* Hivelocity.net Review - 7 Months Evaluation

We have two dedicated servers with Hivelocity and i thing, it's time to post my review about HV.

Pleasant Welcome :
    First, i had a chat with Steve (WHT ID:hivelocitygm) and explained my server requirement and purpose very clearly! I've been contacted by Lee Linton ( HV Account manager ), and he gave me some special deal and then
    i signup with them exactly 1st Server: 03/18/2014 and 2nd Server: 03/25/2014.

Server Migration:
    As they promised,They've moved my 1st servers data's from Softlayer from HV within less than 8 hours and my servers went live within 11 hours. During that time my account manager Lee Linton send updates every 2 hours about my server status.

7 Months Evaluation:
    So far their support,price seems really good. Recently we experienced some server uptime issue from HV! Steve and Lee clearly explained the issue + offered 1 month free credit for my servers rather than just sending a typical apology email.

Support :
    All my technical support ticket requests were resolved within less than 10 minute and billing tickets resolution taking 25-30 minute.

My Rating:
    Support & Communication: 10/10
    Hardware Quality & Speed: : 10/10
    Server Price : 09/10
    Server Uptime : 09/10

So far,so Good! i will keep posted on the progress.
    Last edited by Primeone; 10-12-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: rating added

Glad to hear that they're doing a great job! Been tempted to give them a try myself. Please do update us later down the road.

We've been with them for a while now. All in the same. Drew helped us over there, while Lee helped some as well. Can't say anything but good things about Hivelocity.
    Last edited by NeoSync; 10-12-2014 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Grammar
    NeoSync Hosting Solutions
    Shared Hosting / Game Servers / Dedicated Servers
    U.S. Based / Dedicated Support Team / 99.9% Uptime SLA / 30-day Money Back Guarantee
    jason@neosync.net

Let's hope that they will offer soon better server prices

We've had great success with them as well. If you ever find yourself in the states, make a trip down and see their operation in Tampa.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I think their prices are pretty solid, not sure what everybody else is expecting.
    Right Servers Inc. - Fully Managed VPS and Fully Managed Bare Metal Servers in US & Canada. We want to empower entrepreneurs to grow their business, not their IT headaches. Managed is better.
    High Availability | SSD | DirectAdmin & Softaculous | Daily Backups |Firewall & Security |30 Day Money Back Guarantee

So far i have said good things about hivelocity and i will still say them good for all those things stated above.

But be very careful with their Abuse Department. I understand abuse department has got a critical job to do but sometimes you are NULL routed without warnings and you are offline without given a chance to really fix the things, i have lately lost my Organic traffic when my host was down for 6-7 hours . The "Abuse Department" staff seems to have literally taken it's job and made me feel quite inferior as a customer . although i have paid for two months , i shall not ask for a REfund as well and shift my business to somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM_AADMI_HOSTING View Post
    So far i have said good things about hivelocity and i will still say them good for all those things stated above.

But be very careful with their Abuse Department. I understand abuse department has got a critical job to do but sometimes you are NULL routed without warnings and you are offline without given a chance to really fix the things, i have lately lost my Organic traffic when my host was down for 6-7 hours . The "Abuse Department" staff seems to have literally taken it's job and made me feel quite inferior as a customer . although i have paid for two months , i shall not ask for a REfund as well and shift my business to somewhere else.
    In 99% of abuse cases we give our customers plenty of time to resolve an issue before we take any action that takes their server(s) offline. However, there are certain issues that require a faster response from us than 24, 48 or 72 hours. We are in the business of selling servers and keeping them online after all and it is in all of our best interests to keep every server we deploy online for years and years. We are the last people that want to null a paying customer.

Feel free to email me if you would like me to look into your account and whatever abuse issue you are having.
    Steve Eschweiler - Hivelocity.net - Since 2002
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.
    Instantly Deploy Dedicated Servers in 30 Data Centers on 4 Continents
    24/7/365 World Class Phone, Chat and Ticket Technical Support

Server pricing can always be discussed just FYI for anyone hoping to pricing come down
    Lee Linton | Sr. Account Manager | HIVELOCITY
    Everything Bare Metal
    GLOBAL DATA CENTERS | NORTH AMERICA | EUROPE | APAC |

Quote Originally Posted by AAM_AADMI_HOSTING View Post

I had the same issue last week but my problem was that all email warning was sent to my junk mail box so, I can't see those and I was unable to take actions on these. Then, they told me that I can get access using IPMI and what was my surprise: They haven not configured properly IPMI on my server so, I login using my secondary IP to login ssh and after 4 hours all my abuse issues was solved.

The support team is very great & friendly, abuse team is too cold but I understand their job and Diana Cruz is simply amazing, this colombian girl is an angel.

I have two weeks with they, I'll back in few months to post my review.

Bless

Quote Originally Posted by tuhostmx View Post
    I had the same issue last week but my problem was that all email warning was sent to my junk mail box so, I can't see those and I was unable to take actions on these. Then, they told me that I can get access using IPMI and what was my surprise: They haven not configured properly IPMI on my server so, I login using my secondary IP to login ssh and after 4 hours all my abuse issues was solved.

The support team is very great & friendly, abuse team is too cold but I understand their job and Diana Cruz is simply amazing, this colombian girl is an angel.

I have two weeks with they, I'll back in few months to post my review.

Bless
    Please do keep us posted as things progress. You will likely hear from Diana again as time goes on. Hopefully you kept her contact information. If not let me know and I will make sure to get it over to you. Let her know if you are ever less than 100% satisfied with any aspect of our service.
    Steve Eschweiler - Hivelocity.net - Since 2002
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.
    Instantly Deploy Dedicated Servers in 30 Data Centers on 4 Continents
    24/7/365 World Class Phone, Chat and Ticket Technical Support