Threaded View

what i am doing about a paypal dispute

i had this guy contact me, saying he found me here at WHT. he wanted some phpbb icons designed for his forum.

first he makes it sounded like he wanted an entire set, so i gave him a low per icon quote, assuming he actually wanted to entire set. then he said he only wants two. ok fine... so i sent over the paypal invoice and he pays it...

he stated to me that he wanted the icons design INTEGRATED with the subsilver design but he wanted his logo put in it. ok fine we do that (i hire out for this) then he says he is REALLY pleased blah blah blah (ya i have all the emails)

then he sends me a link to the winamp forums and says he changed his mind that he wants them like theirs. ok fine, so i have the guy do that. then he says he wants them 16x16 and so on... i warn the client that this was NOT going to look good. but he didnt care.

so, the guy says, sorry i dont like those, ill just go ahead and take the first set you made.

ok fine. then the problems start, he starts calling, he starts emailing asking for a refund, although my site clearly states that we have a no refund policy. i responded once informing him of how he signed off on it and that the graphics person was paid and that we dont work for free!

so of course, i just get a paypal email, luckily, i talked to paypal and they are on my side because of the type of claim he filed, saying it was a product and he never received it, that is fraudulent!

in any event, looks like this will go my way, but in the event that it doesnt, ill simply take the guy to collections!

i dont know why people think they can change their mind several times and get endless amounts of revisions!

just curious what you guys normally do when someone tries to do this.

Last edited by Project X; 02-18-2005 at 06:19 PM.
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!
      0 Not allowed!