originally posted by hcn
    it takes minutes to do but you have to stay married for 3 years. 15,000,00 is not that much.
    Exactly, even with pre-nups there are lawyers out there to find ways around things and stiff the husband with paying something up.. and that is worth way more than the $15k she's paying..

Maybe if they paid like $250k + I would consider it...
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

I would do it for free.

Originally posted by subigo
    I would do it for free.
    alright, guess its time for me to get on one knee then... *ahem, hem* subigo will you marry me? (hope your female)
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.