Good managed VPS?

I'm a web developer with a client who is constantly being dicked around by media temple (random dns changes, slow site).
    I could put them on my own server but would rather not.

Probably looking at around 256-512 ram, cpanel/plesk. $30 USD.

My client should be able to get decent support without having to call me.

I would normally host on linode or slicehost, but I really want good suport in this case. Media temple is 10 hours for support or something rediculous.

I'd suggest you take a look at the vps offers forum. Many providers may meet your needs, and can provide specific feedback to you there.

Managed+cPanel/Plesk+256 ram will probably cost $35-45 for a reputable host. cPanel tends to be heavier on server resources.
    Last edited by shaki22; 04-16-2009 at 05:01 PM.
    In2net Network Inc. ( www.in2net.com ) : Providing Service Since 1996!
    Quick Sales Response - info@in2net.com
    Virtual Private Servers : VPS Hosting - Ask us about our Managed Hosting services, too!
    30-Day MoneyBack Guarantee

Wow never heard about that bad.
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

2 hosts that have been around for a long while and have good standings around here are liquidweb.com, and there are many others.
    Top VPS Hosting Providers
    See some of the best VPS hosting providers and learn about VPS Technology at
    Best VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by keyo View Post
    Probably looking at around 256-512 ram, cpanel/plesk. $30 USD.
    For cPanel usage, you should have 512MB RAM, not 256MB. And a managed VPS with 512MB RAM will cost more than $30. You might want to consider DirectAdmin control panel instead. It can run on 256MB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn View Post
    For cPanel usage, you should have 512MB RAM, not 256MB. And a managed VPS with 512MB RAM will cost more than $30. You might want to consider DirectAdmin control panel instead. It can run on 256MB RAM
    Agreed, great advice

Check the VPS Hosting Offers forum, in particular FutureHosting.com which currently offers:

20 GB SA-SCSI Disk Space
    700GB bandwidth
    Full root access - Install the software you want
    2 Dedicated IPs
    768 MB SLM RAM
    cPanel/WHM
    Fully managed
    $44.95 - 30% coupon code = $31.47 per month.

That's the best choice for your price range. Increasing your budget to $50 gets you access to the cream of the crop:

KnownHost.com - amazing uptime, support and speed
    ServInt.net - includes 24/7 phone support
    WiredTree.com - includes 24/7 phone support
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

you can take a look at FutureHosting.com. you can check with them in this forum

Wiredtree is meant to be really good. As well as Knownhost. I believe both have a special happening if you check the VPS hosting offer forums.

KnownHost.com are the only company I can recommend for VPSes - they're a very, very good company.

A bit out of your budget, although fully managed, 512 RAM and cPanel is well over $30, so you do need to either raise your budget or lower your requirements.

I've been with Spry for about 2 years now, little to no downtime, excellent support! i think they are at spry.com

I recommend you contact Future Hosting and see what they have to offer.

I have used Future Hosting for 2 years. The first server I leased was their lowest level VPS. And this month I leased my first dedicated server from them. FH has always provided me with the support that I needed, and at a reasonable price.

But I really suggest that you go with 512 of memory if your going to be using Cpanel.

I think you'd need to increase your budget a bit for a *managed* VPS.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

I have a dedicated system with Futurehosting.com, might want to try out their managed VPS, good deals right now i think.

i recommend futurehosting.com and almost 2 year with them and this month i start to dedicated server.

--------
    pusathosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by keyo View Post
    ...but I really want good suport in this case. Media temple is 10 hours for support or something rediculous.
    Out of curiosity, what are the types of requests that you or your client submit? This could help us suggest a managed VPS provider that fits your requirements.

Best
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    Server Management - Unlimited Servers. Unlimited Requests. One Plan!
    cPanel Varnish Plugin -- Seamless SSL Caching (Let's Encrypt, AutoSSL, etc)
    Slow Site or Server? Unable to handle traffic? Same day performance fix: joe@unixy