Thread: Media Temple...

Media Temple...

Rip off or not?

They're quite expensive. I don't know what to say about them. I own a website design company, but I don't think I would go with them, even though they host most of the design community. Does anyone here have any experience with them???

I've always been impressed by their design. I've never had any hosting accounts with them.. but their simple and clean design is brilliant..

An old friend of mine at Kirupa.com hosts with them and his site is always up and running fine..
    TheNetBox.com
    Affordable/Reliable/Fast web hosting
    Contact us: http://support.thenetbox.com

I agree, their design is outstanding. Aesthetically the site is very pleasing. I was just wondering what the big deal was with them. Does anyone see their prices as too expensive? I currently pay less than that, and I am quite happy with my hosting.

I don't think they are overly expensive, seem to be quite well priced and good value actually.

A lot of people on WHT are used to rediculously cheap prices and think that anything over $2.00 a month is being "ripped off". There is a 'real world' out there.

I personally prefer to pay for quality, which is what I'd say (mt) are aiming for.

You pay for quality
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

I can't think of a host with a better website, that's for sure.

Never seen any bad reports about them, i think we've had one customer migrate from there but no idea why, may not be a bad reason.

If i was looking, then mediatemple would be very high on my consideration list mainly because of their site, and i don't think they are expensive.
    Hyperconfused (™)

MediaTemple is excellent. I used their services awhile back before I found WHT and decided to give the WHT market a try. MediaTemple is a very good choice if you're willing to pay for their quality service.

For one thing, I don't like their design.
    It is too flash heavy...
    But their prices don't seem to bad...
    If you have seen www.netmyne.com...

Flash heavy? There isn't one flash animation on the site, trip meister flex.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

It's a very nice design!
    Royi Sher
    CatchyHost
    "We Catch Your Way Of Thinking"
    May Special @ CatchyHost

Originally posted by NexDog
    Flash heavy? There isn't one flash animation on the site, trip meister flex.
    you need to go to this index then http://www.mediatemple.net/index_flash.php

Originally posted by chwDA0503
    Does anyone see their prices as too expensive?
    As you're asking for opinions, I don't see them as expensive considering their product range. You're aware of course that they appear on macromedia's website as a coldfusion partner, and the only web host so directly promoted as such?

The wonderful part about life is the ability to make you own choices. MT has carved out a good reputation for themselves, and obviously make a decent profit offering the products they do. If you choose to host with a $99 a month server 'host' then you're welcome to do so.

In your position I'd at least give them some thought before writing them off on a forum.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

I want their control panel, It looks very nice.

No flash?
    But the page that loads for me is built solely on flash...
    Ok, the topmost part isn't, the rest is.

Originally posted by Hosemeyer
    I want their control panel, It looks very nice.
    I think it is a skinned version of Ensim WEBppliance.

Originally posted by jasonkw
    I think it is a skinned version of Ensim WEBppliance.
    Actually, it's their own custom designed and programmed control panel. They used to do web design, but no longer, they focus on web hosting now.

A plus to them is the fact that they run and operate their own data center.

Regards,
    Mark

Originally posted by Velostream
    Actually, it's their own custom designed and programmed control panel. They used to do web design, but no longer, they focus on web hosting now.
    Hmm..The user manual provided in the demonstration reads WEBppliance.

Originally posted by jasonkw
    Hmm..The user manual provided in the demonstration reads WEBppliance.
    I could be wrong, I was always told it was their own. Anyone know who's used their services?

Regards,
    Mark

Originally posted by Velostream
    I could be wrong, I was always told it was their own. Anyone know who's used their services?

Regards,
    Mark
    You are wrong. They have always used Ensim. They designed a few Ensim websites in the early Ensim days. While doing this, they set up hosting on .net and offered Ensim as the platform. They skinned it. Nothing more.
    BeDifferentSolutions | "For when Indian-based solutions just won't do."
    *We hire, train and manage extremely skilled technical support employees for your business*
    US and European Based Representatives | Dedicated and Semi-Dedicated Options | Level 1/2/3 Skillsets
    Expertise Since 1999 | www.bedifferentsolutions.com | info@bedifferentsolutions.com

Originally posted by UmBillyCord
    You are wrong. They have always used Ensim. They designed a few Ensim websites in the early Ensim days. While doing this, they set up hosting on .net and offered Ensim as the platform. They skinned it. Nothing more.
    Thanks for clearing it up! I now stand corrected.

Regards,
    Mark