Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

I'm in serious trouble - HELP!

I did something really stupid and got ripped off. I'm 14 years old and I sold a design to someone who paid m with a stolen Pyapal account and now I'm out $600 because I bought a server with the money. My parents don't have that kind of money to bail me out and I'm freaking out (shaking uncontrollably). Taking bids on the server and, even though I don't deserve it, donations would save me right now paypal: smith_td11@hotmail.com

Server Specs:

Intel Celeron 2.4GHz 400FSB 128K Cache
    Giga-Byte 8I845GVM-RZ (video, lan, usb, ddr)
    2 x 512MB PC-2700 DDR 333
    Western Digital 160GB 2MB IDE HDD 7200RPM
    1U (200W, 1 slim cd, 2 hdd bays, 2 case fans)
    1U Heat Sink & Blower Fan For P4

This server is brand new. I have not even took it out of the box yet. It also has a motherboard utility cd, and manual with it, and its linux redhat 9.0 operating system
    Last edited by AustinS; 10-05-2004 at 08:38 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I just want to lend a bit of credibility to his post. I know Austin and what he says is true. He's not trying to scam anyone for donations. This kid has worked hard to get a server and, just when he thought he was ready to move forward, he learned a hard lesson by some slug of a person who ripped him off.

I commend him for trying to bail himself out, because his mom definitely doesn't have the cash to.

I believe this server probably retails for around $700...so a $600 bid would be a pretty good deal for somone.

Oh...and I donated $20 to the cause. Lets give the kid a hand!

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)
      0 Not allowed!

I'm really sorry to hear that mate!!!! Next time, try to be more caution!!!

I'll donate to you ASAP!!
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you so much to those who have helped me so far!!!!!!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Any offers?
      0 Not allowed!

Re: I'm in serious trouble - HELP!

Originally posted by AustinS
    I did something really stupid and got ripped off. I'm 14 years old and I sold a design to someone who paid m with a stolen Pyapal account and now I'm out $600 because I bought a server with the money. My parents don't have that kind of money to bail me out and I'm freaking out (shaking uncontrollably). Taking bids on the server and, even though I don't deserve it, donations would save me right now paypal: smith_td11@hotmail.com

Server Specs:

Intel Celeron 2.4GHz 400FSB 128K Cache
    Giga-Byte 8I845GVM-RZ (video, lan, usb, ddr)
    2 x 512MB PC-2700 DDR 333
    Western Digital 160GB 2MB IDE HDD 7200RPM
    1U (200W, 1 slim cd, 2 hdd bays, 2 case fans)
    1U Heat Sink & Blower Fan For P4

This server is brand new. I have not even took it out of the box yet. It also has a motherboard utility cd, and manual with it, and its linux redhat 9.0 operating system

Where is the server located? Is is ready to be shipped? Is it branded? If so, what's the warranty on it? What happens if it is DOA?

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Im from kentucky, Its ready to be shipped. Its brand new. And there is still a 2 year warranty on it. Its a RME server.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by AustinS
    Im from kentucky, Its ready to be shipped. Its brand new. And there is still a 2 year warranty on it. Its a RME server.
    What's RME and what happens if its DOA?
      0 Not allowed!

RME is rackmountsect

what is doa?
      0 Not allowed!

:( That Sad

I wish i could help you but i host a hosting business that i take care of because i know i feel that my clients come first before anything else.
      0 Not allowed!

is it possible too get a refund on the server? if you haven't open it, might be a good idea to try to get a re-fund... hope things works out for ya.
      0 Not allowed!

will you take almost 400.00 for the dedicated server
      0 Not allowed!

gazal what is your msn or aim so i can add you to my msn or aim list
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by 2fangs
    What's RME and what happens if its DOA?

Its from RackMountsEtc.com, where we get ALOT of our hardware. Brian, the owner of RME, is a good guy. I'm not sure if the warranty is transferrable, but we've never had any trouble with hardware from them.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)
      0 Not allowed!

I'm sorry to hear about that austin
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, Brian is high recommended on this forum. Any offers?
      0 Not allowed!

I'll second the credibility piece. Good guy, bad situation. Wish I could help you Austin!
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs