Cool $70/month for a managed dedicated server & 300GB Bandwidth!

For a limited time only, we are offering MANAGED closeout Nocster servers at dirt cheap prices. There are only a few left of each. Nocster will provide support directly to you, no waiting for us to foward support tickets!

Intel Celeron 400Mhz
    256MB SDRAM
    20GB IDE Hard Drive or 9GB SCSI Hard Drive
    300GB Bandwidth
    5 IP Addresses
    Red Hat Linux 7.3
    $80 setup
    $70.00/month
    Add CPanel5/WHM for only $20 monthly!

Intel Celeron 700Mhz
    256MB SDRAM
    300GB Bandwidth
    5 IP Addresses
    Red Hat Linux 7.3
    $80 setup
    $78.00/month

AMD Duron 800Mhz
    256MB SDRAM
    300GB Bandwidth
    5 IP Addresses
    Red Hat Linux 7.3
    $80 setup
    $78.00/month

----- Limited time: discounted XMAS sale servers (see http://www.nocster.net/presale.shtml for any extra details) ---------

Intel Celeron™ 1Ghz
    512MB SDRAM
    20GB IDE Hard Drive
    300GB Bandwidth
    5 IP Addresses
    Red Hat™ Linux 7.3
    3-Month Advance Payment, monthly billing after that
    $0 Setup
    ONLY $90/month!

Intel Celeron™ 2Ghz
    512MB SDRAM
    300GB Bandwidth
    5 IP Addresses
    Red Hat™ Linux 7.3
    $0 Setup
    $100/month

NEW! HD UPGRADES FOR THE CELERON 1 & 2 Ghz XMAS SALE SERVERS! - Upgrade from a 20GB to 40GB drive: One time fee of $40
    Upgrade from a 20GB to 60GB drive: One time fee of $45
    Upgrade from a 20GB to 80GB drive: One time fee of $50

Updated - More XMAS Sale Pricing:
    P4 1.8GHz with 60GB IDE Hard Drive for $108/month (3 month prepayment required)
    P4 1.8GHz with 18GB SCSI Hard Drive for $117/month (3 month prepayment required)
    P4 2GHz with 80GB IDE or 36GB SCSI Hard Drive for $125/month (3 month prepayment required)
    P4 2GHz with 73GB SCSI Hard Drive for $142/month (3 month prepayment required)
    All of the above 4 servers come with 512MB RAM, 5 IPs, and 300GB bandwidth.

IP to trace/ping: 64.191.30.244
    Current BW Providers: Sprint, AT&T (AT&T will be dropped soon, and replaced with NTT/Verio and Global Crossing - edit: instead of NTT/Verio, it will be a Level3 line!)

Want any other Nocster server at a cheaper price? Just email me, and I can give you a quote. All payments must be done via PayPal. We will be launching our dedicated server website soon. Any questions?

Thanks,

Matt Leibner
    mleib@mainarea.com
    http://www.MainArea.com
    Last edited by mainarea; 12-17-2002 at 05:00 PM.

Intel Celeron™ 2Ghz
    512MB SDRAM
    300GB Bandwidth
    5 IP Addresses
    Red Hat™ Linux 7.3
    $0 Setup
    $100/month
    I did love the specs NOCSTER has on that server, but the 20 GIG harddrive is somewhat out of place. There should be at least a 40 GIG drive in there. Any chance you can do some negotiating?

Also, any chance they'll budge on the 3 month prepayment? I was going to try contacting them directly and offer them a 3 month contract instead of the prepayment. I just don't want to fork out 3 month worth of fees right now.

Who would we contact for support? NOCSTER or you, or both?

Last but not least, what pricing can you get on the P4, 2 ghz machines in the X-mas sale (the $149 a month machines directly through NOCSTER)?
    Proud member of the RIAA closed quaters combat cell !!!
    You'd better drop that CD-R before I shoot you !!!

I did love the specs NOCSTER has on that server, but the 20 GIG harddrive is somewhat out of place. There should be at least a 40 GIG drive in there. Any chance you can do some negotiating?
    Another 20GB drive in that machine would cost a $45 setup fee and $10/month - or I could offer you the P4 1.8Ghz for only $108/month (comes with a 60GB drive ).

EDIT: A 40GB harddrive upgrade on that (not a second HD) is a one time fee of $40, to a 60GB is $45, and to a 80GB is $50.

Also, any chance they'll budge on the 3 month prepayment? I was going to try contacting them directly and offer them a 3 month contract instead of the prepayment. I just don't want to fork out 3 month worth of fees right now.
    Nope, even I can't get that waived (Sean said "No, this requirement is not based on our billing dept's needs, but rather to subsidize the initial costs of this higher end hardware.")

Who would we contact for support? NOCSTER or you, or both?
    For billing issues, contact us. For support, contact Burst/Nocster.

Last but not least, what pricing can you get on the P4, 2 ghz machines in the X-mas sale (the $149 a month machines directly through NOCSTER)?
    I can give that to you for $125.

Thanks,

Matt Leibner
    mleib@mainarea.com
    Last edited by mainarea; 12-12-2002 at 11:27 AM.

I forgot to mention this about the XMAS Sale servers - Delivery of servers for pre-orders will begin Monday, Dec 16th. Also, we can provide some hardware addons at discounted monthly prices (all hardware upgrades will have a discount on the setup fees), please ask - hardware addon prices are quoted on a case by case basis. Also, the GRSecurity Patch Update is being sold at $55 (one time fee), instead of $65.

