Hybrid View

The Google Killer Has Arrived.

Unlike all the others who mash-up/steal other engines results,these are original.

- Unique results
    - Can delete spam
    - Voting
    - Commenting
    - Fast

http://www.sproose.com

Results are pretty good!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

SearchBigDaddy Local is going to be an interesting new competitor.

If all users contribute their brain power and respect to Sproose, it would be a Google killer in terms of search results because no system can compete with a person's intuitive thought.

However, in my opinion the only realistic Google killer is ask.com - with search algorithms that outstrip Google's and (although no where near the strength of Google's right now) a fairly heavy-weight brand name.

Google uses a global algorithm - page rankings are determined across every page Google has indexed. However, ask.com uses local algorithms that calculate page rankings across localised topical areas - this was once thought to be impossible to do in good time and computing power, but it was done by a University I have forgotten the name of and bought by Ask.

This is known as subject-specific popularity. Identifying topics (also known as "clusters"), the experts on those topics, and the popularity of millions of pages amongst those experts -- at the exact moment your search query is conducted -- requires many additional calculations that other search engines do not perform. The result is world-class relevance that often offers a unique editorial flavor compared to other search engines.
    » Kayako customer service software and live chat software- your customers deserve better than helpdesk

The site looks fine until you go clicking on 'Video', 'Popular Tags', etc.

And because of that Im sure it will turn people away.

I still think google is better. I search "spiderman" in "Web" tab. Then I click "Video" tab. And see, it is blank. I must type again "spiderman" there. Google makes this easier..

Google killer is a bit of a stretch over this thing.

It's VERY lacking in content depth. searching things I know the answers to and the fact that it shows 19 hits on a page that has 10,000 backlinks tells me this is a very incomplete database.

Now, it could grow into something that could someday possibly be a good competitor, but it's not even close right now.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickInstaller View Post
    I still think google is better. I search "spiderman" in "Web" tab. Then I click "Video" tab. And see, it is blank. I must type again "spiderman" there. Google makes this easier..
    that's not a really good reason to discount the search engine. The power and the quality of the database is the important thing. something as trivial as carrying form data over on tabs isn't a real good argument. However, it does point to ease of use. Fortunately such a thing is extremely simple to change.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

It has almost identical interface as google. Why would anybody need another search engine when google is doing such a good job with keeping results fair and consistent.

~Cally~
    Looking to get ahead? You can, with an online business degree.

I search for "live sports cafe" and the top 10 results are completely useless to me.

I think I'll pass.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Unlike all the others who mash-up/steal other engines results,these are original.

- Unique results
    - Can delete spam
    - Voting
    - Commenting
    - Fast

http://www.sproose.com
    Virtually all of the competing search engines I've seen lack Google's index depth. They just don't even come close to comparing. Of course you could argue Google is indexing a lot of junk but on the other hand they're missing less too.

Honestly I think it would take most potential competitors about a year with a large pool of globally diverse crawlers to build a serious competitor to Google and its index.