Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Elicitservers issues abound

Yesterday my email was being blocked because elicitservers ip has bad ratings. So I opened a ticket, actually 2 tickets for 2 different occurrences and I did not receive a reply after 24 hours. Again today while trying to send email it was again blocked and they were important... which emails aren't right?

Then, I go for lunch today only to find that my site and all my clients sites are down!! It has been over 1 hour already. Is it a PHP problem AGAIN?!

I have had service with them for over 1 year and it was great, this year, everything is changing and not for the better. I understand they are a fairly new host, but this is completely unacceptable.

I know I could search the forum, but seeing this is where I found out about Elicitservers to begin with, I am a little unsure if I should go with just any host who gets +++ from people. Could someone direct me to another canadian web host who can provide the uptimes they boast about?

Thanks.
    Jason

LevelHosting.ca I think that is them. They are good imo. I use them and have not had any problems.
    Currently hosting with SolidShellSecurity.com && awknet.com
    -- I give them both 10/10 ratings for support, uptime, fast servers, security and quality services =)
    I do freelance programming, server management, and web design work. =)

Unfortunately they don't offer reseller packages. They will soon, according to their site. Thanks... I would like to take advantage of their 50% off!

I'm in the same boat as you. The VPS I'm using with them is also down. Their entire website is down as well. Not looking real good.

I have some packages on Hawkhost and Crocweb (CA) - both since ~1y and both are ok.

I don't understand, why i am always so stupid to test a new host (like elicitservers) only to save some bucks / year...worthless.

Same deal here tami6699. My sites were blazing fast with them, and still are when things are running.

Chaotic-hostings, have you received credit for the last problem they had with PHP? I received a free year of hosting. The thing that is really burning me about this situation is that my clients can't even email me, seeing it's ALL down. I can only imagine the nasty emails I am going to have when/if this gets cleared up!

Here's hoping you had everything backed up locally!

No I'm fairly new with Elicit so I missed the drama with the PHP. I'm in the same situation with my clients. Their email going down is going to cause some serious problems that I'm not looking forward to.

I can't connect to their site or mine. WTH is going on with them
    I like stuff

Yes, i also get the mail with the 1 year free, but i don't care about it.

I am lucky...2 days ago a manual full cpanel backup

@denyed
    Look at crocweb, CA, they also have coupons here. Nice support and always up.

Fast guys...make your cpanel backups, server are (at the moment) back.

Oh yeah. Go go go. Back it up! lol

Working on it! **not happy**

Looking for Crocweb coupons. Anyway point me in the right direction?

Not so hard to find

Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Offers : Shared Hosting Offers

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1097459

I can't say I'm surprised, you do get what you pay for in the hosting world... hell, they have packages for less than $1.50/mo! Yikes. Take away the merchant fees and they are making pennies, never mind having to pay for servers and staff.
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

I have been attempting to download my cpanel files and always receive a "socket read fail" about half way through the download... frustrating.

No point in asking Elicitservers for help, seeing I still can't send email properly and they don't answer there tickets...

Did you get all your cpanel backed up. I just finished moving the ones I had there to crocweb.

Quote Originally Posted by smerrikin View Post
    Did you get all your cpanel backed up. I just finished moving the ones I had there to crocweb.
    I got everything backed up into a file, but having issues downloading them. I finally got a response from Elicitservers and all they do is blame it on a bad client. Seriously?! Issues have been too numerous with bad clients lately to keep using that excuse.

Crocweb has my attention. I have a new client coming on board in the next little while, perhaps I'll start them off on Crocweb, see how it goes.

Everything good on Crocweb, smerrikin?

Crocweb has been great for me. 100% uptime for the last 2 months that I have been with them. Server is always fast and ticket response time is under 5 min.

Crocweb is excellent...since ~ 1 year only 1 time server down (and that was only a announced hardwarechange).

You get a ticket answered? I don't get any answer and for my last ticket they need 9 days...

Here is their response to the issues they were having on March 15. It seems quite generic, so I figured all Elicitserver clients would benefit from it... somehow.

Allo,

Sorry for the slow reply, I guarantee you we are making improvements on our response times since at the moment they are definitely not acceptable, and we are aware of this. The new staff we hired is going to be out of frameworks/training as of Monday March 19th (tomorrow), and the work load per agent will be greatly improved as well as response times.

Just letting you know the issue was due to an abusive customer that has been removed from our networks, they caused an IP null route further up the chain at the datacenter due to excessive spamming/phishing/hacking/botnet and DDoS, this was the cause of the outage experienced on March 15th. We do have DDoS protection in place, this is not what caused the null route, but rather for IP reputation due to the alarming amount of TOS issues that customers accounts were producing, the entire IP range was at risk (within less than 1 day Spamhaus and many other RBL's blocked that entire IP range due to this customer). We had the null route lifted once all the compromised accounts had been removed from our network (which took a little to identify and link the problem accounts together).

We quickly communicated with Spamhaus and other RBL's and our IP ranges have been cleared and everything should be back to normal.

