Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

budget vps with cpanel/whm

im looking for a vps to host my wordpress blog (budget less than $15 preferred)

requirement:

cPanel (will be great)

is it worth it to pay burstnet 17.50 for a ($5.95 vps + cpanel/whm license) ?

cPanel VPS license = $15/month. If you can find a VPS and a license for less than $15/month post it up so I can buy some.
    -Joe @ Secure Dragon LLC.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

that's fair is it worth paying $17.xx for cpanel/whm vps ? (burst.net)

damn! my current reseller account has cpanel/whm all incl with custom name servers @ $6.95

A reseller account may be better, do you really need a full VPS? Are you utilising some CPU heavy mods or a lot of memory or something? Do you have the knowledge to secure and maintain a VPS as you wont be able to stretch to a fully managed VPS for your proposed budget? VPS providers wont be paying $15 for cpanel, still your budget is quite tight, but it is doable from the budget VPS hosts.

well my site is using 2.x% cpu off a quad core xeon server and my host is not very happy about it is there any reseller provider offering at least 400-500mhz guaranteed cpu share ?

Shared accounts (Shared,reseller) are not guaranteed a certain amount of CPU/Memory Usage, If no one is happy with the usage that you are running up then it would be a great idea to just get a VPS, But if your looking for a VPS with cPanel/WHM for less than 15$ then its not going to happen, You can get a reseller with cPanel/WHM cheap because well, Your not having to pay for the license on a reseller, Your just given a larger chunk of a shared webhosting account and are given more privileges.

You might want to up your budget 5~10$ if your looking for get cPanel/WHM with a VPS, And even then your pushing your luck.
    QuadraNet Enterprises | Providing Secure Infrastructure Solutions to modern businesses since 2001.
    QuadraNet is a globally recognized cloud solution provider ​with the Best-in-class responsive 24x7 customer support.​
    Locations: Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle & Amsterdam.
    Andrew Moore andrew.moore@quadranet.com Visit https://www.QuadraNet.com

i already found a cpanel/whm vps for $17.XX

VPS Software: vePortal™ / OpenVZ™ CPU: 1000MHZ GUARANTEED Memory: 512MB GUARANTEED Disk Space: 20GB (RAID BASED CONFIG) Bandwidth: 1000GB/MONTH IP Addresses: 2 Management: BASIC MANAGED DDOS Protection: CISCO™ GUARD FREE SETUP $5.95/MONTH +

just wondering why no one is bothered to comment on this

BurstNET will probably be the few that you'll find cPanel/WHM for this price because they're such a large provider, they're able to offer lower prices on the licensing.

yeah but their support is kinda slow i am still waiting for some answers regarding site migration and control panel. let's wait and see lol

Maybe you should look into a new reseller account or upgrade your account? 2% CPU does not seem like something a host should be complaining about but as people have said the cpanel license is the expensive part for a budget vps.

yeah 2% is peanuts unless they are planning to oversell lol even that 2% happens occasionally like once in 6 hours

i think its better to stay away from burst.net lol not much positive reviews

next best alternative will be jaguar pc costs around $22.xx (384mb ram, cpanel etc)

any other suggestions ? your input is very much appreciated damn! finding a host is more complicated than getting married lol

If you are planning to run cpanel, make sure to have at least 512MB ram and 1GB ram is better so you can run more software.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

384mb will run cpanel but you wont have much wiggle room if your website runs with quite a few mods and gets a lot of traffic

I wouldn't use cPanel on a vps with only 384mb ram. I would rather use a shared hosting account than a VPS with 384mb ram running cpanel. For best performance at least get a vps with 512mb to 1gb ram. Also make sure to optimize your apache, php and mysql to get the most out of your vps.
    Learning...

i ordered a vps from iwebfusion.. well.. they got the fastest support imo :-)

Quote Originally Posted by NEAT View Post
    i ordered a vps from iwebfusion.. well.. they got the fastest support imo :-)
    Glad you found a host. They seem to be far over your budget from what I see (512MB with Cpanel with their special is over $30/mo).

Just curious what made you choose a VPS over reseller hosting and how you know they have the fastest support?

Do you know how to manage a VPS? There is a lot more entailed than a reseller account.

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx View Post
    Glad you found a host. They seem to be far over your budget from what I see (512MB with Cpanel with their special is over $30/mo).

Just curious what made you choose a VPS over reseller hosting and how you know they have the fastest support?

Do you know how to manage a VPS? There is a lot more entailed than a reseller account.
    512mb was out of my budget so i decided to stick with 128mb ram (without cpanel)

1% usage on a quad core xeon is roughly around 400mhz max (my resource usage) so i dont mind having my own isolated environment also note that i have only 4 sites but my main reason to look for an alternate option is my current hosts automatic suspension which is scary when ever my site spikes allocated resources that particular cpanel account gets suspended and im allowed to unsuspend a maximum of 3 times only.

no i dont think so but im kind of ok with control panel

regarding the support i actually sent support tickets and emails to several vps hosts specially to the ones advertised in top and side banners + vps offers

most of them backed off when i asked for site migration some demanded me ridiculous price tags to do a custom migration from cpanel/whm to other panels and lastly when i was about to give up hope i got a pm from iwebfusion john offering to help me out.. he was even ready to help me out in transferring my current blog and forum to webmin (free panel) while others were demanding me to buy cpanel etc so i can say that they are honest ( i know its too early for a review lol) also their support ticket reply time was almost instantaneous

additional details:

my site is not that big to worry about memory it is currently using 1.6mb sql + 80mb disk space ;-)

My opinion remains the same, you should have looked for a better reseller account. Now your stuck without cpanel and with limited resources. 128MB will max out really easily if your running LAMP.

I've not used them long, but I have had a good (although be it short)
    experience with xsserver.eu

Reasonable pricing, decent support.

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx View Post
    My opinion remains the same, you should have looked for a better reseller account. Now your stuck without cpanel and with limited resources. 128MB will max out really easily if your running LAMP.
    true i totally agree on that point

btw i still have my reseller account just in case if things go other way lol

do you think 256mb burstable ram will do any good ?

my current VPS 10GB/150gb/128MB/Direct Admin $12.50

If you are on a reputable shared/reseller hosting company and they suspended your account because of high resource usage chances are your VPS will not survive that traffic spike. Most people think that a vps with 128mb or 256mb will perform faster than a shared account but the truth is a shared server will still be faster if it is not oversold and managed properly.
    Learning...

i'll keep you guys updated

server is active now please check following screenshot to get an idea about the memory usage (w/direct admin)

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/3860/44657190.jpg

Glad to see you found a good host

And less than 130MB usage, not bad at all.

Well you are almost using your burst ram which is not good since it is not always guaranteed to be available to you. Please keep us updated on the status of your new VPS Goodluck
    Learning...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast