ManageMyBox are Great

I just want to put in a positive review for ManageMyBox. I have had a dedicated server with them for about six months. Yesterday my sites got hacked. The guys at ManageMyBox went the extra mile to help me restore them. I had not been diligent in doing regular database backups but they came through and recovered the databases.

ManageMyBox have very reasonable prices and this latest incident makes them stars in my book.
    The Site Managers
    Premium web hosting services;
    Website design that's designed to SELL

Is the website that you have in your signature the one that is hosted with them?

Yes it is. I am still in the process of maintaining it though, after the hacker attack, so it may have some errors when you view it now.
    The Site Managers
    Premium web hosting services;
    Website design that's designed to SELL

I agree, MMB has been great for me. Good prices, good service, and a very reliable network. I've been with them for about a year (maybe more), and the server just keeps chugging along.

If your box has no problem they are good, if you have issue... their support is the worst.

I am with them for a year most of the time my server is ok and I hardly open a ticket to ask for help yesterday and till today it is not fixed yet... support is so slow and not helpful at all.
    Last edited by curiousman; 01-01-2008 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by curiousman View Post
    If your box has no problem they are good, if you have issue... their support is the worst.

I am with them for a year most of the time my server is ok and I hardly open a ticket to ask for help yesterday and till today it is not fixed yet... support is so slow and not helpful at all.
    Your issue is the only one sitting in the queue right now and needs an advanced PLESK technician to look at it.

The problem is in your account notes nowhere have you stated SSH is on an alternate port, so each time a technician comes to field one of your issues the first thing they have to do is get a datacenter technician to look at the server and figure out why SSH is inaccessible, then it comes back to the software technicians to field the issue. Meanwhile you submit a duplicate ticket which is handled by a different technician who also has no idea that SSH is on a different port and the process starts again...

I am updating your account notes now to state that this is the case and will ensure my staff update them when details are submitted in the middle of tickets in future. Though we do have forms available for you to update your server notes in the Control Center which most customers use.

I will send your issue with the correct port to access SSH on to our lead PLESK engineer who should be able to get your issue resolved shortly.
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

Is it really? I am also interested in their new plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Laws View Post
    Your issue is the only one sitting in the queue right now and needs an advanced PLESK technician to look at it.

The problem is in your account notes nowhere have you stated SSH is on an alternate port, so each time a technician comes to field one of your issues the first thing they have to do is get a datacenter technician to look at the server and figure out why SSH is inaccessible, then it comes back to the software technicians to field the issue. Meanwhile you submit a duplicate ticket which is handled by a different technician who also has no idea that SSH is on a different port and the process starts again...

I am updating your account notes now to state that this is the case and will ensure my staff update them when details are submitted in the middle of tickets in future. Though we do have forms available for you to update your server notes in the Control Center which most customers use.

I will send your issue with the correct port to access SSH on to our lead PLESK engineer who should be able to get your issue resolved shortly.
    HI Nick,

I just want to say I did replied the second ticket within minutes to your tech when he requested my port and access info but he took 11 hours to reply back!

And now My server is having constant network error when trying to access ssh. One of the tech stated that I keep trigger the apf and just simply turn if off. When I try to turn it back on I have hostname error and now I am unable to access ssh..

AND why does your tech simply closed the ticket when it is not resolved? All these problem occurs after the PLESK UPDATE and your tech is not helping. They are always pushing away the issue and accuse something else.

If this issue still cant be solve I am moving off.
    Last edited by curiousman; 01-01-2008 at 11:26 PM.

AND what the hell plesk 8.3 cannot support APF FIREWALL!? AND they have to remove it?
    Sir APF is probably not compatible with newer plesk versions so best to use the plesk firewall as already recommended. As for ssh, if you insist on turning APF on it's going to do this. I
    will have a tech remove APF this time so there are no more problems with it.
    ------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by curiousman View Post
    AND what the hell plesk 8.3 cannot support APF FIREWALL!? AND they have to remove it?
    Sir APF is probably not compatible with newer plesk versions so best to use the plesk firewall as already recommended. As for ssh, if you insist on turning APF on it's going to do this. I
    will have a tech remove APF this time so there are no more problems with it.
    ------------------------------
    They seem to be giving you the alternative of using the Plesk firewall though.