Originally posted by Chicken:
    Awwwww... *sniff* - a story about goodness in the world. So rare these days!

Cheers cheers cheers!
    Not nearly as rare as you might think. In fact, while the stories are somewhat rare, the actual deeds are not. Watching the news can give people a slanted view of life and people. There are a lot of good deeds being performed daily. They just don't happen to be newsworthy.

If you look for the best in people, you will find it. If you look for the worst, you'll find that too. Each of us chooses what we find by what we look for.
      0 Not allowed!

I would just like to publically thank Annette for some help she gave me last night. Even though we are technically competitors and have never had direct contact before she promptly helped me to help one of my customers with a problem. If she would help a competitor like this, she must be awesome for her own customers! I definately recommend http://hostmatters.com .Thank you, Annette!

------------------
    Chuck Fox
    No setup charges!
    http://cfoxhost.com
      0 Not allowed!

Awwwww... *sniff* - a story about goodness in the world. So rare these days!

Cheers cheers cheers!
      0 Not allowed!

Heh, know what you mean about watching the news. I always find it odd that the "news" is actually a hour of "who got killed today" and by what means.

The top story is almost always the most horrific accident of the day. Pity.

I must say that working with children allows me to see kids playing with other children of different nationalities without much care as to who is what color. Sad that this gets lost somewhere for many people.

Still nice to read it every now and then!
      0 Not allowed!

Seriously, in my opinion there should only be competition between "good" and "bad" hosts. There is so many weird and horrible hosts out there, why would we want to competition against each other... there is plenty of customers around that I don't think that walking on anyone else's toes is necessary.

Of course, I am not much of a money guy. I am having fun doing what I do, thus I don't feel the need to "rule the world" or anything like that. I understand that there is not a lot of people thinking that way these days, but I think it is the way to go and be succesfull.

*DO NOT* try to act like Microsoft and get as much market as you can then start offering your own good *cough* products

------------------
    [Félix C.Courtemanche | Web Designer]
    [Head Designer | Co-Admin]
    [webmaster@can-host.com]
    [Can-Host Networks | http://can-host.com ]

[This message has been edited by Félix C.Courtemanche (edited 06-17-2000).]
      0 Not allowed!

I realize they are using Alabanza and yes they are good and it's nice to see a host who promise 15 minutes setup time and real technical support etc. Best wishes and good luck
      0 Not allowed!

Ben S. Guest

Cool

Hi,

I just want to add to the list and say a very big 'THANK YOU' to Annette.
    She has helped me in more ways than possible without ever flinching.

Thanks again Annette and good luck!

Benjamin
      0 Not allowed!

Well, thanks, guys. Always nice to know you can help someone out when they need it.

------------------
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    http://www.hostmatters.com
      0 Not allowed!

Digit Guest

I'll second (eight) that? Annette's service is the best I've found so far, from Alabanza's backbone to prompt email support (and a sense of humor).

Thanks, Annette.
      0 Not allowed!