Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WHMCS Only or WHMCS with Kayako eSupport

Hi,

I've have a question for users that has used kayako with WHMCS.

I have installed WHMCS on my server and I have a kayako eSupport license but I'm not sure if I should stick with WHMCS only or if I should go ahead and intergrate Kayako eSupport in WHMCS.

Would it be possible to get some opinions please?

Warm Regards,
    Pat

I use Kayako for support instead of the built in desk in WHMCS. I feel it's more robust and also ties with other Kayako products I use like the chat and Instaalert.
    Nothing wrong with the desk in WHMCS, it's just not as good as a dedicated app like Kayako, I feel.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

I stick with just the WHMCS built in system for now. If you get a wide range of packages from Kayako, then I would say yes use the eSupport, but if you don't have anything else from Kayako then I don't see the reasons for doing so.

Both are good systems, but if you don't have a bundle from Kayako then there really is no need
    Crissic Solutions, LLC - Affordable VPS Solutions.
    Our business is based on Honesty & Transparency!

We've found that WHMCS's helpdesk is more than sufficient for our needs. However, Kayako is certainly the more robust, user-friendly and feature packed trouble ticket system.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

WHMCS with Kayako should be a better solution.

Kayako and other "help desk" solutions provide much more features that WHMCS built-in help desk.
    WebHosting.com.bd - Web Hosting Bangladesh
    DomainDokan.com - Domain Registration Bangladesh

Save the cost and just use the helpdesk in WHMCS. I am sure Matt from WHMCS will be updating it sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.G View Post
    I am sure Matt from WHMCS will be updating it sooner or later.
    ....or never.

WHMCS is a client management and billing system. It isnt being developed actively for "Support" system, which we may call advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by dec684 View Post
    ....or never.

WHMCS is a client management and billing system. It isnt being developed actively for "Support" system, which we may call advanced.
    Web Hosting Manager's Complete Solution.

It manages everything so far, but some parts of the system are not as robust as others.

Quote Originally Posted by dec684 View Post
    ....or never.

On the contrary of what you may beleive -- Matt @ WHMCS has asked users what they like most about Kayako's eSupport. What would this mean? Matt is intending on making a more ROBUST Piece of software that will make it so that no one will have the need (or want) to integrate another product..

Which IMO is a good idea (however, I still prefer to have Kayako )

If you Already have the Kayako license, Go with WHMCS + kayako.
    Kayako is better But i believe WHMCS wil upgrade the Ticket system sooner or later.

WHMCS should have a software as Instaalert, this is the problem.

Thanks everyone for you feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Dixtech1 View Post
    WHMCS should have a software as Instaalert, this is the problem.
    Someone already made one.

As far as kayako, dont use it unless you HAVE to, I completely loathe them. The support desk of whmcs will work for most purposes.

There are plenty of free live support solutions you could use. Why would you use something expensive like kayako?
    TWC, LLC - USA based w/ three teams behind us!
    We will beat any web development or design quote

http://totalwebcentral.com/

I would say Kayako Wins. It has some good features as well as notification via SMS.

I personally feel Kayako is better

Quote Originally Posted by James Peter View Post
    I would say Kayako Wins. It has some good features as well as notification via SMS.

I personally feel Kayako is better
    Every cell phone in the US has an email address associated with it. SMS is not even considered a feature (plus you have to pay kayako extra for it) in my book since I can receive text messages through an email address.

I was thinking of the same thing . I think I will stick with just WHMCS because it knows all the clients details. Using one app to manage a company is easier than using multiple.

Quote Originally Posted by MountedWeb View Post
    I was thinking of the same thing . I think I will stick with just WHMCS because it knows all the clients details. Using one app to manage a company is easier than using multiple.
    I agree 100%. Its a royal pain to deal with a support application that doesnt even have the clients data.

I stick with just WHMCS because it knows all the clients details also
    WHMCS Services / City Tecks
    WHMCS Development | Blesta / WISECP Developer

The integration sucks... we use both, but really... the integration sucks...

Hoping for some good news with the next whmcs or kayako.

Quote Originally Posted by MACscr View Post
    Every cell phone in the US has an email address associated with it. SMS is not even considered a feature (plus you have to pay kayako extra for it) in my book since I can receive text messages through an email address.
    Mine has an email address. But my provider got smart. You have to signup for their email to text service. So then when you get an email to that number - it tells you you have a message and to hit reply to get it.

So you might get free incoming text - but then have to send that "reply" to get the email - so they get you that way and charge for sending that text.
    Meanies. Have to look into their text packages now.

Well this isn't exactly what the OP was asking about....but...i'm going to go out on a limb here and throw my vote in for Saeven CRM....

I have it very well integrated into my WHMCS setup, login share, cookie share, the works....the WHMCS support system is nice, it's simple.....but it lacks a lot of advanced functionality. I just submitted some code that i wrote up today for the WHMCS and SCRM integration.

Head over to the WHMCS forums to check that out....
    Robert Navarro
    Phiivo.com
    Fun, Personal, Programming!

I would get WHMCS with the Kayako Support Suite.

We use Kayako+WHMCS because we use the advanced features of Kayako, like the SLA, Teamwork, etc... Make sure if you integrate Kayako you check the WHMCS forums for some nice mods that make the integration better.

i use WHMCS with Kayako because kayako has user friendly ticket view and send ticket and etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast