Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    I have a german server account down for several days now, no responce to tickets and email.

Quote Originally Posted by bbob1970 View Post
    I have a german server account down for several days now, no responce to tickets and email.
    And Sam wants a retraction. If it's not the server in egypt. It's the one in Germany. He's playing hopscotch with down servers/continents.

We are not playing hopscotch as you have stated and the server that the customer was on was migrated to a new server and all customers affected was sent email notification regarding this and I am sorry if this customer did not receive this notification

The server change was a planned change to condense the number of servers that we operate and to streamline the business to provide a better level of service to customers

I have also checked and could not see any active tickets in our support system

Quote Originally Posted by chilledhost-sam View Post
    ... to streamline the business to provide a better level of service to customers
    What about fixing and restoring services to those of us who have had no services for months?

Hi Sam,

I don't want to be disrespectful. And honestly, you are real lucky that all of this has been kept in this one thread. These disputes could have been spread over many and that could have done a lot more damage to Chilledhost then this single thread.

Sam, I am not a client of yours. I feel for your clients. I think I speak for them when I ask this one simple question. All it takes is one simple answer.

What is going on? You have posted brief messages on what you are doing, show us the big picture and a timeframe. What are your plans COMPLETELY, and how long is it going to take you to complete the task?

Sorry to hear about your problems, however for future reference, if a company is offering VPS services for only $5.95 per month, then chances are they are not a dependable company.

Quote Originally Posted by wwilson777 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your problems, however for future reference, if a company is offering VPS services for only $5.95 per month, then chances are they are not a dependable company.
    prolly right.. but then companies like burst.net are also providing at similar pricing.. what does that mean?? Are they not dependable. Mind you we have never used them before but they seem to have okish reviews here..

Quote Originally Posted by wwilson777 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HS-CB Matt View Post
    And Sam wants a retraction. If it's not the server in egypt. It's the one in Germany. He's playing hopscotch with down servers/continents.
    Before I was moved 3 weeks ago server was down for some time also and difficult to get a responce.

The company is selling seo hosting and guess why you take a german server, to host a german speaking domain. This will help rankings.

Now my new account has been moved to a chicago / USA server. I paid for Germany but getting something elso now.

Again a lesson to learn.

Stay away from these cheap ass hosting companies. In the end you it takes more time and money to move you accounts every x month whenever some of them go out of business. I still have 12 accounts seo hosting with them, not gone use them because it takes more than setting them up and moving them in x month than payin a few dollars more for good hosting.

same aplies to a vps, pay 10 dollars per month more and get a good hosting company.

Quote Originally Posted by under_gravity View Post
    prolly right.. but then companies like burst.net are also providing at similar pricing.. what does that mean?? Are they not dependable. Mind you we have never used them before but they seem to have okish reviews here..

You get what you pay, anyone can oversell server, in the end server costs a simular, support cost money and if you run a business and depend on a vps, pay a few dollars more. 1 or 2 downtimes per year or even moving a server if one goes out of business will cost you more in the end.

sure you can find reliable companies that don't overcharge and offer good prices, but read the forum here and see how many go out of business after a few month. For a beginner do some math how much can you make on a 6$ vps, you have to sell a lot of them to make some money if this is your only source of income.

Does this story have a happy ending?
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

No,
    This story can't end happily.
    They don't respond to support tickets for over 24 hours.

And, i have five accounts with them, three aren't working.

I have already shifted the other two accounts.

I am waiting for backup, but they are providing me older backup from 10th October.

I simply need backup, and they take really lot of time to get back.
    Get Best Prices for Domains - Secure payments via paypal using the Resellerclub interface. Sub Resellers invited. Hosting Companies i DON'T recommend anymore: MDDHosting, Hostgator, DownTownHost.

gdtechind do you have access to cPanel?

You should be able to generate your own backup and download via FTP. Oh, whoops, you said that the three accounts are not working. So you can't.

What does Sam have to say about that?

Yes, the server simply isn't responding. I am not sure, if its offline or they have changed the IP.
    If i was able to login, i would do everything without even asking any help from their terrible support.

I had sent a pm to Sam, he hasn't replied back.
    Get Best Prices for Domains - Secure payments via paypal using the Resellerclub interface. Sub Resellers invited. Hosting Companies i DON'T recommend anymore: MDDHosting, Hostgator, DownTownHost.

Quote Originally Posted by gdtechind View Post
    Yes, the server simply isn't responding. I am not sure, if its offline or they have changed the IP.
    If i was able to login, i would do everything without even asking any help from their terrible support.

I had sent a pm to Sam, he hasn't replied back.
    I am still in the same boat as you. Been sending emails to Sam and Support with no response.

Sam. You make all these promises and so far you have delivered very little!!

You've talked the talk ... now it's time to walk the walk!!

This is very unprofessional to not respond at all.

I am only waiting to get the latest backup from them, and i will not even think that i knew some company with name ChilledHost. This is the worst experience of hosting for me (after dedicated server issues with xlhost.com)

I am still in the same boat as you. Been sending emails to Sam and Support with no response.

Sam. You make all these promises and so far you have delivered very little!!

You've talked the talk ... now it's time to walk the walk!!
    I am amazed that you are still trying to get your sites backup with Chilledhost, if this is not the case then sure smack me for that, though, you must be quite desperate to keep on his tail in the slightest hopes of eventuating any form of data or reply!

It's been a sham from the beginning if you were to ask me
    l Dedigeeks • Shared • Wordpress • Dedicated • Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider • Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com • Managing Director • Service Superstars

I am asking as otherwise, i will have to do the work done over the past 15 days manually. And thats around 350 postings (not to mention the other data included, user signups and comments).

They are responding, but they aren't giving me the correct backups.

They are responding, but they aren't giving me the correct backups.
    There could only be one explanation to this

They don't have it. As they saying goes, you should always maintain more than 1 backup and should never rely on your provider to manage it for you.
    l Dedigeeks • Shared • Wordpress • Dedicated • Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider • Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com • Managing Director • Service Superstars

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    I am amazed that you are still trying to get your sites backup with Chilledhost, if this is not the case then sure smack me for that, though, you must be quite desperate to keep on his tail in the slightest hopes of eventuating any form of data or reply!

It's been a sham from the beginning if you were to ask me
    As I have said in previous posts, it's the principle of the whole thing. Also, as I have mentioned previously, I have other hosting and use Chilledhost as a backup.

And we can't just allow people/companies to get away with this poor behaviour.

Sam and Chilledhost should be held accountable for their poor service, dodgy practices and fraudulant behaviour!

Server has gone down 2 days now again and no prior notice or anything. Now support site is gone too.
    CoffinSupply

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345