How should i make my site ?

Hey

So my site is made in HTML and CSS and some other bits and bobs, But every time i need to change something its about 30-40 pages i need to change,

So i am looking for maybe a CMS like wordpress ? But i cant pay for a theme and WP dont have any free hosting themes.

Thanks Very Much, Alexander

Use Rvsite Builder or frantastico Installed Servers (there U can Find so Many Scripts To instal )
    DSH:Demo Hosting: Cheap Unlimited Hosting : Cheap Unlimited Reseller Hosting :Skypee dshhost

Why not code it to include things such as a header and footer file, I'm assuming those are where the changes are happening. Then you only edit one file and it is live for all your pages.

Nice theme btw, looks very clean

Quote Originally Posted by Gallitin View Post
    Why not code it to include things such as a header and footer file, I'm assuming those are where the changes are happening. Then you only edit one file and it is live for all your pages.

Nice theme btw, looks very clean
    +1 to this idea. Simple PHP include file. If you need the code for this, drop me a PM and i'll send you over the basic code for it.
    Exit3 Creative - UK Based Web Development, Graphic Design & Brand Identity
    Extensive Portfolio | Experienced Team | Competitive Rates | Fully UK Based
    RAR Accredited Agency | Designers Accord Members | UKWDA Accredited Agency
    UK: 0141 846 0020 | US: 866-338-EXIT | AU: 03-9013-EXIT | Check Out Our Portfolio

Also, couldn't your style sheet be included as well? Then any edits will be show site wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallitin View Post
    Also, couldn't your style sheet be included as well? Then any edits will be show site wide.
    Isn't a style sheet included on each page anyway?
    UK: 0141 846 0020 | US: 866-338-EXIT | AU: 03-9013-EXIT | Check Out Our Portfolio

Well yes, but I don't know if maybe he is using more than 1 and they should be combined or something. Guess I said that wrong.

Sorry, wasn't having a go

No worries

Wordpress.org does not provide any good hosting theme. So, try to search in Google free hosting theme. There are some template and theme sites which offer free hosting themes.

I use Joomla for a lot of my sites, making themes for it is pretty easy and there is a HUGE selection of ready made themes to choose from, is a lot less hacker friendly too.

Quote Originally Posted by side3 View Post
    +1 to this idea. Simple PHP include file. If you need the code for this, drop me a PM and i'll send you over the basic code for it.
    Or this with html includes. It works wonders for universal header/footer uniformity. Middle content can vary all you want.

<!--#include file="footer.html" -->
    Granted you can also use it for universal sidebar widgets as well. It will pull in whatever html code is in the file.
    Last edited by MikeTrike; 04-18-2012 at 03:37 PM.

13. WordPress has thousands of free themes if you do some searching. Even some of the paid themes you can find for $20. There are hundreds of companies online that cater directly to building original WordPress themes of good quality for reasonable prices. You could also look in the Design Job Offers & Requests section of this forum and find someone who could build you a custom theme.

May be i can give you a good wordpress template for free, what style you look for ? blog, magazine, business ! or why not convert your existing HTML to Wordpress ?
    The Wordpress developer Modem Router

PSD to XHTML, PSD to HTML5, PSD to Wordpress, HTML to Wordpress, Custom PHP/jQuery Apps

For HTML site you can create templates for different part of your website like template for Header and Footer, Sidebar and different part.

For WordPress CMS you can find any good business theme for as per your designs and install WordPress at Free Coast.

Cheers

Thanks everyone, I went with wordpress now See : http://www.mehost.co.uk Its not a hosting theme but i think it looks really good !

Just dont know how to make a hosting page

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderr View Post
    Thanks everyone, I went with wordpress now See : http://www.mehost.co.uk Its not a hosting theme but i think it looks really good !

Just dont know how to make a hosting page
    Looks good ! need more work of course ..

There is a lot of Wordpress hosting templates ! pm me if you need help
    The Wordpress developer Modem Router

PSD to XHTML, PSD to HTML5, PSD to Wordpress, HTML to Wordpress, Custom PHP/jQuery Apps