Thanks,

Matt Leibner
    mleib@mainarea.com

i'm confused, how come you pay for nocster at a higher price and resell it for lower price? u like losing money?

512mb more RAM

How much is 512MB upgrade RAM?

Is there any other mode of payment except gaypal? i mean paypal?

Originally posted by onekit
    i'm confused, how come you pay for nocster at a higher price and resell it for lower price? u like losing money?

Bulk discounts

Re: 512mb more RAM

Originally posted by neospeed

Is there any other mode of payment except gaypal? i mean paypal?
    lol

how much are upgrades?

how much is an upgrade to
    60gb 80gb hd
    1Gb Ram (another 512)

ai'm confused, how come you pay for nocster at a higher price and resell it for lower price? u like losing money?
    We like to lose money, our financial plan was created by Enron's accountants . Nocster resellers get discounts. I'm an authorized reseller - you can contact Nocster to verify this - Mention the email address admin(at)mainarea.com .

$22/month with a $65 setup fee.

60 GB second HD - $18/month with a $45 setup fee.
    80 GB second HD - $22/month with a $50 setup fee.

We do not take any other payment method besides paypal (you can still use your credit card, though). At this time, payment is by paypal subscription only, in order to simplify the billing system on our end and our payments to Nocster.

Thanks,

Matt Leibner
    mleib@mainarea.com
    Last edited by mainarea; 12-11-2002 at 07:11 PM.

any nocster people here?

How do I sign up ? I wanna setup the server w/ my own nameservers.

After i have signed up, who will report to me about server info? and how to get started? should i contact you or nocster?

thanks

any nocster people here?
    Do you mean Nocster staff or customers? If you are looking for staff, you can PM BurstNET (Sean R.). If you are looking for customers, you can ask me (I'm not only a reseller).

How do I sign up ?
    Please email sales@mainarea.com with your requested package, and I'll give you any details, and get your information.

I wanna setup the server w/ my own nameservers.
    This can be easily done with CPanel/WHM, a $20/month addon (great for people who don't know much about linux commands & software), or manually through BIND.

After i have signed up, who will report to me about server info? and how to get started? should i contact you or nocster?
    XMAS Sale servers will be set up starting on the 16th, and for other servers, setup time varies. Once the server is setup, we will give you all of your server information, such as IPs, etc... Nocster will directly provide technical support to you.

Any other questions?

Thanks,

Matt Leibner
    mleib@mainarea.com

I'm looking into getting a larger harddrive in the Celeron 1Ghz and 2Ghz for an extra fee, I'll let everyone know later.

- Matt

Upgrades on the 1Ghz and 2Ghz Celeron, only available on setup. These are not second HDs:

Upgrade from a 20GB to 40GB drive: One time fee of $40
    Upgrade from a 20GB to 60GB drive: One time fee of $45
    Upgrade from a 20GB to 80GB drive: One time fee of $50

Thanks,

Matt Leibner
    mleib@mainarea.com

Any chance of one time fees for the 512 MB memory upgrade ?

Also - the P4 2 GHz servers, is that DDR or PC133 SDRAM ? And is it the Willamette or Northwood model P4 ?

Just for my knowledge,

If you take the whm/cpanel package with it, would you be able to have multiple resellers each with whm/cpanel on it or just one?
    Travellers' Nest, Travelling the world with you
    http://www.travellersnest.com

Multiple.

Since that would require another 512MB (not being replaced with a 1GB), that would unfortunately require a setup and monthly fee (I don't like this too much either, I have my own server at Nocster), but I don't think they'll change that anytime soon.

Also - the P4 2 GHz servers, is that DDR or PC133 SDRAM ? And is it the Willamette or Northwood model P4 ?
    From Nocster: "Either RAM. Which ever you choose to have". As for the P4 model, "The model of P4's varies. Usually it is what we can get the best deal on, providing they are quality".

If you take the whm/cpanel package with it, would you be able to have multiple resellers each with whm/cpanel on it or just one?
    Silversurfer is right, you can have as many resellers as you want.

Thanks,

Matt Leibner
    mleib@mainarea.com
    http://www.mainarea.com
    Last edited by mainarea; 12-12-2002 at 04:17 PM.

mainarea, can you define what you mean by "managed"? What, exactly, does this include?

Thanks.
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

For Nocster, managed = Reboots, support, upgrading the inital RedHat kernel installed (2.4.18-3, if you wish), and other small tasks.

Thanks,

Matt Leibner

Originally posted by mainarea
    For Nocster, managed = Reboots, support, upgrading the inital RedHat kernel installed (2.4.18-3, if you wish), and other small tasks.
    Does it include software upgrades like security fixes, etc.. ie: The recent BIND fiasco.. would nocster do this fix for free? Is the software actually managed on an ongoing (requested) basis, or is it just the initial setup that is "managed"?

Thanks.
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Does it include software upgrades like security fixes, etc.. ie: The recent BIND fiasco.. would nocster do this fix for free? Is the software actually managed on an ongoing (requested) basis, or is it just the initial setup that is "managed"?
    From Nocster, regarding the BIND fiasco fix - "Yes, we can do that."

CPanel/WHM has a software, control panel, and script updater, that will install any new/fixed versions of basic server software, such as exim, bind, cppop, apache, php, perl, etc...

Thanks,

Matt Leibner

Great News!!!! Nocster decided to allow one time fee payments for some upgrades and addons, please contact me directly, pricing varies by server.

Thanks,

Matt Leibner