RsyncPalace - FTP/SSH backup storage for just $5.06/mo. with 15% off

Rsync Palace started its operations on April of 2007. That means that we have more than TWO years of operation experience in our bags; we assure you that we're not going anywhere! Even if the price is somewhat higher than what others are offering, you get peace of mind knowing that we are serious about our business and that we're not an overnight fly-by provider.

Promo: The first 10 who follow us @RsyncPalace (http://twitter.com/RsyncPalace) and @reply with "Going to try out RsyncPalace.com's backup storage" will receive 50 GB of additional quota, and 20% off every single invoice when signing up for LAX and PA plans. After @reply, please contact us at sales [..at..] rsyncpalace.com, with your Twitter name. You will then be given a coupon, to signup for this offer. * New Customers Only.

Existing Customers, please contact us at sales [..at..] rsyncpalace.com, and we'll give you another deal that's similar to this one.

Purchase an annual plan and pay for 2 months less as paying monthly!

We now offer a chance for you to be verified as a web host that does backups! Check http://www.rsyncpalace.com/verify.php for more information.

What we support/offer:

LOS ANGELES

* rsync - encrypted SSH transfer.
    * rdiff-backup - incremental backup.
    * Samba - mount on the fly!
    * WebDav - manage your files.
    * FTP, SSH (SCP) transfer and access.
    --
    * cPanel 11 access
    --
    * Unmetered Data Transfer.

PENNSYLVANIA
    * rsync - encrypted SSH transfer.
    * rdiff-backup - incremental backup.
    * Samba - mount on the fly!
    * WebDav - manage your files.
    * FTP, SSH (SCP) transfer and access.
    --
    * cPanel 11 access
    --
    * Unmetered Data Transfer.

15 GB - Rsync Package - $5.95/mo.
    100 GB - Rsync Package - $15.95/mo.
    200 GB - Rsync Package - $28.95/mo.

15% off lifetime coupon, is listed on our main page!

Space up to 2 TB! Contact us for a quote.

RESELLERS
    Here is our updated reseller pricing (Pennsylvania and Los Angeles Location Only):
    * 10 GB : monthly:6.95 annual:69.50
    * 100 GB : monthly:20.95 annual:209.50
    * 300 GB : monthly:54.95 annual:549.50
    * 500 GB : monthly:89.95 annual:899.50
    * 1000 GB : monthly:149.95 annual:1499.50
    Dedicated backup servers are available, different drive configurations are available.

Pricing:
    * Please refer to our website for pricing.
    http://rsyncpalace.com

Order Signup:

http://client.rsyncpalace.com/signup.php

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is rsync?
    Rsync greatly improves efficiency when compared to traditional remote backup methods. By synchronizing only those files that have changed since the last backup, using rsync results in large bandwidth savings. When combined with on-the-fly compression, performing daily rsync backup can result in less data transfer than it would take to perform two backups using the .tar.gz method in a given month.

What is rdiff-backup?
    rdiff-backup backs up one directory to another, possibly over a network. The target directory ends up a copy of the source directory, but extra reverse diffs are stored in a special subdirectory of that target directory, so you can still recover files lost some time ago. The idea is to combine the best features of a mirror and an incremental backup. rdiff-backup also preserves subdirectories, hard links, dev files, permissions, uid/gid ownership, modification times, extended attributes, acls, and resource forks. Also, rdiff-backup can operate in a bandwidth efficient manner over a pipe, like rsync. Thus you can use rdiff-backup and ssh to securely back a hard drive up to a remote location, and only the differences will be transmitted. Finally, rdiff-backup is easy to use and settings have sensical defaults.

I have Windows as the operating system, is there an alternative to FTP?
    Windows can run rsync. Visit the link below for more information:
    http://optics.ph.unimelb.edu.au/help...1.html#install

Or you can use Samba or WebDAV.

Are you a reseller?
    We no longer solely operate as a reseller of BQinternet. We run our operation in Los Angeles and Pennsylvania.

If you have any questions, please direct it to the sales email, post below, or simply PM me.

Thank you for your interest in Rsync Palace and we hope to see you as a client of ours.
    Last edited by -OY-; 09-26-2009 at 02:14 AM.
    Otto Yiu
    Rsync Palace ● Providing offsite backups since 2007.
    Backomatic ● Hassle-free Automated cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, FTP, and MySQL backups.

Your website says that your servers on the east coast are hosted at 1143 Northern Blvd, Clarks Summit, PA.. but I google that address and I see a UPS store? What datacenter are the servers in PA hosted at?

We're hosted at VolumeDrive, will update the address to the right now.
    Otto Yiu
    Backomatic ● Hassle-free Automated cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, FTP, and MySQL backups.

On your twitter page it say's you'll get 10GB for following, this advert gives you 50GB (or is that a typo?).

10 GB bonus is for existing customers who reply with their comments about our service. 50 GB is for new customer signups.

Hope that clarify things up.
    Otto Yiu

Is the tweet deal still going or have 10 people done it already?
    It's Scott!

Nobody actually did the offer yet, so still 10 spots available.
    Otto Yiu

I'm not clear - if I do the twitter thing I'll get an account with 65GB of space for $5.95 - 20%?

That's correct. Let me know if you need anything else clarified.
    Otto Yiu

Go on then, i'll give this a shot

Twittered too

GeekSRV: You forgot about asking about the coupon, so you lost the 20% off the first month. Your account has been deployed, with the bonus space + 20% off your future invoices.
    Otto Yiu

I signed up with RSync Palace about a week ago, wish I'd known about this

An issue I've been having though is that although I can login to the client account, I can't login to the support portal...it's kind of annoying because the support email address rejects my emails because I don't have an account on the support portal, and the pa1 server has been timing out SSH logins from all of my international servers for the past 14 hours even though the RSyncPalace network status webpage says everything is ok :/