lfd notifications increasing dramatically.

I always get a few lfd notification emails to tell me that an IP address has been blocked due to probing etc, however over the last few weeks the number of these notification emails has been increasing dramatically.
    Not that I mind (other than having to delete the notifications) as it shows the server software is doing its job but I was wondering if anyone else had been noticing an increase?
    They seem to be coming from all over but particularly from Italy, Brazil and parts of Eastern Europe.

The increase in such notification means people from Italy, Brazil etc are trying to brute force in all the time. There is no need to worry if the passwords set for your server/accounts are strong enough. You can also lower down the login attempts allowed before the IPs are blocked in /etc/csf/csf.conf to be on the safer side.
    | LinuxHostingSupport.net
    | Server Setup | Security | Optimization | Troubleshooting | Server Migration
    | Monthly and Task basis services.
    | MSN : madaboutlinux[at]hotmail.com | Skype : madaboutlinux

Thanks, I was just wondering if many others were seeing such a rise, or whether it was just a local problem.

It'll be nothing to worry about. Could just be a spike, leave it a week or two and see if the alerts decrease.
    The Simple Host Ltd - Premium Quality European Web Hosting - Uptime Stats
    Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    15-Day Money Back Guarantee, Nightly Backups, Installatron, Softaculous, RVSiteBuilder PRO, Instant Setup - All as standard!
    Call (+44) 0845 300 9066 for more information.

The alerts have been increasing, so much so that I have configured CSF to automatically drop any connection attempts from the most prolific countries.