Would You Recommend Your Host to me? Cloud, Dedicated or VPS

This is my 1st post and I would like to know if you could recommend a host for me. Among the milions there are out there is really hard to decide. And the best way to do it is asking the guys that use them.

Today I am hosting with RackSpaceCloud. I am having a few BIG problems with them, witch I will go over when the time is right. I will in the future give a full review of my experience.

I am looking for a new host and it could be dedicated, VPS or cloud. I am particularly big fan of the Rackspace cloud tech, but having hard time finding something like them. It is easy to manage sites with them and since I know nothing of Linux I need my next solution to be managed by the support guys.

WHAT DO I NEED:

Most importan thing to me: RELIABILITY
    Second: PROMPT AND GOOD SUPPORT
    Third: MANAGING

WHAT DO I HAVE:

- Less than 5 milion page views/month
    - Less than 30GB of storage
    - Little more than 1TB of traffic
    - Wordpress sites only
    - Please, consider 1000 simultaneos users. I have less than 700 today, but is good to leave room for future growth
    - MySQL
    - Backup/snapshots
    - Redundancy

I am looking into Hivelocity and Gogax at the moment. But I saw some scary reviews about Gogax here, and not enough about Hivelocity.

Thanks already for any light you can shed on this.

Guess happy-hosting services will be good for you.
    I have been using them for a fair while and have had no problems.
    Stability and reliability are their strong points. And support is helpful in everything.

Thanks, Jift. Are they at happyat . net?

Guess happy-hosting services will be good for you.
    Have you had experience with Happy-Hosting?
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

@Hierofante it is with .com
    @Sparrow-Sean, dear Sir I have submitted my domain name through report button.

Quote Originally Posted by Jift View Post
    I have been using them for a fair while
    Not so long Confirmed again.

Hello and welcome to WHT. Would you mind sharing some details of your problem with Rackspace? The reason I ask is your problems could have a big impact on what may or may not be a good fit for you. Ie: if your issues are support related, networking, database, latency, IO, stability, growth concerns, etc. Thanks.

You may want to check out Rack911, they have really good support.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudWeb View Post
    Hello and welcome to WHT. Would you mind sharing some details of your problem with Rackspace? The reason I ask is your problems could have a big impact on what may or may not be a good fit for you. Ie: if your issues are support related, networking, database, latency, IO, stability, growth concerns, etc. Thanks.
    Hi, CloudWeb. My concern with Rackspace is not technical. I will give a full review of my experience as soon as all things are sorted out with them. Are you a RackSpace reseller?

Quote Originally Posted by Hierofante View Post
    WHAT DO I NEED:
    Just to be clear, I want some MANAGED kind of solution, since I know nothing of linux and want to focus on my business only.

You can't go wrong with The Planet.

cloud, VPS, dedicated.. it's really hard to choose.
    but is it coming up with cPanel for free? i am not friendly with pleask so.
    think about the control panel. too

Quote Originally Posted by sonixglobal View Post
    cloud, VPS, dedicated.. it's really hard to choose.
    but is it coming up with cPanel for free? i am not friendly with pleask so.
    think about the control panel. too
    Will keep that in mind, thanks.

sonixglobal and TheMegaIdiot, I will chack them out, thanks.

anon-e-mouse I will keep my eyes open about propaganda.

@Hierofante, I have a few servers with eUKhost and they are really good! You might want to give them a try.

There are a few other providers that I could recommend but management is not included with any of their hosting services.

You should definitely consider eUKhost though.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    @Hierofante, I have a few servers with eUKhost and they are really good! You might want to give them a try.

There are a few other providers that I could recommend but management is not included with any of their hosting services.

You should definitely consider eUKhost though.
    Thank you man, checkink it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hierofante View Post
    This is my 1st post and I would like to know if you could recommend a host for me. Among the milions there are out there is really hard to decide. And the best way to do it is asking the guys that use them.

Today I am hosting with RackSpaceCloud. I am having a few BIG problems with them, witch I will go over when the time is right. I will in the future give a full review of my experience.

I am looking for a new host and it could be dedicated, VPS or cloud. I am particularly big fan of the Rackspace cloud tech, but having hard time finding something like them. It is easy to manage sites with them and since I know nothing of Linux I need my next solution to be managed by the support guys.

WHAT DO I NEED:

Most importan thing to me: RELIABILITY
    Second: PROMPT AND GOOD SUPPORT

WHAT DO I HAVE:

- Less than 5 milion page views/month
    - Less than 30GB of storage
    - Little more than 1TB of traffic
    - Wordpress sites only
    - Please, consider 1000 simultaneos users. I have less than 700 today, but is good to leave room for future growth
    - MySQL
    - Backup/snapshots
    - Redundancy

I am looking into Hivelocity and Gogax at the moment. But I saw some scary reviews about Gogax here, and not enough about Hivelocity.

Thanks already for any light you can shed on this.
    Since you are hosting wordpress, especially with that much traffic across your sites - you should look at a hybrid solution. A cluster utilizing the right solution for the right job. Your front end (ie web service) can be on a cloud server - you would get high availability and utility functionality if you needed to burst. Your DB service (ie mysql) however, should be on something with local storage under situations with loads like this. A xen based VPS server would suit those needs. So a mini cluster with a Cloud web service and a local storage xen or vmware based vps mysql service - would give you the best of all worlds - and likely be priced less then a fully managed dedicated server
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

@cartika-andrew: Thanks man. I already have a estimate here of your services and will seriously consider.