I never see anyone mention my host - westhost - on any web hosting site or forums. I'm happy with them and I find it strange that no one has heard of them. I just ran a search here an there were no matches.

You always see the same names like hostingmatters, hostrocket, burlee etc. How come? Are they really that much bigger?

Ah-ha

They offer unlimied bandwidth
    Neil Graddage
    WAS proud to be hosted by by Servus.ws

"Unlimited" Bandwidth <-- avoid them like plague

: flamethrow

Nothing but good news.......

We've only ever had good reports about them.

Many times no news is good news
    If you are happy with their services, and not much is said about them, then you have found a gem to hold onto. I have sites at many hosts, and the ones I like best are hardly ever mentioned (Lexiconn and Saturnservices to name my favorites). Personal service and satisfaction go further than big name hosts anyday!

- John C.

Yes Lexiconn is another one we hear excellent reports about. We interviewed their Jason P. McGrath, President/CEO a few months ago.

http://www.webhostdir.com/hostreview/pastreview.asp

WestHost's 'unlimited bandwidth' stretches to

3 GBs.

(it's stated in their TOS when you actually get to the signup form)
    My 2 Cents.... (or is that 2.2 cents inc. GST...?)

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.

That's right and I'm fully aware of that. I know that their ads say unlimited bandwidth and I also know that their TOS are more specific

As far as I know (and maybe I should check for changes), my hosting plan comes with 9 GB bandwidth and that's more than enough for me...

Anyway, I'm glad to hear some people have heard good things about them.

Thanks!

WestHost's 'unlimited bandwidth' stretches to 3 GBs.
    I believe that the limit only applies to special sites such as commercial sites and download sites. I hosted a site with them that went well over 10GB/month without a problem. One interesting thing is they reduced my disk space limit from 25 MB to 15 MB. I never emailed support about it. I am not sure if it was an accidental error or if they were trying to reduce my bandwidth.

I would recommend West Host, even that they do have unlimitted bandwidth. They have had the best uptime of any of the approximately ten hosts I have been with. Customer support is decent. I usually received intellegent responses in under 6 hours. I thought their prices were quite fair.

As another poster said, if you search review sites you will find lots of other positive comments about this host.

Thumbs up

I have heard good things about WestHost also. Are they co-located or resellers of OLM?

Originally posted by Scott
    I have heard good things about WestHost also. Are they co-located or resellers of OLM?
    I use their service on 1998.
    Great support, fast server.
    As long as I know they are not an OLM reseller.
    They have their own box.