If you have more questions please ask!
    Thanks/Merci

First and foremost I would like to apologize for the problems experienced over the last couple months. While the issues were intermittent (mainly for shared/reseller services), we've managed to fully resolve any and all problems customers were having. We've been providing hosting services since September 2010 and did not have any issues at all until the last week of February 2012 when a major change in server configurations were made (for shared/reseller hosting, VPS's were largely unaffected). After many adjustments, we've managed to resolve the issues and stabilize the services with the new configurations, which didn't play nice at first with some of the custom configurations we had set per-account in the past (before the change). Most of the problems were with PHP functions being disabled and some websites throwing blank pages, particularly WordPress, causing seemingly "downed" websites, since PHP's "display_errors" is disabled in our production environments. This quickly caused a large buildup of tickets, which would explain the delays in responses. The last forum response by denyed details the short-lived outage experienced in March. After a rough past couple months, we're ready to bounce back and be better than ever as a hosting services provider. I personally agree that these issues should have never occured (particularly slow ticket responses), and its with that in mind that we are re-shaping the structure of our company to provide better support and services for our customers.

All customers, Shared/Reseller/VPS were credited accordingly due to the service issues.

I can understand the frustration and inconvenience this must have caused, and am truly sorry about that, but I can assure WHT that we're back to normal now, with new staff and server configurations optimized perfectly.

If anybody is still experiencing issues or has an unanswered ticket, I urge you to please send me a PM directly and I'll make sure it gets resolved quickly.

Thanks to everyone for your patience during the recent issues
    Last edited by elicitservers; 03-26-2012 at 03:49 PM.
    ElicitServers - Canadian hosting dedicated customer satisfaction! Shared/Reseller/VPS/Dedi/Colo
    100% redundant, 100% owned/maintained, GigE connectivity
    Offsite backups, 24/7 support (1-877-533-8993), 30-day money back | cPanel hosting

Its not important, how long do you haven't issues, its only important how you handle issues.

And your issue handeling is ... worthless

We didn't get your last credited, so don't talk about any things like that.

Are you not able to look into the ticket system, that we have to send you PM's?
    I have 2 tickets open since:
    15/03/2012 15:18
    only since more then 12 days open, so no hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by tami6699 View Post
    We didn't get your last credited, so don't talk about any things like that.
    All credits were applied, so this is why I mentioned it, each and every one of our clients got one. Please log into your account, and check again. VPS clients got 1 month worth of credit, shared/reseller clients got 3 months if they're billing cycle was monthly, and every other shared/reseller clients with different billing term received their equal billing term length as a credit (ie; quarterly got 3 months credit, yearly got 1 year credit). If you didn't get your credit, surely we are willing to apply it for you.

Are you not able to look into the ticket system, that we have to send you PM's?
    I have 2 tickets open since:
    15/03/2012 15:18
    only since more then 12 days open, so no hurry.
    Like I said, we had tons of clients (200-300) all sending in tickets at the same time, its easy for things to get lost at this rate, especially with the lack of staff we had before. We're clearing these up, but its going to take a little. So, if you want a quick resolution, PM me the ticket numbers and I'll look into it personally. And yes, we are hurrying, 12 days is not acceptable.

I'm not here to "excuse" our delays, I disagree with the delays as much as you do, so please there is no need to that claim we don't know how to resolve issues, because we do (this is why most of us are L2/L3 tech's for major Canadian ISPs, after all). I'm simply here to say sorry and that we're working hard on returning services back to normal (which they are) and improving support from here on out. Surely we've all had a bad experience sometime with something in life, its how we handle these experiences that build our character, and we're not "running" away from the issues that have arose over the past month. We're not going to sell, or "band-aid" the issue, we're going to fix it permanently and become a better host than we've ever been.
    ElicitServers - Canadian hosting dedicated customer satisfaction! Shared/Reseller/VPS/Dedi/Colo
    100% redundant, 100% owned/maintained, GigE connectivity
    Offsite backups, 24/7 support (1-877-533-8993), 30-day money back | cPanel hosting

Maybe you can reboot a linux machine, but your softskills are horrible. Think about your words, you are not in the position to be rude to customers.

Registration Date:
    12/01/2012
    Next Due Date:
    12/01/2013
    How is not the idiot and stupid...you or i?

A quick resolution? You are really a funny guy, i am waiting now since 12 1/2 day about a reaction...so no worry, 12 1/2 days response time isn't so hard and not really a problem, isn't it?

Its for us customers absolutly not interessting if you have a "tons" of 200 users or not and your excuses are ridiculous, wich business man comes with pretext like: "oh, we have 200 users and they write tickets - so we are not able to answer all of this tickets, its not a problem that some of you have to wait 14 days for a answer..."

and become a better host than we've ever been.
    Wow..i am impressed, really. From wich textbook you have it?

Your last long mail from 23.2 told us, that you have (supposedly) new support tech stuff, what did they do know, nothing like:

Response times on tickets will become nearly instant, and unless an issue needs escalation due to a policy/technical reason, will usually include the solution within the first response.

Registration Date:
    12/01/2012
    Next Due Date:
    12/01/2013
    How is not the idiot and stupid...you or i?
    Look for "Available Credit Balance".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails credit.JPG  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast