namecheap - observation

I have recently transferred a couple of domains to namecheap. To be honest, the original reason was because of the discount codes that were offered that made it attractive for me to keep a couple of domains that I might have originally just let go at the going price of domain renewals.

I just want to say this for what it is worth, and it just a personal observation. I have tested the live chat system in the past couple of weeks at all different times of the day and have always been able to speak with someone. Of course, I did not have any direct questions, but just knowing that I can actually contact someone 24 hours a day, and someone respond.... speaks volumes.

I have a lot of domains, and rest assured I will continue to do my due diligence and not just base my decisions on 24 hour live chat, but let me tell you..... just being able to speak to someone immediately relaxes me.

I had one transfer from one registrar to namecheap that went smoothly and did not need the assistance of live chat, and then I had another transfer from the same registrar that did not go as smoothly and I used their live chat. They opened a ticket to their support and my transfer got back on track, and it was no fault of namecheap. I just love being able to speak with someone..... and hope the guys at namecheap know that some out here appreciate the little things that go along way.

Of course, I don't put all of my eggs in the same basket.... but I will slowly add to the basket until it becomes full.... as long as they continue to do the simple things that make people feel comfortable.
    Mike

Mike,

It's great to hear you've had a positive experience with us so far and live support has helped you out. I will show our live support team this thread, it will be very rewarding for them.

Matt
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

I also use Namecheap services and very satisfied!

Hey I have a few renewals coming up this month at namecheap, can you share the renewal coupon code? If i ask them they require me to have atleast 50 domains with namecheap, which i dont.

Thanks,

I found Namecheap great and support excellent - had to use support a few times.

Some domains cannot be ordered through their automated system, as well as sometimes SSL doesn't show - all fixed within minutes when I inquire.

They usually know what's up before I finish asking the question and fix it for me immediately.

The only draw back: I was asked to reveal 4 digits of my PASSWORD. Maybe a security clearance pin would be better.

Actually the code that I used was for transfers to NC, and not a renewal code for domains currently with NC.

Using the transfer code, meant that I could renew them for another year by transferring them, and saving me a couple of bucks, while also getting whois privacy in the deal as well.

I am not sure what the renewal codes are for current domains registered with NC.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by redmeds View Post
    I am not sure what the renewal codes are for current domains registered with NC.
    Just contact live support and ask

(There may be an unofficial minimum of domains that is needed to be entitled to a discount, but some times you get lucky).
    StarkServers.com | Premium Quality Network and Servers
    StarkVPS | Automated and Complete Virtual Private Servers
    Locations | Los Angeles/Oregon (West Coast), Denver/Chicago (Central USA)

I agree. WE have used Namecheap for years and have never had an issue with them.

The few times we needed support the problem was solved. Nice to see Namecheap represented here.

Quote Originally Posted by StarkServers View Post
    Just contact live support and ask
    I am not looking for them... I was just responding to ****..
    Mike

I also agree that Namecheap support is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Reseller order View Post
    Maybe you could have a try with ResellerOrder,price is under $6.99.
    But that requires a large deposit which I don't think OP is looking to do.
    Toeki - a Fikarast Co., Ltd. business (Accredited .WS & CentralNIC Registrar)
    We accept PayPal, Bank Transfers and all crypto currencies (BTC, ETC, LTC ...etc)
    █Domain Registration http://www.toeki.net

Yep I agree...I have quite a few domains with then and it is brilliant there!