Common Questions To Webhosts

I am trying to compile a questionaire for all the webhots before considering hosting with them.

1. I like discount offer but can I continue to get it as long as i am on your plans, unless you change the prices.

2. Do you offer Telnet, cron, Wildcard DNS (so that sb.example.com redirects to example.com/sb eventhough sb is not a (DNS) subdomain?
    This tells me how much advanced settings the host offers to the customers so that they can have utilise their server to the capacity offered.

3. Full DNS management?
    This is again an advanced question. But tells me if I can control the server in a much better way.

4. How many number of processes are allowed?
    Important. Tells me the difference between how much is offered and actually delivered. Instead of answering this question Hostgator.com rep told me the package (Baby - 5G/75G) allows 25 simultaneous connections. Hence Q5.

5. How many simultaneous MySql connections are allowed?
    Important. Tells me the difference between how much is offered and actually delivered.

6. Do you offer MySql DB size to be unlimited?
    For example 1and1.com offers 100MB db size per database. Small to me.

7. Do you offer custom error pages, .htaccess edits etc.
    .htaccess tells me how flexible the hosts is for the user.

8. which control panels do you support?
    I have cpanel to a good use. This is just a general question. Tells me how versatile my host is.

This may seem to be too advanced for a general use and a shared server. But who can positively answer these questions can be a really very good host.

I am still in the process of selecting the host. If anybody wants to share / add to this list please let us know.

Anybody who has already got the answers may most his observations as well.

I will be posting my observations here.

You're pretty demanding if you ask me Can you give me one hosts that can offer them all?

That seems like a well put together questionnaire. If those are your hosting needs then you should be able to get them since its what your interested in using.

good luck in your endevors
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions