Thumbs up Kudos to HostGator

Firstly, I want to thank Lance at HostGator.com for clearing up some issues I had with their company. I had a very bad experience with one of their representatives, Angela - I found her very rude and quick to call threats.

Basically, I thought I had cancelled my Dedicated hosting through them and unfortunately found out that even though I had received a refund through PayPal, that I was still getting billed. I apparently wasn't given the correct procedure to cancel...thus causing much un-needed confusion at their office.

Anyhow, Lance, one of their Support Operations Managers, called me directly and promptly got my issue resolved and was absolutely corteous and willing to Listen. And I'm sure he's heard every story there is in the book as to why a customer didn't pay their bill - but he listened and took care of everything for me...

Kudos, HostGator.

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 03-18-2006 at 06:41 AM.

Good job Lance!
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Yes i agree angela has no sense how to answer to queries had faced her before but she was no good.
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Yes, I was hosted with hostgator and some of there support staff can be a bit rude

pack ur bags angela , it is time to go ...........

For the sake of curiosity, what does "Kudos" mean? Which language?
    www.website-hostings.net
    Latest Article:
    Choosing a Web Host: Beware Marketing Tricks

alafoo:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3Akudos

That should cover it for you.

KGIII
    What Hosting Should Be
    A Blog as CMS, eBay, PR, and Ads?
    My personal email: KGIII <at> KGIII <dot> INFO
    Microsoft MVP 2003/2006 Categories: Shell/User and Internet Explorer (G³ Solutions)

This thread might get angela fired, glad to hear Lance was able to help you out

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali
    This thread might get angela fired, glad to hear Lance was able to help you out
    I highly doubt a single thread is going to get someone terminated with a company.
    Now if they're actually receiving legitimate complaints in regards to a certain representative I'm sure they'll have a few chats: but fired, over a thread?

If that were the case I would have been gone long ago!

Quote Originally Posted by David

Oh you would have been gone long ago from where ?
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Glad that it all worked out and that hostgator sorted out the support problem

This mistake was on our end completely and we appreciate you giving us all the facts which allowed us to come to the conclusion everything you told us was true and correct the situation. Angela made a mistake in judgment in this particular instance, but I will strongly stand behind her being a great worker that usually goes out of her way to help customers.
    Talking about having her fired over a mistake is crazy. Believe it or not me and lance get at least 10x the people thinking we should be fired. I do not believe there is a single employee, we have that someone has not tried to get fired before.
    The sad reality is when it comes to cancellations that we "forgot" to cancel the majority of cases are people simply trying to get months of service they used refunded in an effort to rip us off. This is why we do not do cancellations over the phone and require a ticket to be opened. It is very easy to spot those lying from being honest since all one needs to do is follow the ticket trail. Angela missed a ticket or two, or did not research at all (not sure) and this is were her mistake was made.

Thank you for your honest review! It is extremely refreshing to see something negative written about us, that actually happened the way it did. You did everything that you should have and could have to work with us on resolving it, and because of that we were able to solve your problem. Please let me know if there is anything else I can ever do for you.

hostgator.com, great, honest response, as my main man Ali-G says: "Respect"
    Webair Internet Development Inc.
    Shared Hosting • Managed Dedicated Servers • SEO
    1.866.WEBAIR.1 • www.webair.com • 24/7/365 Support • Adult Friendly
    My comments do not reflect the views of the company or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by alafoo
    For the sake of curiosity, what does "Kudos" mean? Which language?
    It means 'good job' essentially.

well, thats good to hear!

Hello,

I am going to be dead honest with you that is one of the most impressive response on a forum I have ever heard from a hosting company. We compete with hostgator in the industry and as many things as I have heard about them what they responded and how they did so is very impressive. Best of Luck to all of you.
    Synersis Media | Boutique Technology Marketing Agency

I am glad to see someone is sharing an experience of this type, where they have actually gotten an issue resolved, and yet take the trouble to post it on this forum.

Usually disgruntled people run to WHT to vent steam first thing they do, sometimes even without trying to contact the host first....

PS: Yes, and I also find the HG input very impressive! &#094; &#094; &#094; &#094;
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Quote Originally Posted by David
    I highly doubt a single thread is going to get someone terminated with a company.
    Now if they're actually receiving legitimate complaints in regards to a certain representative I'm sure they'll have a few chats: but fired, over a thread?

I said might

Two complaints in one thread, I figured everyone might be complaining about her and this thread was just an addition to the complaints but I guess I was wrong. I didn't mean that she should get fired or anything of that sort.

Quote Originally Posted by BHNSupport
    I am going to be dead honest with you that is one of the most impressive response on a forum I have ever heard from a hosting company.
    I don't see telling the truth as being "impressive". That should be the norm, although sadly these days it's far from the norm.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Looks as though someone is disgruntled on the hostgator forums!! Someone`s going to have a fun job cleaning up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    I don't see telling the truth as being "impressive". That should be the norm, although sadly these days it's far from the norm.
    Which makes seing truth stated without reserve, a bit surprising each time we see it.

In a way it goes to prove that doing the right thing might be enough to set yourself apart from the crowd these days. Sad for the customers, but kinf of good news for those just starting a hosting business.

22. I've been thinking about going to hostgator. Other then this how was your experiance with them and why did you decide to cancell!
    Looking for cheap advertising we've just opened the doors at http://www.mediablazenetwork.com
    TARGETED ADVERTISING for as little as 1/2 a penny per pixel.

I believe that everyone makes mistakes in life, and nobody should be fired over this. I've read the responses by Brent and am happy to see that nobody is getting fired.